The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Do you think Turkey's many atrocities (e.g. the invasion of Cyprus) are forgivable:


Note: Your vote in this poll is NOT confidential. Your username will be displayed under the option(s) you select

Yes - because they were momentary mistakes
0
No votes
 
Yes - because they were accidents
0
No votes
 
No - because they were intentional
4
100%
 
B25, GreekIslandGirl, Oceanside50, Pyrpolizer
Yes - but for other reasons (please state)
0
No votes
 
No - but for other reasons (please state)
0
No votes
 
 
Total votes : 4

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:55 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:All deliberate killings are wrong and evil and that is why I hate warmongers like Turkey.


So am I 'allowed' (by you) to hate such an act ? Because so far it seems to me that you were suggesting that I should not hate such an act ? Once hating this act should I not also then try and not let my hatred for this act become one for all people of the same 'group' as those who committed it ? That is all I have been saying and had dragged on for all these subsequent posts as you try and make out I was saying something different.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:59 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:...because these actions are wrong and evil


I could 'wax lyrical' about how absurd and narrow-minded the idea that what was done to my Uncle was not wrong, was not evil, is. There would however be no point with regards to yourself, that I can see.


All deliberate killings are wrong and evil and that is why I hate warmongers like Turkey.

Does that go for the innocent TC's killed by those yearning to gift Cyprus to Greece?
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:40 pm

...it does for me.

And i hope the next time, for you, when your rant gets a little too general, you will remember your own words.

...good question, i look forward to GIG's reply.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 pm

All deliberate killings are wrong and evil....
.. as I feel about eg the IRA, EOKA, EOKA B, TMT, Grey Wolves, etc. or were the deliberate killings they perpetrated, often on unarmed people, some how not wrong and evil - ends and means -
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:...because these actions are wrong and evil


I could 'wax lyrical' about how absurd and narrow-minded the idea that what was done to my Uncle was not wrong, was not evil, is. There would however be no point with regards to yourself, that I can see.


All deliberate killings are wrong and evil and that is why I hate warmongers like Turkey.

Does that go for the innocent TC's killed by those yearning to gift Cyprus to Greece?


I don't know of any innocent TCs being killed and you don't need to try and throw propaganda at me as I've seen enough to know it's just that.

Even TCs under the pretext of being nice professional teachers hid guns and bombs for TMT. Others colluded with the colonialists in suppressing and killing GCs and preventing our attempts to gain freedom and democracy.

GCs never went anywhere to kill Turks - GCs fought for freedom for Cyprus in Cyprus. Turkey and their warmongering imperialist Turks have no place in Cyprus and NONE are innocent if they are out to destroy Cyprus.

If mistakes were made and 'innocent TCs' were killed, then, according to erolz's story, this is forgivable.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:45 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: I don't know of any innocent TCs being killed


The hypocrisy of you claiming the above and then immediately following it with

GreekIslandGirl wrote:and you don't need to try and throw propaganda at me as I've seen enough to know it's just that.


Is epic even by your standards GiG. Your claim above is propaganda of the most extreme and blatant kind.

For the record my Uncle was not hiding guns and bombs for TMT. He was the assistant bank manager of Barclays Bank. Where do you think he was hiding these bombs ? In the vault ? Nor was he 'colluding' with anyone. It was 1964 and he was just a normal Cypriot striving to just get on with his life and provide for his family. He was continuing to go to work in a GC area, despite the explosion of inter-communal violence in Dec 63 and AGAINST all the 'orders' of the TC Leadership and TMT at the time NOT to do so. His ONLY crime was to be TC and in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was taken in broad daylight from the bank by illegal GC armed militia , murdered and his body dumped into a well. The people who did this had an objective to secure the placing of Cyprus and all Cypriots under the dominion of Greece, regardless of legality and the means they used to try (and fail) to achieve this was illegal violence and and murder and terror often carried out on entirely innocent victims. Were there TC behaving in similar ways in the pursuit of their objective at this time ? Yes there were but it does not change the truth of what happened to my uncle, who he was and who the people who murdered him were and what their actions represented. Your lies do not change reality - they just show you for the kind of person you are - you choose to be.

http://archives.cyprus-mail.com/2003/05 ... -the-past/

The realisation that the woman standing before .him was the widow of the murdered bank employee brought memories flooding back to 59-year-old Demetriou, formerly Director of Research and Publications at the House of Representatives in Nicosia.
“I remember, the murder was condemned by all the people in Famagusta at the time,” Demetriou told the Sunday Mail. “And we couldn’t go out and speak against it because we were truly afraid for our lives.”
“But no more,” he said. “Now, we have to speak out.”
“The poor man wanted the well-being of his family; he had a good job, he was a white collar worker for Barclays Bank. It was so sad to hear his wife say she didn’t want to live with Greek Cypriots.”


Who has more credibility here, in terms of who my uncle was, Mr Demetriou, formerly Director of Research and Publications at the House of Representatives in Nicosia, who actually KNEW my uncle and what happened to him, or you, posting here from your anonymity, and without the need for and indeed regardless of any evidence what so ever. For evidence is just irrelevant to you, reality is just irrelevant to you, truth is just irrelevant to you. If you say my uncle was not 'innocent' then by that by that act alone and by definition in the sick world you live in, means he was not innocent.

This then GiG is what you do here on these forums. What you have always done here on these forums. Your behaviour disgust me. Your are the Cyprus problem incarnate as far as I am concerned. The sooner Cyprus is free of people with attitudes like yours the better for all of us as far as I am concerned.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:00 pm

BirKibrisli wrote: But we had our own heroes,the TMT to save us from the big bad wolves.My father was a school teacher and the regional commander of the TMT...Our house was often used to hide guns (handguns,grenades,some rifles and a few sten guns)...I remember times where I had to go to bed surrounded by an arsenal of arms and ammunition,pretending to be asleep,while British soldiers searched our house..


If anything had happened to Bir's father, wouldn't there be some who would say, "but he was just a teacher ..." :roll: All are innocent until proven guilty - we'll leave it at that!

But, ass I said, Turkey has no place in Cyprus and to arm the TCs was to prepare the TCs to kill the GCs (which it did by the thousands) and to ethnically cleanse the north (which it did by the thousands).
Last edited by GreekIslandGirl on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
BirKibrisli wrote: But we had our own heroes,the TMT to save us from the big bad wolves.My father was a school teacher and the regional commander of the TMT...Our house was often used to hide guns (handguns,grenades,some rifles and a few sten guns)...I remember times where I had to go to bed surrounded by an arsenal of arms and ammunition,pretending to be asleep,while British soldiers searched our house..


So what ? That there were SOME TC that were both TMT commanders and also in professions like teacher, does not mean the ALL TC were.

You claimed my Uncle was not innocent. What evidence do you have for that claim ? None. You made out that not a single innocent TC was killed by GC. What evidence do you have for that claim ? None. What evidence could be provided that would stop you repeating the propaganda lie that my murdered Uncle was not innocent ? None that would mean anything to the likes of you.

The sooner Cyprus is free of people with attitudes like yours the better for all of us as far as I am concerned.

as for your 'added' "

GreekIslandGirl wrote:All are innocent until proven guilty - we'll leave it at that!"


Not for you. For you a TC that was murdered by GC is guilty by definition and regardless of any evidence presented. That is how YOU behave here. How you have always behaved here. You claimed my Uncle was 'not innocent' when you said "I don't know of any innocent TCs being killed".

Say it again GiG - say it again have just said "All are innocent until proven guilty". I DARE you to say it.
Last edited by erolz66 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
BirKibrisli wrote: But we had our own heroes,the TMT to save us from the big bad wolves.My father was a school teacher and the regional commander of the TMT...Our house was often used to hide guns (handguns,grenades,some rifles and a few sten guns)...I remember times where I had to go to bed surrounded by an arsenal of arms and ammunition,pretending to be asleep,while British soldiers searched our house..


If anything had happened to Bir's father, wouldn't there be some who would say, "but he was just a teacher ..." :roll: All are innocent until proven guilty - we'll leave it at that!

But, as I said, Turkey has no place in Cyprus and to arm the TCs was to prepare the TCs to kill the GCs (which it did by the thousands) and to ethnically cleanse the north (which it did by the thousands).


Happy? At least you have that proviso, as do the killers, no doubt.

But, we shall never know how many TCs stored guns and bombs to kill GCs - irrelevant now as they brought in the biggest guns of all .........
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Poll - And the moral of the story is ....

Postby erolz66 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:29 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Happy? At least you have that proviso, as do the killers, no doubt.


So you DO know of an innocent TC being killed then ? Yes ? You accept this ? You accept that your prior claim that "I don't know of any innocent TCs being killed" was not correct ? Yes ? Concede that (or concede that you do not apply the principal of innocent until proven guilty, when it suits you not to) and I will be 'happy'.

I do not think you will do this. I strongly suspect you are not capable of doing this.

As for the killers of my Uncle, they have never had to fear being held to account for their 'evil' and 'wrong' action of murdering my Uncle. Not then when they did it or at any time since.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests