The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Image

What Mission was accomplished I let all of you be the judge of.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Without some sort of index it means nothing. I assume the yellow bit is what is controlled by the Syrian government? If so, I see they have taken Aleppo? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:44 am

RH, you are deliberately being infuriating and spreading a lot of propaganda yourself.

Aleppo is still under Rebel Control. The Rebels still control many areas in Syria, including other towns and villages and on top of that, the rebels are also in Damascus controlling some suburbs such as Ghouta which was attacked with Sarin a couple of years ago.

Yes they lost territory and took a pretty bad battering, but they are still standing and holding key areas.

The Kurds are also holding many areas and if we are to color all the areas various groups hold in Syria, including Al awards groups like Al Nusra, there isn't a lot left over for Assad.

But that is the stupidity of Assad. The Rebel claims are nothing more than for the Sunnis to be treated equally as Syrians. He knows what that means though for the Baathist Party.

After 40 years of despotic rule by them, he would embark on reform and not fight these rebels so that they can all unify and fight ISIL together.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:27 am

Sorry to counter your accusation but I don't do propaganda! I just say it as it is or as it appears to be, from the evidence available. :roll:

If what you say about Assad has any truth in it, why do the West fear so much the idea of Assad standing for office in a free and fair election? Maybe 'they' know more than you do? :?:

Why do you always resort to insults and ridiculing against people you have some issue with. Do you think calling 'Putin' by the derogatory term 'Pootin' creates a perception that enhances your view of him? It just makes you look rather petty and someone not to be taken too seriously. :roll:

Can you post a link to a statement by Putin where he has declared some sort of victory by using the term 'Mission Accomplished' '? I believe he said he had completed the tasks they set down the first day they took on the Syrian challenge, he said nothing about defeating Daesh or bringing the war to an end ...... he simply said he would help Assad to rid his country of terrorists by putting him in a position to fight his own battle and get the opposing sides to negotiations. He has clearly succeeded in both those tasks.

Your denigration of both Putin and Russia's success in completing these aims is just sour grapes, because after three years of airstrikes the US coalition has nothing to show for their costly actions. Considering there was no ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh in 2012/13 I am surprised that with all the coalition 'expertise' available to them, Daesh have not all run into Syria from Iraq ..... it seems it is actually the other way round. This is why 'you' are stuck in Raqqa and Assad is stuck in Aleppo. In both cases the destruction of Daesh is just one carpet bombing campaign away ........ but it cannot be done without killing civilians.. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:03 am

Robin Hood wrote:Sorry to counter your accusation but I don't do propaganda! I just say it as it is or as it appears to be, from the evidence available. :roll:


And how does it happen to be? You got taken for a ride, just like the rest of the world.

Robin Hood wrote:If what you say about Assad has any truth in it, why do the West fear so much the idea of Assad standing for office in a free and fair election? Maybe 'they' know more than you do? :?:


It's not that the West don't want him so much. We would have been happy for Assad to maintain his rule until his death where he hands over the throne to his next generation. But that is not what the Syrians want and they can't be expected to live under his rule now like it or lump it. The Baathist Party will be free to field candidates.

Robin Hood wrote:Why do you always resort to insults and ridiculing against people you have some issue with. Do you think calling 'Putin' by the derogatory term 'Pootin' creates a perception that enhances your view of him? It just makes you look rather petty and someone not to be taken too seriously. :roll:


Because Pootin is an insult. You got taken by one of the most clever weazels in history. I saw it coming from day 1. It's not my view. I judge him by his actions and where do we begin?

Robin Hood wrote:Can you post a link to a statement by Putin where he has declared some sort of victory by using the term 'Mission Accomplished' '? I believe he said he had completed the tasks they set down the first day they took on the Syrian challenge, he said nothing about defeating Daesh or bringing the war to an end ...... he simply said he would help Assad to rid his country of terrorists by putting him in a position to fight his own battle and get the opposing sides to negotiations. He has clearly succeeded in both those tasks.


What was the task he set himself? Everything is still hanging in the balance still to this day. Assad's future remains uncertain.

But that wasn't Pootin's objective at least not how I see it. Pootin did achieve his objective I believe so it is Mission Accomplished for him but not the way you see it. And he was also a fool too, because he acted out of fear for his bases, but the West had no intention of removing them ever. It was you that actually claimed "Mission Accomplished" and I still don't know what you mean by it.

Robin Hood wrote:Your denigration of both Putin and Russia's success in completing these aims is just sour grapes, because after three years of airstrikes the US coalition has nothing to show for their costly actions. Considering there was no ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh in 2012/13 I am surprised that with all the coalition 'expertise' available to them, Daesh have not all run into Syria from Iraq ..... it seems it is actually the other way round. This is why 'you' are stuck in Raqqa and Assad is stuck in Aleppo. In both cases the destruction of Daesh is just one carpet bombing campaign away ........ but it cannot be done without killing civilians.. :roll:


I don't denigrate Russia. I actually feel very sorry for the Russian People and Russia and there are many Russians who feel very sorry for themselves too. Those 80% election results are not that solid, when there are hundreds of Journalists in jail.

We have plenty to show for our intervention in Iraq and also Syria but more-so in Iraq. DAESH have lost territory, but we don't have to do it in 5 months. We can do it in 5 years because first we need to cut off their recruitment, their funding and their infrastructure otherwise you're pissing into wind. Furthermore, our planes actually fly over DAESH terrorists over the suburbs of Raqa and Mosul every day. We do not release our weapons because we do not commit war crimes against innocent civilians. The day we start doing that is the day DAESH will be able to recruit more Jihadists because of the rightful anger against the West for killing their babies.

Just go down to Akrotiri and count all the planes that depart and count them as they arrive with all their weapons. The Russians NEVER returned back to their base with any weapons. We have standards. Not to mention the fact that we actually have allies in Raqa and in Islamic State Held territories. Just ordinary people who feed us information through various avenues including Social Media.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:30 pm

The "Institute for the Study of War" is some Zionist-owned organization. :lol:

Try using some more credible sources... :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:13 pm

kurupetos wrote:The "Institute for the Study of War" is some Zionist-owned organization. :lol:

Try using some more credible sources... :roll:


There is no affiliation to Israel at all.

And even if it does, they didn't just construct that map from thin air. And there are many sources like this one:

Image

The grey areas is what ISIL are in control of as of a week ago. The Red Areas are what they have lost since 15Jan2015 - due to Kurdish Rebels mainly and Coalition Air Strikes.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:18 pm

"The Washington Post" :shock: Seriously, koala?

Martin Baron is one of the biggest Zionist scumbags in the planet... wake up! :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 pm

kurupetos wrote:"The Washington Post" :shock: Seriously, koala?

Martin Baron is one of the biggest Zionist scumbags in the planet... wake up! :roll:


Yes seriously.

Well I am sorry but I can't help you if everyone is a Zionist, but that is where ISIL is at after Russia's departure.

I don't have any issue with any Zionists or Israelis generally. They are like anyone else. I also don't have any issue with Palestinians or Arabs whether Sunni or Shia.

I got no axe to grind with anyone.

I would be a lot more worried about Islamic State if I were you.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Pootin declares "Mission Accomplished"!

Postby Lordo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:43 pm

this is as hollow as the statement by bush about the war being over in iraq. this will go on till the yanks pull out of the arab lands properly.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests