The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Why being wrong really hurts

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Why being wrong really hurts

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:55 pm

To be perfectly frank, erolz, I find your behaviour very similar to this guy's behaviour who you say spoils threads by dragging in irrelevancies and details.

For example, my thread about the fishermen who were nominated for a Nobel Peace prize: out of the blue, you butted in with your first post to completely derail the topic. You started posting politics guaranteed to lead to other arguments and then threw in an untruthful claim (be honest, it is untrue) about what the EU Commission was threatening when they hadn't even made any such announcements. You knew that would lead to the request for evidence and you used this opportunity to COMPLETELY destroy (pages and pages of trash) a general chat thread about fishermen , bravery, humanity and recognition. A sad reflection on you!

In the last few months, you have derailed threads, caused endless meaningless repetition and then to top it all opened threads about you and your feelings and like a Pied Piper stopped everyone from discussing general matters to discussing you and your superior feelings.

I find you utterly hypocritical, passive aggressive and quite relentlessly vicious. I dislike being reduced to talking about individuals but we do occasionally get characters on CF that want it to be all about them and their feelings and how they 'hate the behaviour' of someone else that they seek to destroy because they think they have a monopoly on the moral high ground.

I suppose you are searching to exonerate yourself for residing in an illegally occupied area surrounded by thieves, criminals and invaders. It is these people you should be attacking for their behaviour not someone with different opinions to you. But you are impotent to do that, aren't you? So you take cheap shots at me.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: It really hurts whenyou don't know where s/he's coming f

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Re the title
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Why being wrong really hurts

Postby erolz66 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:18 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:For example, my thread about the fishermen who were nominated for a Nobel Peace prize: out of the blue, you butted in with your first post to completely derail the topic.


My post was undoubtedly provocative I do not deny that but it was not made with a pre conceived intent to derail the thread. It was made, as I have explained before more than once, to offer some 'balance' to your relentless dominant narrative here. You posted your thread , which was about an attempt to start a campaign have some 'normal people' (Greeks) nominated for the Nobel (not that they were nominated - how annoying of me that I care about actual reality). You started the whole thing off with your usual ethnicity based version of how the world is with "Learn something from the Greeks, please. Humanity and heroism" and "gold-hearted Greeks" and not forgetting top have a poke at 'Turkey' along the way with "people cast into danger by grabby Turkey". Your latest 'pushing' of this narrative (Greeks are great, Turks are bad and Brits are scum too) was done on the same day that the worlds media was full of stories about Greece being threatened by the EU re processing of migrants. My post WAS to offer some balance to your relentless 'Greeks good / Turks bad' narrative, What is more I stand by what I have also said, more than once before - that if you had responded to my post with a 'go away this thread is not about that' I almost certainly would have left it there. I might have started a new thread about the findings of the EU evaluation report on Greece - sure but the argument in that thread would have ended there.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: and then threw in an untruthful claim (be honest, it is untrue) about what the EU Commission was threatening when they hadn't even made any such announcements.


I put in some balance to your 'Greeks good / Turks bad' narrative, that was connected to the whole subject of migrants and Greece by posting a single media report from the guardian. I then in response to your usual 'blame everything on Turkey alone' narrative - "The root of the plight of refugees is TURKEY!" responded with the claim "And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece."

This claim is not untrue. I say that in all absolute honesty. The EU Commission HAD announced specifically the conclusion of the Evalaution report on Greece - yes at that point it was a draft - as it was awaiting formal adoption by the Commission ( which happened less than a week later) but the announcement by the EU Commission was real. The evaluation report was real. The conclusion of that report that Greece was seriously deficient were real. It is true that the press release did also explicitly explain that such a finding in such a report could lead ultimately to suspension of Greece from Schengen by the EU and indeed was the first step in the only process that could do so. This press release did lead to vast numbers of media reports across a vast range of outlets with headlines on variations of 'EU Threatens Greece with ... (sanctions , suspension, expulsion). So no I do NOT in all honesty accept that my claim was untrue. The basis for the reality of the claim all there in the single EU Commission press release and supported by vast amount of media reports as well.

You at that point however had set your agenda. You then pulled out your full armoury of 'techniques' to puruse your agenda to try and demonstrate that what I said was untrue and that I had said it knowing it to be untrue and that there was no basis for the claim what so ever. I could list once more the full litany of the systematic things you then said and claimed that were and are so patently untrue , or just absurd along with all your other 'tricks' that you used in pursuit of this agenda - one that you are STILL trying to push even now - but that has been done so already so many times and you are right it does not need me to show that to other people - they can see it for themselves.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: You knew that would lead to the request for evidence and you used this opportunity to COMPLETELY destroy (pages and pages of trash) a general chat thread about fishermen , bravery, humanity and recognition. A sad reflection on you!


Just not true. I had no 'plan' to derail the thread. What is more I DID provide the evidence a direct link to the single EU Commission press release - and it was YOU pursuing the agenda of 'proving I was a liar' that actually drove the thread from that point. What is more your whole portrayal now of the thread being about "fishermen , bravery, humanity and recognition" is itself, as far as I am concerned a distortion of the reality - the thread was about, for you, the standard 'Greeks good / Turks bad ' narrative that dominates almost every one of your posts. I will not argue about this - anyone can judge from themselves this just by looking at the first few post you made before I even entered the thread cyprus43551.html

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I find you utterly hypocritical,


The feeling is entirely mutual.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: quite relentlessly vicious.


But of course there is no reason anyone could consider you of being 'vicious' is there ? And you talk of my hypocrisy ?

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I suppose you are searching to exonerate yourself for residing in an illegally occupied area surrounded by thieves, criminals and invaders. It is these people you should be attacking for their behaviour not someone with different opinions to you. But you are impotent to do that, aren't you? So you take cheap shots at me.


And as ever you pretty much show exactly the kind of thing I am talking about in terms of how you behave here, how you have always behaved here. The irony is I could show you countless posts in other places where I am critical of the TRNC and the situation in Cyprus and the north, though doing so would be pointless as evidence IS irrelevant to you. That I do not do so as much HERE is directly related to you, and others but none more so than you, leaving no 'space' within which I could do so, after your relentless 'Greeks Good / Turks bad' narrative.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest