The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby boomerang » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
boomerang wrote:sure dude, give your self a pat on the back as if anyone is gonna read your response... :lol:


I have just quoted big Mak who blamed Greece for the 74 Invasion...


dude double pat your self on the back... :lol:


http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus38067.html

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus36922.html

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus36848.html

and there more if you bothered to searched...

so again you 2 guys are getting whipped by a single female.. :lol:
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:40 am

boomerang wrote:buddy, your private dick powers are quickly eluding you... :lol:


Think not... Now Dick off....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 pm

I understand your general thrust Boomerang - really I do. But this bit has me confused

boomerang wrote:...while you 2 guys are being sexist out of borne frustration...


Not the frustration but the sexist bit ? It really is irrelevant to me what gender GiG is or may be. Is arguing with any female inherently sexists - is that what you mean ? I really do not understand what you are trying to say here and I would like to understand it if I can. I have to say also I find the 'accusation' of sexism on my behalf strange coming from you give that you later say 'you 2 guys are getting whipped by a single female' ? I mean that to me appears to be an inherently sexist comment, it defines the interaction between us in terms of gender, which I actually think is irrelevant, and seems to imply to me that you think in the 'normal' course of things no female should be able to 'whip' a male ?

boomerang wrote:clearly in the battle I would have GIG in front...by a long stretch...


You are entitled to your opinion, and your opinion is of some interest to me - but in all honesty, not that much interest. I do not do my best challenge and highlight the way GiG behaves here out of a motivation to try and 'win the battle' in the eyes of an 'audience' , though I do understand that it can easily appear that way. I try to challenge and highlight the way GiG behaves here because that behaviour annoys the fuck out of me.

boomerang wrote:one thing is for sure I would classify GIG as an expert fisherman...you guys take line, sinker and hook and she only uses berley, no bait... :lol:


Sure it easy to 'bait' me in to responding. I do not deny that. Denying objective reality, actively misconstruing others meanings with intent, partial and out of context quoting with the intent of distorting original meaning - 'techniques' like this will always tempt me in. When they are done relentlessly for year after year then all the more so.

PS found some of the discussions in your links interesting. Thanks for those.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby Lordo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:52 pm

i think boomerang is on a different level when it comes to gig/oracle being in the front. in times of war the front row is the first to be killed.

Us and Them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me, and you
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do
Forward he cried from the rear
and the front rank died
And the General sat, as the lines on the map
moved from side to side
Black and Blue
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up and Down
And in the end it's only round and round and round
Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
the poster bearer cried
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside

"Well I mean, they're gonna kill ya, so like, if you give 'em a quick sh...short, sharp shock, they don't do it again.
Dig it? I mean he got off light, 'cause I coulda given 'I'm a thrashin' but I only hit him once.
It's only the difference between right and wrong innit? I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

Down and Out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about
With, without
And who'll deny that's what the fightings all about
Get out of the way, it's a busy day
And I've got things on my mind
For want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 pm

erolz66 wrote:I do not do my best challenge and highlight the way GiG behaves here out of a motivation to try and 'win the battle' in the eyes of an 'audience' , though I do understand that it can easily appear that way. I try to challenge and highlight the way GiG behaves here because that behaviour annoys the fuck out of me.


I don't normally criticize other people's style (variety is the spice of life and all that). But what I cringe about with your posts is that they do seem to be pandering to an audience. You're not really talking to 'me' but some other third party. It's like being at a party and talking to someone who is always looking out to see who else is watching them.

The personal touch is preferable - trying to treat each post as a discrete entity and deal with the idea behind the writing - you remain superficial and then make some deterministic assumptions (often wrong).

Of course there is a degree of history between long term posters and some things are quicker to understand put into the context of knowing where that person is coming from. But in your case, there is a fixed and bigoted idea.

You behave as some kind of judge or lawyer who has to nitpick at something in order to ruin the character of the poster so that your audience goes 'wow I never knew that person was like this or like that until erolz pointed out to me his/her shortcomings'. I had a few friends that behaved that way. Gossipy types, small brains.

I also don't like the way you have to keep contrasting one post with a million others before it on some other thread or way back some years. I don't have that sort of time or willpower to archive. You also seem to find it hard to accept how ideas evolve and subtly change over time - although, I must say, I am probably one of the most consistent in my views here (for good or bad).

Anyway, I don't usually have time for long posts or answering to posts on command, so it's quite rude really to try and pin someone down into a repetitious cycle. Posting is something I have to take or leave as I get on with my other things throughout the day and evening.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby Lordo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:50 pm

lets face it if one person exists that not only needs to be judged but found guilty after a fair trial is you my dear. you attract guilt like crap attracts flies.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: But in your case, there is a fixed and bigoted idea.


You really think this is not as or more true of yourself as it is of me ?

GreekIslandGirl wrote: You behave as some kind of judge or lawyer who has to nitpick at something in order to ruin the character of the poster so that your audience goes 'wow I never knew that person was like this or like that until erolz pointed out to me his/her shortcomings'. I had a few friends that behaved that way. Gossipy types, small brains.


Certainly I am guilty of behaving like I think other people can not see how you have consistently behaved on these forums and that I need to therefore highlight such behaviour. I know this is not true, I know as fact that some others see your behaviour here in the same way as I do and I am sure that most can see how you behave here without me needing to point it out. I know this but the drive within me to challenge that behaviour remains none the less.

To me you 'argue' here like a barrister defending a client that they know has a weak case, so as a matter of 'tactics' seeks to actively create as much 'confusion' and 'doubt' as possible. This kind of active use of trying to diminish and reduce understanding, within and of the person you are arguing with and generally in any 'audience' is an anathema to me. It fundamentally grates at the core of who I am.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I also don't like the way you have to keep contrasting one post with a million others before it on some other thread or way back some years. I don't have that sort of time or willpower to archive. You also seem to find it hard to accept how ideas evolve and subtly change over time - although, I must say, I am probably one of the most consistent in my views here (for good or bad).


It is true that I believe in logic, in consistency, in evidence and in effort as part of the process of 'understanding' - understanding what others are saying and why, having them understand what I am saying and why. Which is why when faced with someone that can and will just dismiss an Implementing Decision of the EU Council as a 'scrap of paper that has by and large been ignored' if they do not like that decision and at the same time presents third or fourth hand media reports of what an individual person in the EU may have said to a specific audience and presents that as the 'Gospel' of the EU position if it suits - that kind of thing DOES drive crazy. It drives me crazy because I believe in logic, in consistency, in evidence and in effort as part of the process of 'understanding'. To me such behaviour is not rational adult argument and discussion - to me such is just pure gamesmanship. When done with intent I despise such behaviour.

The incessant 'bashing' of entire peoples and nations you do not like for no other reason than you do not like them, the incessant use of ad hominem attacks, use of mis or out of context quoting with intent, these are just minor annoyances for me in comparison and ones that other posters exhibit as much as you or more even. The arrogance, smugness , hypocrisy, use of straw man arguments, that characterise so many of your posts are likewise minor annoyances to me and ones that we can and are all guilty of to a degree, myself included.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: But in your case, there is a fixed and bigoted idea.


You really think this is not as or more true of yourself as it is of me ?


Your mind is closed. I feel you may have grown up surrounded by people who keep telling you how great you are and now you are warped.

We're just a mix of chemicals. Everything else is a bonus.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:30 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Your mind is closed. I feel you may have grown up surrounded by people who keep telling you how great you are and now you are warped.


So I will again ignore the inevitable ad ad hominem attack and again just stick to trying to get my point across, in the (vain) hope that some 'understanding' somewhere might be increased, in you, in me in anyone.

Do you really believe that your mind is not closed in regards to your views and opinions re Turks and Turkey, or Greeks and Greece, to give one example ? Closed to a degree that at least equals mine and possibly exceeds it ? If you do really believe that can you understand why I or indeed anyone might consider otherwise based on your history of posting here on this forum ?
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Shared Management of Europe's External Borders

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Your mind is closed. I feel you may have grown up surrounded by people who keep telling you how great you are and now you are warped.


So I will again ignore the inevitable ad ad hominem attack and again just stick to trying to get my point across, in the (vain) hope that some 'understanding' somewhere might be increased, in you, in me in anyone.

Do you really believe that your mind is not closed in regards to your views and opinions re Turks and Turkey, or Greeks and Greece, to give one example ? Closed to a degree that at least equals mine and possibly exceeds it ? If you do really believe that can you understand why I or indeed anyone might consider otherwise based on your history of posting here on this forum ?


No, my mind is not closed to Turkey - I constantly evaluate news about Turkey to see how much she is strengthened or weakened by events. It oscillates. I observe.

My heart hates the fact Turkey causes so much war and criminality and destruction - but my head knows it's because there are hawks and doves.

I post my view on various matters as it clears my head and makes my eyes observe the position we face. I get annoyed by mosquitoes like you that try and silence me with their loud buzzing, threatening to sting if I don't leave.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests