The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:58 pm

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:if you have nothing intelligent to offer why waste your time posting? :roll:


Because it annoys you, which I enjoy doing when you post your normal rubbish.


Why would you accept it's a virus that causes microcephaly and not a chemical? Both are possible - both can cause developmental deformities (eg German Measles or Thalidomide).

But I haven't seen any data that suggests all of the mothers with deformed babies have antibodies to Zika. Until that test is done, then the pesticide possibility is worth investigating.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:29 pm

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:if you have nothing intelligent to offer why waste your time posting? :roll:


Because it annoys you, which I enjoy doing when you post your normal rubbish.


Yes ........ you are annoying just like the other feline squeaking hinge! :roll: :x
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:39 pm

GiG:
Why would you accept it's a virus that causes microcephaly and not a chemical? Both are possible - both can cause developmental deformities (eg German Measles or Thalidomide).

But I haven't seen any data that suggests all of the mothers with deformed babies have antibodies to Zika. Until that test is done, then the pesticide possibility is worth investigating.


I agree with you. I am no microbiologist but I think the scientific community need to look at all possible causes. At the moment they are convinced it is ZIKA which gives them a preconceived theory to work with. As you say, so far there has been no confirmation one way or the other.

What gives me concerns is that this story has not been covered at all in the MSM and if you associate that insecticide with Monsanto, who make Roundup and of course Agent Orange, there is the suspicion that there could be a cover up going on? :o
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Robin Hood wrote:GiG:
Why would you accept it's a virus that causes microcephaly and not a chemical? Both are possible - both can cause developmental deformities (eg German Measles or Thalidomide).

But I haven't seen any data that suggests all of the mothers with deformed babies have antibodies to Zika. Until that test is done, then the pesticide possibility is worth investigating.


I agree with you. I am no microbiologist but I think the scientific community need to look at all possible causes. At the moment they are convinced it is ZIKA which gives them a preconceived theory to work with. As you say, so far there has been no confirmation one way or the other.

What gives me concerns is that this story has not been covered at all in the MSM and if you associate that insecticide with Monsanto, who make Roundup and of course Agent Orange, there is the suspicion that there could be a cover up going on? :o


Trying to find what tests have been used to determine precisely why they have jumped so strongly to the conclusion that this outbreak of microcephaly is due to Zika doesn't yield much meaningful information. It even makes it look more shaky. Very conveniently in answer to my above query on testing for the presence of antibodies to prove mums had been infected with Zika gave me this:

The ACOG also lists screening of Zika-fighting antibodies as a possible way to confirm if a person had an infection, but this isn’t a feasible solution for much of the Americas, including the U.S.

We don’t have a reliable antibody test for Zika virus, because it cross reacts with other flaviviruses, particularly dengue,” Lucey said, resulting in false positive readings.
pbs.org

That's all very convenient if they wanted a cover-up. :roll:

But why would any scientist come out and strongly support this working hypothesis if there is so little definitive evidence? :?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 pm

GiG;
It now appears that the subject has been raised that it could be some other cause but too early to be any more certain either way. There was also an error in the number of cases originally stated by officials and has now been confirmed as ~400 NOT ~4000!

These links may be of interest:

Causes such as? Toxic pesticides, including Roundup and atrazine. Brazil uses more pesticides than any nation in the world, and many of these chemicals are banned in other countries.

The mosquito-killing insecticide, pyroproxyfen, which has been dumped in water supplies.


http://www.blacklistednews.com/Zika%3A_the_Essence_of_the_Hoax%3A_Analysis/48925/0/38/38/Y/M.html

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/02/14/brazilian-state-suspends-larvicide-used-to-combat-zika-virus/
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Robin Hood wrote:GiG;
It now appears that the subject has been raised that it could be some other cause but too early to be any more certain either way. There was also an error in the number of cases originally stated by officials and has now been confirmed as ~400 NOT ~4000!

These links may be of interest:

Causes such as? Toxic pesticides, including Roundup and atrazine. Brazil uses more pesticides than any nation in the world, and many of these chemicals are banned in other countries.

The mosquito-killing insecticide, pyroproxyfen, which has been dumped in water supplies.


http://www.blacklistednews.com/Zika%3A_the_Essence_of_the_Hoax%3A_Analysis/48925/0/38/38/Y/M.html

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/02/14/brazilian-state-suspends-larvicide-used-to-combat-zika-virus/


Oh yes ... the infamous way to pollute the picture - the error-ridden PRESS RELEASE! :roll: [Sure got stud and erolz screaming anti-Greek propaganda before the facts came out on another topic]

Brazilian health authorities and the World Health Organization jumped the gun in asserting there was an epidemic, based on 4,100 cases they later cut down to 404. That was a press release, not science.


Media manipulation .... and Monsanto? :? What a mix!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
And your evidence for that rubbish is? :roll:


Google it before Robin_rubbish_Hooding. Last time it was so evident that all countries around Cyprus had a lot of rain and we didn't Christofias had the courage to complain. It started raining within a week.
Ask anyone who is living in Cyprus to tell you about the unusual phenomenon of half the population suffering from respiratory deceases THIS year.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/02/14/chemt ... t-go-away/
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/16/the ... m-the-sky/
http://www.chemtrailsprojectuk.com/cypr ... y-go-away/
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
And your evidence for that rubbish is? :roll:


Google it before Robin_rubbish_Hooding. Last time it was so evident that all countries around Cyprus had a lot of rain and we didn't Christofias had the courage to complain. It started raining within a week.
Ask anyone who is living in Cyprus to tell you about the unusual phenomenon of half the population suffering from respiratory deceases THIS year.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/02/14/chemt ... t-go-away/
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/16/the ... m-the-sky/
http://www.chemtrailsprojectuk.com/cypr ... y-go-away/


Jets seen doing that should be shot down!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby erolz66 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:10 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: the infamous way to pollute the picture - the error-ridden PRESS RELEASE![Sure got stud and erolz screaming anti-Greek propaganda before the facts came out on another topic]


cyprus44527.html
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: ZIKA ... maybe not the mozzies after all!

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 pm

An interesting interview with Perdikis about it:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests