The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Syria Peace countdown!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby miltiades » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:40 pm

How could the west get it so abysmally wrong, 300 thousand dead, millions of refugees, all because the west led by a bunch of AMATEUR wankers decided that Assad must be replaced, by whom I ask ? Does Obama know anything about the ME , does he really think that a creditable replacement of Assad exists?

Russia has exposed the west as a bunch of naïve morons, as a west supporter I cant help feeling that this episode has damaged the west irrevocably.

Assad will survive, he has survived because the vast majority prefer THIS DICTATOR to anyone else.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Lordo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:10 pm

russia destroyed the country with her bombing and left to let the syrians to the devastation. how the hell did you work out the majority syrians support asssad you stupid old fool.

11 million out of 22 million are refuges and i am certain they hate assads guts. what remains even if half support him which i doubt that only leaves him with 25 percent support. the poor souls have never had a democratic election to see who they support. you really are a stupid old man.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 am

Lordo wrote:russia destroyed the country with her bombing and left to let the syrians to the devastation. how the hell did you work out the majority syrians support asssad you stupid old fool.

11 million out of 22 million are refuges and i am certain they hate assads guts. what remains even if half support him which i doubt that only leaves him with 25 percent support. the poor souls have never had a democratic election to see who they support. you really are a stupid old man.


Your opinion runs contrary to all the facts and common sense conclusions of events over the last few months! The Russians have achieved almost exactly what they announced when they went in to support Assad. :D

Milti is right! The Syrians will put Assad back on the 'throne' irrespective of what the US coalition has planned ..... Putin will see to that. Better the devil you know and the stability and security his regime provided, than the chaos, death and destruction unleashed upon them by the US coalition's 'moderate' terrorists!

So you believe that 5 months of military action by the Russians and the Syrian Govt. is the reason for all the statistics you post? I think you are being fed bum information. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby miltiades » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:28 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Lordo wrote:russia destroyed the country with her bombing and left to let the syrians to the devastation. how the hell did you work out the majority syrians support asssad you stupid old fool.

11 million out of 22 million are refuges and i am certain they hate assads guts. what remains even if half support him which i doubt that only leaves him with 25 percent support. the poor souls have never had a democratic election to see who they support. you really are a stupid old man.


Your opinion runs contrary to all the facts and common sense conclusions of events over the last few months! The Russians have achieved almost exactly what they announced when they went in to support Assad. :D

Milti is right! The Syrians will put Assad back on the 'throne' irrespective of what the US coalition has planned ..... Putin will see to that. Better the devil you know and the stability and security his regime provided, than the chaos, death and destruction unleashed upon them by the US coalition's 'moderate' terrorists!

So you believe that 5 months of military action by the Russians and the Syrian Govt. is the reason for all the statistics you post? I think you are being fed bum information. :roll:

Robin, just in case you haven't as yet, doubt it very much, figured out that this 86 year old kebab peddler is a complete and utter idiot, let me tell you he is 100% ...Stupid !
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 am

Milti ..... we all have a roll to play ...... even old kebab pedlars! :roll: You have to make allowances, not everyone is a Genius or even well informed or even informed at all! :roll: :wink: :D
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Kikapu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 am

I think what has happened behind the scenes, is that Putin has convinced enough of the many opposition factions in the last two weeks for them to work with Assad to form a government at the peace talks and collectively push out the ISIS and the remaining non Assad supporting oppositions (foreign country agents) from Syria. Putin's partial pullout from Syria may well be to show these opposition factions that those working with the Syrian government will not be attacked by Russia or the Syrian government forces.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:18 am

Kikapu wrote:I think what has happened behind the scenes, is that Putin has convinced enough of the many opposition factions in the last two weeks for them to work with Assad to form a government at the peace talks and collectively push out the ISIS and the remaining non Assad supporting oppositions (foreign country agents) from Syria. Putin's partial pullout from Syria may well be to show these opposition factions that those working with the Syrian government will not be attacked by Russia or the Syrian government forces.


I think you are right in what you say but, I am sure a lot has gone on behind the scenes because Putin does not threaten or ridicule the losers and has demonstrated diplomatic skills way beyond the collective ability of the US/NATO and other coalition leaders. He has allowed them the common courtesy of saving face! A delusion, so that they don't appear publicly to be the complete dorks that the public have come to realise they are. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Paphitis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 am

Now learn the real story.

The reason for Russia's withdrawal are several and I shall go through them one by one so that you people can learn something from the real world.

The reasons are as follows:
1) Russia is in a steep economic decline and soon could be at the brink of a complete collapse and Government Shutdown thanks to the flooding of excess Oil onto the market by Saudi Arabia and the ambargoes by the EU, and APEC. This war was fought on many fronts, including the economic front and here, the KSA has the upper hand and so do the Coalition Partners. This Russian collapse will be unprecedented in Global Terms and will dwarf Greece's Collapse and even the downturn in China. That is one contributing factor and a very big bargaining chip for the Rebels since Russia's economy is 50% based on Oil Production. Yes, Oil is what Russia is interested in, as well as its bases and it just so happens that we control the price per barrel and can hold Putin to ransom. Of course, you will never here this on the MSA but read, listen and learn. :wink:
2) Pootin knows very well that there will not be a Military Solution in Syria and it has a massive fear of getting caught in a Syrian Quagmire similar to their adventure in Afghanistan a few decades ago. And we would be very happy to trap them in that quagmire as well as bring his economy down to its knees where he will have all the IMF Bankers arrive on his doorstep. Not that he will be able to fight the war like the Russians did in Afghanistan for nearly a decade because he would not have the capital to even maintain his aircraft.
3) Because he knows the choices are for a political solution and not a military solution (resulting in a massive quagmire), the momentum at the peace talks seems to indicate that there is growing momentum for a Technocratic Administrative Coalition of all Opposition Rebels plus Baathist representatives to take over the "throne" from Assad. Yes Assad was read the riot act by Pootin pressuring him that he must get serious about negotiating a proper Political Solution for Syria and that Russia will not be around to bail Assad's arse again.
4) this is a politically face saving withdrawal, and we are happy for the Russians to save face and call it a great step towards peace and political transition for Syria, since that is what is going to happen. If all goes well, Saudi Arabia and Russia could even agree to cut Oil Production rather than just freeze production which will save Russia's economy and Pootin's political hyde. We might be nice enough to loosen some of the embargoes and perhaps even abolish them completely in a few years! The withdrawal is also very convenient before he gets drawn into sending his troops into the Aleppo stronghold which is where Assad wanted to go but Pootin is far more smarter than that.
5) Elections will be held in 18 months and these elections will be conducted by International Monitors and Observers as well as the UN. :wink:
6) Of course Pootin is not a very happy chappy and relations with the West are at an all time low. Probably as bad as the Cold War. His final departing dig at the West was the fact that he NEVER seriously attacked or bombed DAESH. He might be in cohorts with them and wants the Coalition to get caught in their own quagmire. But that is OK, we will continue to pepper DAESH in a sustainable manner and we will even extend Pootin an invitation to participate in erradicating these terrorists. But the silence is deafening.
7) the other thing that is being worked on and is a major objective is to return peace to Syria as soon as possible and to declare Syria a safe country for the abolition of Protection Visas and Asylum applications, thus allowing for the return of some 4 million refugees for resettlement in areas not controlled by DAESH or Al Nusra. This will relieve the pressure on the EU as well as other countries outside of the EU including USA, Canada, and Australia.

Some of you are actually smart enough to work this stuff out for yourselves.

Make no mistake about it, but Pootin's arse belongs to us. It depends on him how hard and how big the pineapples will be!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... rm-decline

http://www.focus-economics.com/countries/russia

But I will leave you again to ponder on this reality for yourselves.

Good Luck! :wink:
Last edited by Paphitis on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20997
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Jerry » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:08 am

Putin will threaten to go back into Syria if he doesn't get his own way in the forthcoming talks, he has outwitted the West.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Syria Peace countdown!

Postby Paphitis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

Jerry wrote:Putin will threaten to go back into Syria if he doesn't get his own way in the forthcoming talks, he has outwitted the West.


He has too much to lose I'm afraid.

And he will get what he has been after but never admitted publicly. Things like:
1) sovereign status of his bases making them untouchable regardless of what happens,
2) easing of the embargo,
3) the lifting of Oil Prices, and
4) most Oil and Gas contracts to be issued to Russian firms.

That is what it's all about for him, not Assad!

I would agree with you if he had the courage to enter Aleppo and defeat the rebels, but the KGB agent knows that is a lot easier said than done I'm afraid. The question is, can he convince Assad to grow a brain? The momentum is with the peace talks and the rebels are all there negotiating for their piece of the pie.

We have Raqqa surrounded too, but we don't seem to be very keen to cut our Ground Forces loose because we know that we will lose too many of them in a short space of time and we don't want that. We prefer the longer term strategy of cutting off their finances and bombing their pick up trucks whenever we can and avoid casualties from the civilian populace which we believe support us. If we start killing them, then we would lose that support.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20997
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests