The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby Paphitis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Tim, why don't you just marry a Cypriot? :)

(That's what those two above did and they are sooooo happy and fulfilled! :D )


Poor buggers!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Lordo wrote:tim what you want to become a citizen of groc for. i can pull a few strings, speak to the old muhtar barbaros and we'll have you a citizen of the north in a couple of weeks. just say the word. you can live in my place in north lefkosa not in that far flung outpost in the antarctic.

Turkish Cypriot passport dispenser

20160406_173633.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Zenon33 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Tim, why don't you just marry a Cypriot? :)

(That's what those two above did and they are sooooo happy and fulfilled! :D )




Good point :D

Our women are so sweet and lovely.


Yes, if you like your women hairy and extra large. As a bonus you get a huge nose too :lol:

I just bumped into this :lol: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/austra ... R1A504PUBB
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby kurupetos » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:15 am

Lordo wrote:tim what you want to become a citizen of groc for. i can pull a few strings, speak to the old muhtar barbaros and we'll have you a citizen of the north in a couple of weeks. just say the word. you can live in my place in north lefkosa not in that far flung outpost in the antarctic.

Rekse bodji rah patchaourah.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby Lordo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:43 am

bgos en bu sindihannis reh balyo yerozmenoshilla.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:15 am

kurupetos wrote:Rekse bodji rah patchaourah.


I hear that word 'bodji' in almost every second or third sentence of spoken Cypriot Greek and I have never been able to work out what it means. Would anybody care to put me out of my misery?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby CBBB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rekse bodji rah patchaourah.


I hear that word 'bodji' in almost every second or third sentence of spoken Cypriot Greek and I have never been able to work out what it means. Would anybody care to put me out of my misery?


Roughly "over there".
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:31 am

CBBB wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rekse bodji rah patchaourah.


I hear that word 'bodji' in almost every second or third sentence of spoken Cypriot Greek and I have never been able to work out what it means. Would anybody care to put me out of my misery?


Roughly "over there".


In that case, how does it differ from "djame"?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby B25 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:43 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
CBBB wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Rekse bodji rah patchaourah.


I hear that word 'bodji' in almost every second or third sentence of spoken Cypriot Greek and I have never been able to work out what it means. Would anybody care to put me out of my misery?


Roughly "over there".


In that case, how does it differ from "djame"?


Djame is more like 'There' or 'By there' In thr non cypriot it'll be Ekei

bodji is as already stated loosely 'Over There'. Non Cypriot Apo Ekei.


HTH
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Acquiring Cypriot citizenship

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks for the explanations.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests