The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


What’s your opinion of these…

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Get Real! » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:31 pm

These are CSS “flowers” with the aim of adorning suitable girly cum gay-ish websites and they come in almost any size, color and style you want.

Now, if you saw one or more of these “flowers” on a… say suitable website, what would you think of them?

Do you consider them cute, crappy, pathetic, interesting, or what?

Honest answers please. Ta!

Click on the image to enlarge...
flowers.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40524
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby yialousa1971 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:19 am

If you were a three year old I would say well done! :mrgreen:
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Sotos » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 am

Maybe they would be fitting for a website selling LSD ;) What CSS properties do you use to create them... whats the browser support? Or are they output as a raster image? I think that apart from simple shapes CSS is not meant for these sort of things. SVG would be a more appropriate format.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10703
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Get Real! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:23 am

yialousa1971 wrote:If you were a three year old I would say well done! :mrgreen:

:lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40524
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Get Real! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 am

Sotos wrote:Maybe they would be fitting for a website selling LSD ;) What CSS properties do you use to create them... whats the browser support? Or are they output as a raster image? I think that apart from simple shapes CSS is not meant for these sort of things. SVG would be a more appropriate format.

Browser support covers all the modern browsers because you’re looking at two polygons… one for the flower and one for the stem.

Do you think it’s worth writing a generator for these so that people (well girls I suppose) would want to create such an adornment or is it crappy?

With polygons you can do almost anything in CSS but you need a good polygon designer. My current (1/16th) isn’t as detailed as I’d like so I may write another… maybe a 1/32 or 1/64 even!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40524
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby kurupetos » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:31 am

Can you do this:

Image
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Get Real! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 am

I can come close with a one-off Kurupet, but it would be big and complex and thus useless for my generators.
I need to create things that are cute *and* easy to create and easily understood by users.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40524
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Sotos » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:32 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Maybe they would be fitting for a website selling LSD ;) What CSS properties do you use to create them... whats the browser support? Or are they output as a raster image? I think that apart from simple shapes CSS is not meant for these sort of things. SVG would be a more appropriate format.

Browser support covers all the modern browsers because you’re looking at two polygons… one for the flower and one for the stem.

Do you think it’s worth writing a generator for these so that people (well girls I suppose) would want to create such an adornment or is it crappy?

With polygons you can do almost anything in CSS but you need a good polygon designer. My current (1/16th) isn’t as detailed as I’d like so I may write another… maybe a 1/32 or 1/64 even!


When you say "polygon" do you mean with clip-path? IE and Firefox do not support that right now. Depending on how your generator works it could be useful from an educational perspective... to see how different values affect the result. But I don't see much use for practical purposes. If that "flower generator" was part of a smartphone app (maybe a keyboard app) so unique psychedelic flowers could be send like emoticons ... then maybe people would use it even if the flowers are weird. (and if those weird flowers became hugely popular THEN maybe somebody would be interested to add them to their website as well... not because they are pretty but because they are part of the pop culture ;) )
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10703
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby Get Real! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:30 am

Sotos wrote:When you say "polygon" do you mean with clip-path? IE and Firefox do not support that right now.

Polygons in Firefox...

1. You gotta use numbers without the "px" and no moz prefix:

clip-path: polygon(50 100,100 35,0 0,200 60);

2. You then...

clip-path: url('#clipmask');

And the points (clipmask) defined...

<svg width="0" height="0">
<clipPath id="clipmask">
<polygon points="50 100,100 35,0 0,200 60">
</polygon></clipPath></svg>


I know it's a fucking mess... it's no wonder they now have a like 5% of the browser market share! :lol:

Here's hoping they fold by the end of the year! :wink:

... Depending on how your generator works it could be useful from an educational perspective... to see how different values affect the result. But I don't see much use for practical purposes. If that "flower generator" was part of a smartphone app (maybe a keyboard app) so unique psychedelic flowers could be send like emoticons ... then maybe people would use it even if the flowers are weird. (and if those weird flowers became hugely popular THEN maybe somebody would be interested to add them to their website as well... not because they are pretty but because they are part of the pop culture ;) )

Thanks for the feedback. :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40524
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What’s your opinion of these…

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:00 pm

The flower centres have a strobe-like effect as I scan down the page. They twirl and seem to pop out at you and then go back and that makes my eyes feel funny. :shock:

Bit hypnotic?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests