The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby kurupetos » Mon May 30, 2016 1:32 pm

yialousa1971 wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
yialousa1971 wrote:Wireless browser :D

Bantam Browser :mrgreen:


Good one. :D

:mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:59 pm

... "Better" browser; close to Bequer (which i was beginning to like).
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby kurupetos » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:48 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:... "Better" browser; close to Bequer (which i was beginning to like).

If you don't like Bantam Browser try Biddy Browser. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby T_C » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:54 am

Hey GR!!!

Could you not use your skills to make a program and accompanying mobile app for the waterrower? It's a rowing machine with a time/distance tracking monitor which is capable of connecting to a laptop.

There's another rowing machine used predominantly in gyms (Concept) which is similar only with a massive user base, apps, online racing etc.

There's a lot of people with a waterrower but the software on offer is pitiful. Practically non-existent!

It might be worth looking into it as there's definitely a gaping hole in the market.

Hope all is well by the way... :)
User avatar
T_C
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 am
Location: London

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:03 am

he has to learn how to poke his eye out first, once he creates that app he will be able to create your app too. assuming he can get by 1571 which he is stuck on at the moment.

wake up gr wake up time to get up.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:02 pm

T_C wrote:Hey GR!!!

Could you not use your skills to make a program and accompanying mobile app for the waterrower? It's a rowing machine with a time/distance tracking monitor which is capable of connecting to a laptop.

There's another rowing machine used predominantly in gyms (Concept) which is similar only with a massive user base, apps, online racing etc.

There's a lot of people with a waterrower but the software on offer is pitiful. Practically non-existent!

It might be worth looking into it as there's definitely a gaping hole in the market.

Hope all is well by the way... :)

Greetings Levent, :)

To write software for one of these things (well for any old gadget for that matter) a programmer would need to (1) have access to such a device and (2) an interest in the hobby/sport.

I have neither… :lol:

Your best bet is to look in rowing forums for an enthusiast who also has programming skills.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Lordo wrote:he has to learn how to poke his eye out first, once he creates that app he will be able to create your app too. assuming he can get by 1571 which he is stuck on at the moment.

wake up gr wake up time to get up.

Ask the native American Indians when their problem began or ask the native aborigines of Australia when their problem began.

They’ll all give you the date the invader landed.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:13 pm

this does not apply to kibris gavole. the english that landed in america and australia are thousands of miles away. kibris on the other hand is touching distance form terggy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Lordo wrote:this does not apply to kibris gavole. the english that landed in america and australia are thousands of miles away. kibris on the other hand is touching distance form terggy.

It was a long way from Mongolia, Vordo.

You should consider yourselves lucky, because you can travel by plane these days... :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Posting from *my* browser… the Bequer Browser!

Postby Get Real! » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:11 pm

The image below may look like a child’s Ms Paint drawing but it’s actually a screenshot of a very accurate computer generated representation of the countries of the world by area including the area of the entire planet itself in white.

In other words, if it were possible to flatten the Earth like a piece of paper and make countries square this is how they would look next to each other in terms of size.

The only erroneous part is the inaccuracy of the positioning of the squares (countries) which is a latitude/longitude table I pinched off the Internet which I converted to screen coordinates with trigonometry.

Some of the figures from this table were for a country’s center while others were for the left side and then some were for the capitals and hence all the positioning inaccuracies but it doesn’t look too bad.

Anyway, I did this because I got pretty annoyed at the inaccuracies of maps which this article explains rather well if you’re interested…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -data.html

That’s it boys & girls!

world.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests