The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

Turkey just CANNOT behave in a civilised fashion no matter the stakes ...

Turkish warplanes enter Greek airspace ahead of NATO operation

Turkish warplanes repeatedly entered Greek airspace on Monday, the state ANA news agency said, as NATO prepared to deploy ships to the Aegean Sea against migrant smugglers.

The Athens News Agency said six warplanes and a navy transport plane had carried out over 20 violations of Greek national airspace near eastern and central Aegean islands.

Two of the planes were armed and mock dogfights occurred on two occasions when Greek fighters moved to intercept, the agency said. No live rounds were exchanged.

The incident occurred as a NATO naval group was to launch patrols in the waters between the two countries to deter people-smugglers facilitating the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees and migrants into Europe.


Athens fears that Ankara could exploit the refugee crisis to strengthen its presence in the Aegean, where it claims the waters and airspace surrounding many Greek islands near its coastline.


Athens has said it is keen to work with Turkey on stamping out people-smuggling networks, but it wants Ankara to apply a bilateral agreement on migrant re-admission which is currently all but inactive.
YahooNews

It's a joke to think that Turkey is ever going to assist in cleaning up the mess it has created. They are hell-bent on destruction and exploitation.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 am

After Turkish tactics caused delays, NATO is back on course .... From The Wall Street Journal ... the meat:



BRUSSELS—The North Atlantic Treaty Organization reached an agreement on its mission to monitor and deter migrants trying to cross the Aegean Sea, it announced early Thursday morning.

It also reiterated​that any migrants rescued by NATO would be returned to Turkey.

Disagreements between Greece and Turkey emerged over whether the Dodecanese Islands would be included in the NATO mission. While Turkey had wanted the islands excluded, the NATO mission will eventually extend to them, Greek officials said Thursday.

“The NATO group under German leadership can start on its task within a few days,” she said. “Preparations are proceeding at high speed.”

German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said : ...“We want that people are taken back to the Turkish coast, this is an important point,”

Speaking in the Greek parliament on Thursday, Defense Minister Panos Kammenos said: “The agreement with NATO has been finalized. Ships of the NATO force are already sailing along the coastline to ensure that whoever is rescued will be sent back to Turkey.”

Mr. Kammenos added that NATO vessels will return third-country nationals back to Turkey, regardless of whether they are intercepted in Greek or Turkish territorial waters.

He said that when NATO vessels spot boats carrying refugees and migrants on Turkish territory they will have to alert the Turkish coast guard to have them picked up. Negotiations will continue during the next days between NATO, Frontex and Turkey to work out the best way to return the refugees to Turkey.

According to Greek officials, it will take a few weeks until the operation is fully developed, as its operational details are very complicated.

Earlier this week Greek officials said that Turkey had been blocking the plan, prompting furious negotiations inside NATO headquarters by officials trying to put together an operational plan. “There have been more than five days of negotiations,” said one official. “The devil is in the details.”

“We will participate in international efforts to cut the lines of illegal trafficking and illegal migration in the Aegean Sea,” Mr. Stoltenberg said. “Because this crisis affects us all. And we all have to find solutions.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nato-agrees ... 1456381381
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Interesting analysis, but here is another.

http://theconversation.com/who-are-natos-ships-in-the-aegean-really-keeping-an-eye-on-54665

The article suggests that the presence of Nato ships for an alleged role in the migration crises is in fact a smokescreen which explains the increased presence of NATO ships in the region without giving Russia any excuse to publically bitch about a provocative build up of Nato forces in the area.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:29 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:Interesting analysis, but here is another.

http://theconversation.com/who-are-natos-ships-in-the-aegean-really-keeping-an-eye-on-54665

The article suggests that the presence of Nato ships for an alleged role in the migration crises is in fact a smokescreen which explains the increased presence of NATO ships in the region without giving Russia any excuse to publically bitch about a provocative build up of Nato forces in the area.


That's OK - NATO got there first because Russia was going to get there if they didn't.

Personally, whichever of them returns migrants back to Turkey is fine by me.

Perhaps in a few months time we'll see a joint NATO - Russian force controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.

NATO's position is now closer to that of Russia's. Both can see Turkey is the problem!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:27 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:Interesting analysis, but here is another.

http://theconversation.com/who-are-natos-ships-in-the-aegean-really-keeping-an-eye-on-54665

The article suggests that the presence of Nato ships for an alleged role in the migration crises is in fact a smokescreen which explains the increased presence of NATO ships in the region without giving Russia any excuse to publically bitch about a provocative build up of Nato forces in the area.


That's OK - NATO got there first because Russia was going to get there if they didn't.

Personally, whichever of them returns migrants back to Turkey is fine by me.

Perhaps in a few months time we'll see a joint NATO - Russian force controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.

NATO's position is now closer to that of Russia's. Both can see Turkey is the problem!

you blind bat terggy did not create nofink. its the russians and assad and the yanks and the french who have been bombing the syrians to oblivion for 5 furquione years ffs. get your facts right
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:Interesting analysis, but here is another.

http://theconversation.com/who-are-natos-ships-in-the-aegean-really-keeping-an-eye-on-54665

The article suggests that the presence of Nato ships for an alleged role in the migration crises is in fact a smokescreen which explains the increased presence of NATO ships in the region without giving Russia any excuse to publically bitch about a provocative build up of Nato forces in the area.


That's OK - NATO got there first because Russia was going to get there if they didn't.

Personally, whichever of them returns migrants back to Turkey is fine by me.

Perhaps in a few months time we'll see a joint NATO - Russian force controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.

NATO's position is now closer to that of Russia's. Both can see Turkey is the problem!

you blind bat terggy did not create nofink. its the russians and assad and the yanks and the french who have been bombing the syrians to oblivion for 5 furquione years ffs. get your facts right


Lordo, please inform your family that Russia and USA will shortly re-divide Turkey into sizable chunks - some for Kurds, some for Greeks, some for Russia and some for NATO. :wink:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:38 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.


That you can even try to make out that Turkey and Turkey alone created the migrant crisis, as if Assad, Arab spring, opposition groups, DEASH, Saudi Arabia, USA and other western allies, Russia, Iran and countless others besides had no part to play in it at all, just shows both the intellectual paucity of your argument and how your position is actually driven not by evidence or facts or reality but solely by ethnicity based hatred. Your behaviour here really is pitiful and you seem to never fail to seize an opportunity to shown this.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby MR-from-NG » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:04 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.


That you can even try to make out that Turkey and Turkey alone created the migrant crisis, as if Assad, Arab spring, opposition groups, DEASH, Saudi Arabia, USA and other western allies, Russia, Iran and countless others besides had no part to play in it at all, just shows both the intellectual paucity of your argument and how your position is actually driven not by evidence or facts or reality but solely by ethnicity based hatred. Your behaviour here really is pitiful and you seem to never fail to seize an opportunity to shown this.

Did I mention before that you should have more time and more respect for a stray dog than this vile excuse of a human being?
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: NATO to stop shameless threats by Turkey.

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:24 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:Interesting analysis, but here is another.

http://theconversation.com/who-are-natos-ships-in-the-aegean-really-keeping-an-eye-on-54665

The article suggests that the presence of Nato ships for an alleged role in the migration crises is in fact a smokescreen which explains the increased presence of NATO ships in the region without giving Russia any excuse to publically bitch about a provocative build up of Nato forces in the area.


That's OK - NATO got there first because Russia was going to get there if they didn't.

Personally, whichever of them returns migrants back to Turkey is fine by me.

Perhaps in a few months time we'll see a joint NATO - Russian force controlling the migrant crisis that Turkey has created.

NATO's position is now closer to that of Russia's. Both can see Turkey is the problem!

you blind bat terggy did not create nofink. its the russians and assad and the yanks and the french who have been bombing the syrians to oblivion for 5 furquione years ffs. get your facts right


Lordo, please inform your family that Russia and USA will shortly re-divide Turkey into sizable chunks - some for Kurds, some for Greeks, some for Russia and some for NATO. :wink:

when assad managed to kill 250,000 people and make 11 million homeless russia came to his aid. why on earth would usa allow terggy to split when she does everything the yanks ask. you my friend and i use the word friend very loosely are off your rocker.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests