The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


UK REFERENDUM

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

SHOULD THE UK STAY IN OR GO OUT OF THE EU

Poll ended at Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:01 pm
Note: Your vote in this poll is NOT confidential. Your username will be displayed under the option(s) you select

STAY IN
5
50%
 
erolz66, miltiades, RichardB, skyvet, Tim Drayton
COME OUT
5
50%
 
GreekIslandGirl, Paphitis, Robin Hood, Sotos, Zenon33
 
Total votes : 10

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Garavnoss wrote:
Lordo wrote: the british public need a lesson and they are about to get it by leaving the eu.



The British Public NEVER learn [whatever the lesson] they are blindly led by the nose from the cradle to the grave.

I think they are under the impression that they are living in a "Democracy". :lol:


As one of them, I agree with you! They cannot be taught anything either ! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Garavnoss » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Lordo wrote: the british public need a lesson and they are about to get it by leaving the eu.



The British Public NEVER learn [whatever the lesson] they are blindly led by the nose from the cradle to the grave.

I think they are under the impression that they are living in a "Democracy". :lol:


As one of them, I agree with you! They cannot be taught anything either ! :roll:


That is because there are few able to "Teach" them, those that might are usually subjected to insult and ridicule which results in ensuring that the "Fog" [in which they reside] occasionally lifts but soon descends once the political machine gives the public a gentle reassuring tap on the head and convinces them that all will be well in the future. 8)
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Jerry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:37 pm

I have always been for the EU but (and perhaps my view is a bit "Sun" like) I'm very angry at the fact that currently, for instance, a Romanian can reside and claim benefits in the UK and send £20.50 a week back to his home country for his child even though the child is not in UK. That's the equivalent to £100 a week in UK. I know that in real terms the overseas payments for child allowance is only a tiny proportion of UK welfare expenditure but the fact that our system can be abused in this way makes me say "bugger it, let's get out of EU". There's not much logic to my attitude since I believe our economy may suffer if we leave but sometimes ones heart rules ones head. From the interviews I've seen on TV a significant number of voters think the same way.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Garavnoss wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Lordo wrote: the british public need a lesson and they are about to get it by leaving the eu.



The British Public NEVER learn [whatever the lesson] they are blindly led by the nose from the cradle to the grave.

I think they are under the impression that they are living in a "Democracy". :lol:


As one of them, I agree with you! They cannot be taught anything either ! :roll:


That is because there are few able to "Teach" them, those that might are usually subjected to insult and ridicule which results in ensuring that the "Fog" [in which they reside] occasionally lifts but soon descends once the political machine gives the public a gentle reassuring tap on the head and convinces them that all will be well in the future. 8)


Try telling most people that they are living in a fog'! They won't believe you, even about something fundamental to our lives , 'in' or 'out' of the EU ............ the creation of money and the banking/financial system!

99%+ of the population, live in a complete fog of ignorance and misconception about how it works ..... try to explain it and the dangers and, as you say, you get nothing but insult and ridicule. Yet the evidence that something is very wrong, they see on TV and read in news every day and yet they still think it is a big joke! Ignorance is bliss!

You may have guessed ...... a subject I hold strong views on. Even backing from the BoE, The FED and the German Central Bank and a host of economists ....... the fog bound still consider verifiable fact as a conspiracy theory. :x

Another country that decided to stay out of the EU and are well on the way to a real recovery as they saw the dangers after 2008 and woke up to the reality of the fraud. Iceland, the only country to have jailed the Big Bankers for their fraud.

Iceland ....... Cyprus/Greece should have talked to them instead of the Troika. :roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11507810/Iceland-looks-at-ending-boom-and-bust-with-radical-money-plan.html

Miltiades: My apologies for hijacking your OP. :wink:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Jerry wrote:I have always been for the EU but (and perhaps my view is a bit "Sun" like) I'm very angry at the fact that currently, for instance, a Romanian can reside and claim benefits in the UK and send £20.50 a week back to his home country for his child even though the child is not in UK. That's the equivalent to £100 a week in UK. I know that in real terms the overseas payments for child allowance is only a tiny proportion of UK welfare expenditure but the fact that our system can be abused in this way makes me say "bugger it, let's get out of EU". There's not much logic to my attitude since I believe our economy may suffer if we leave but sometimes ones heart rules ones head. From the interviews I've seen on TV a significant number of voters think the same way.


In 2007/2008 we had Poles living in a rented house close to us and they were being employed by a Russian developer to build houses. My wife is Polish so they talked to her through a common language. One day she was asked where they had to go to claim child benefit from the Cypriot Government!!!!!!

She directed them to a Citizens Advice Centre in Limassol and acted as their interpreter ........... they were not exactly thrown out but it was very evident that the Cypriots had absolutely no intention of paying them Child Benefit for their children ..... where ever they happened to be!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: They were very clear ...... it was for Cypriots only. :roll:

Are the UK and Cyprus in the same EU? :?:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby miltiades » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Lets not forget the Asians, Africans and other non EU citizens who are in receipt of benefits. If the UK exits the EU this will not in any way affect the millions of non EU citizens in receipt of benefits.

The British system is utterly ludicrous when it comes to dishing benefits out.
By the way I wonder if I ....could claim for my step daughter out in Belarus :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:34 pm

I thought those child benefit arrangements were reciprocated between all EU countries. Have heard of a UK family who did very well when English dad went to work in Germany and mum and kids in UK got more than they would have done if they were on benefits with the dad working in UK.

Cameron's a crowd-pleasing clown - hopefully this will encourage all migrant workers in UK to bring their kids with them .... schools and NHS get ready! :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Jerry wrote:I have always been for the EU but (and perhaps my view is a bit "Sun" like) I'm very angry at the fact that currently, for instance, a Romanian can reside and claim benefits in the UK and send £20.50 a week back to his home country for his child even though the child is not in UK. That's the equivalent to £100 a week in UK. I know that in real terms the overseas payments for child allowance is only a tiny proportion of UK welfare expenditure but the fact that our system can be abused in this way makes me say "bugger it, let's get out of EU". There's not much logic to my attitude since I believe our economy may suffer if we leave but sometimes ones heart rules ones head. From the interviews I've seen on TV a significant number of voters think the same way.

you begrudge a romianian £20.50 to send to his child while he is picking your onions for probably 50 pence an hour. all i can say is you aint no furquine human, asshole.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby miltiades » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Lordo wrote:
Jerry wrote:I have always been for the EU but (and perhaps my view is a bit "Sun" like) I'm very angry at the fact that currently, for instance, a Romanian can reside and claim benefits in the UK and send £20.50 a week back to his home country for his child even though the child is not in UK. That's the equivalent to £100 a week in UK. I know that in real terms the overseas payments for child allowance is only a tiny proportion of UK welfare expenditure but the fact that our system can be abused in this way makes me say "bugger it, let's get out of EU". There's not much logic to my attitude since I believe our economy may suffer if we leave but sometimes ones heart rules ones head. From the interviews I've seen on TV a significant number of voters think the same way.

you begrudge a romianian £20.50 to send to his child while he is picking your onions for probably 50 pence an hour. all i can say is you aint no furquine human, asshole.

Apart from cooking kebabs have you any other skills ? You are by far the most stupid plonker to ever post on CY Forum.
50P AN HOUR :lol: Man that's 4 quid a day £20 for a 5 day week. :lol:
Any new threads in the pipeline ?
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK REFERENDUM

Postby Jerry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Lordo wrote:
Jerry wrote:I have always been for the EU but (and perhaps my view is a bit "Sun" like) I'm very angry at the fact that currently, for instance, a Romanian can reside and claim benefits in the UK and send £20.50 a week back to his home country for his child even though the child is not in UK. That's the equivalent to £100 a week in UK. I know that in real terms the overseas payments for child allowance is only a tiny proportion of UK welfare expenditure but the fact that our system can be abused in this way makes me say "bugger it, let's get out of EU". There's not much logic to my attitude since I believe our economy may suffer if we leave but sometimes ones heart rules ones head. From the interviews I've seen on TV a significant number of voters think the same way.

you begrudge a romianian £20.50 to send to his child while he is picking your onions for probably 50 pence an hour. all i can say is you aint no furquine human, asshole.


I resent anyone playing the system. Since you are so bloody generous with other people's money I suggest YOU send £20.50 a week to a Romanian charity. BTW minimum wage in UK is £6.70 per hour, that's like earning more than £30 per hour in Romania, asshole.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest