The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 am

...like the water, it is either "Peace Water" and it is given to Cyprus and the Cypriot People, or it will be used for profit for those "Turkish" enough; in any case the so called TC will find that being "Turkish" leaves them without, and that being Cypriot requires an intention that benefits all Cypriots.

Turkey wants a part of Syria, and Iraq. Turkey wants a part of Greece. Turkey wants billions, and free travel Continent wide from the EU. And Turkey, that is to say Erdogan's Turkey (at this moment) is tarnished, found wanting.

Very soon, it is said, that Cyprus will be Free. I hope that means Freedom for Cypriots, as Cypriots. Anything else sets a bad precedent because, if Cyprus is a template, Turkey too can be divided into its parts, given that Cyprus and Turkey are equals. Turkey cannot accept two "States" in Cyprus. There is one Cyprus, as there is one Turkey; both are an ethnos, neither "Turkish", and the rest, not "Turkish". Neither Cyprus, nor Turkey have the intention to cede their Sovereignty, while in need of Constitutional reform. Cyprus though, need i remind the readership is Turkey's National issue, but for Turkey, as the Problem, the Problem would be no more. It is not hard to imagine, Erdogan choosing instant approval from the International community, or, more of the same; these are his choices.

...yet there do exist "Turks", and "Greeks", so too Turks and Greeks, and as i have said, in Cyprus it is something to think about.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:40 pm

observer wrote:Not a fully understandable reply given the situation on the ground. If 100% is your only solution that is acceptable, there won't be a solution.

Yes, definitely not the one you are dreaming for. :wink:

First we need to get rid of Turkey... then the solution will be a piece of cake, chum. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby Nikitas » Wed May 25, 2016 6:50 am

Mr H has a point re the long term plans of Turkey, it is supported by Davut's views expressed in his book Strategic Depth.

But he forgets some things. Ecevit spoke to TC politicians years ago and explained to them the reasons why a federal solution is preferable to full partition. Turkey will never accept full partition. The TCs will not accept it either because then they will be a very small drop in an ocean of 80 million Turks.

For the GCs full partition multiplies territory, since the ROC will have exclusive use of its EEZ which is about five times the size of the land area. Additionally it will have the right to sign defence agreements with any state it wants, and not rely on the dubious guarantees of Greece for security.

We have been conditioned to reject some solutions almost by reflex, without thinking. Too much dialectic and too little geopolitical thinking does that to you.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby Lordo » Sun May 29, 2016 10:17 am

kurupetos wrote:
observer wrote:Not a fully understandable reply given the situation on the ground. If 100% is your only solution that is acceptable, there won't be a solution.

Yes, definitely not the one you are dreaming for. :wink:

First we need to get rid of Turkey... then the solution will be a piece of cake, chum. :mrgreen:

i like the sound of your thinking re gumbare but your track record upto this on the matter is not good. up to this point you managed to build up a settler population of quarter of a million. so perhaps your should re-evaluate the sitition and change tact becasue everything you have said and done in the past 55 years has had the opposite effect.

step one renounce elam and all her supporters on this forum too.

now let me hear you shout it out a million times and we will get to step two.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby kurupetos » Mon May 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Lordo wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
observer wrote:Not a fully understandable reply given the situation on the ground. If 100% is your only solution that is acceptable, there won't be a solution.

Yes, definitely not the one you are dreaming for. :wink:

First we need to get rid of Turkey... then the solution will be a piece of cake, chum. :mrgreen:

i like the sound of your thinking re gumbare but your track record upto this on the matter is not good. up to this point you managed to build up a settler population of quarter of a million. so perhaps your should re-evaluate the sitition and change tact becasue everything you have said and done in the past 55 years has had the opposite effect.

step one renounce elam and all her supporters on this forum too.

now let me hear you shout it out a million times and we will get to step two.

You cannot see the change, kuz... Shame. :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby Lordo » Mon May 30, 2016 7:59 pm

have you admitted it once yet. there is only one cure for this. you have to accept that you is in the wrong. then the curity can begin. you problem is in the mind no medication necessary see.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby kurupetos » Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Lordo wrote:have you admitted it once yet. there is only one cure for this. you have to accept that you is in the wrong. then the curity can begin. you problem is in the mind no medication necessary see.

Is that why you removed your brain and took a picture of it? :shock:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby Lordo » Tue May 31, 2016 10:16 pm

what would you know what brain looks like reh pea brained tadpolic excuse for a lifeform
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Lordo wrote:what would you know what brain looks like reh pea brained tadpolic excuse for a lifeform

:lol: That would be too hard to do. I apologise... :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Why TURKEY always beats the GCs on the table?

Postby Lordo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:35 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:what would you know what brain looks like reh pea brained tadpolic excuse for a lifeform

:lol: That would be too hard to do. I apologise... :mrgreen:

you what gavole santa maria allah bana sabir versin de sen insani icgiye cekeng mavro yerimo naminisi esuni dje danderasu dje da vlandjasu.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests