The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


UK passport renewal in cyprus

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby akw666 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:47 am

Has anyone renewed their UK passport recently, whilst staying in Cyprus? If so where did you send it? A quick google shows sending it to Madrid, but the actual form gives a Belfast address.

Also - could someone recommend me a courier. An online search for international couriers operating out of Cyprus doesn't return a great set of results, but I'm assuming they must exist!

Any help appreciated.
akw666
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby miltiades » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:06 am

akw666 wrote:Has anyone renewed their UK passport recently, whilst staying in Cyprus? If so where did you send it? A quick google shows sending it to Madrid, but the actual form gives a Belfast address.

Also - could someone recommend me a courier. An online search for international couriers operating out of Cyprus doesn't return a great set of results, but I'm assuming they must exist!

Any help appreciated.

British Embassy in Nicosia.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16321
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:13 am

Start Here :

http://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/cyprus
Step by step process.

If you need courier services then all the big ones are present, including DHL, UPS, FedEx and TNT, though FedEx is in process of buying TNT, and EMS Datapost at the local Post office.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 am

miltiades wrote:
akw666 wrote:Has anyone renewed their UK passport recently, whilst staying in Cyprus? If so where did you send it? A quick google shows sending it to Madrid, but the actual form gives a Belfast address.

Also - could someone recommend me a courier. An online search for international couriers operating out of Cyprus doesn't return a great set of results, but I'm assuming they must exist!

Any help appreciated.

British Embassy in Nicosia.


Not any more.. and not for some years...

Get or renew a passport
The British embassy can’t help with passport enquiries. Contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office if you need help.

[urlwww.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-nicosia.[/url]
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby miltiades » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:35 am

I was not aware of this, my daughter renewed hers in Nicosia but that was about 10 or so years ago.
My apologies, a bit out of date.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16321
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby akw666 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:Start Here :

http://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/cyprus
Step by step process.

If you need courier services then all the big ones are present, including DHL, UPS, FedEx and TNT, though FedEx is in process of buying TNT, and EMS Datapost at the local Post office.


Yeah, I've done all that. At no point did it say where to send the signed declaration though. As I say the paperwork you print out says Belfast (so you would think this is the correct place) - however, other web-pages say Madrid. Just don't especially want to send it to the wrong place.
akw666
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: UK passport renewal in cyprus

Postby umit07 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

The form is most probably generic and the postal address will change according to the country you are lodging your application. It is best you call the British High Commission to confirm.
User avatar
umit07
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:02 pm


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest