The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Ethiopia and marriage...

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Paphitis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Cap wrote:I like Erolz.
He's one of the very few whose actually made me think long and hard, without being an asshole.


No offense Cap, but at your age (you aren't a teenager) you should have already thought of certain things long time ago... because lets face it, you are a bit of a racist when it comes to black people ;) Sorry if I am bit of an asshole to you :P


Everyone is a racist. You are too.

We simply can't help it and it is a natural. We think our own kind are better, and we all have a tendency to look down upon others. Those who deny it, are not being truthful.


There can be better or worst societies not better and worst races. I don't think our race is any better than any other and as a society we are above average but not near the top.

IMO, our society has its imperfections, but societies in North Europe, USA, etc. are no better... :wink:


I disagree.

Societies in Northern and Western Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ are vastly superior to society in Cyprus, Greece, and other parts of Europe. No contest.

Firstly, these societies are completely pluralist, multicultural and as a result have built huge economies and developed cutting edge technologies. Cities are clean, structured, and living standards are high, with great education opportunities, universal health, opportunity, cohesion, interesting gastronomy, and culture.

These countries have progressed so far, because of their multiculturalism which feeds the economy and builds it from the ground up. Whilst some in Europe talk about migrants taking away jobs, we know that migrants actually do the opposite and have created jobs and development and we have prospered as a result of it.

But these countries are experts by now on how to do it properly, after many fumbles, hiccups and even very bad racism at times in the past. I don't suggest Cyprus even try because it will fail or have huge problems which will be difficult for it to overcome. You will lose your identity probably.

But we have developed a rather unique identity and actually embraced it and it has worked and nobody can deny it. And life is far more interesting as a result of it because there are interesting people from all backgrounds and cultures and quite often people from other backgrounds bring many things to our country which we learn from and it adds to the colour and vibrancy.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Paphitis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Sotos wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Cap wrote:I like Erolz.
He's one of the very few whose actually made me think long and hard, without being an asshole.


No offense Cap, but at your age (you aren't a teenager) you should have already thought of certain things long time ago... because lets face it, you are a bit of a racist when it comes to black people ;) Sorry if I am bit of an asshole to you :P


Everyone is a racist. You are too.

We simply can't help it and it is a natural. We think our own kind are better, and we all have a tendency to look down upon others. Those who deny it, are not being truthful.


There can be better or worst societies not better and worst races. I don't think our race is any better than any other and as a society we are above average but not near the top.


No races are better. Yes, very true and you are at the non racist end of the scale for sure.

But we are all racist to some extent.

For instance, I will try and give you an example. Would you be happy if your Son or daughter wanted to marry a Lebanese, Turk, Orthodox Jew, Chinese, Arab or Ethiopian?

I ask myself that question, and continuously I fail the test. I might even lose it myself.

I would be happy if my Son or daughter wanted to marry a Cypriot, Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, English, German, American, Canadian, Kiwi and a few others, even though there are people within these groups which are bad people.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Sotos » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Cap wrote:I like Erolz.
He's one of the very few whose actually made me think long and hard, without being an asshole.


No offense Cap, but at your age (you aren't a teenager) you should have already thought of certain things long time ago... because lets face it, you are a bit of a racist when it comes to black people ;) Sorry if I am bit of an asshole to you :P


Everyone is a racist. You are too.

We simply can't help it and it is a natural. We think our own kind are better, and we all have a tendency to look down upon others. Those who deny it, are not being truthful.


There can be better or worst societies not better and worst races. I don't think our race is any better than any other and as a society we are above average but not near the top.


No races are better. Yes, very true and you are at the non racist end of the scale for sure.

But we are all racist to some extent.

For instance, I will try and give you an example. Would you be happy if your Son or daughter wanted to marry a Lebanese, Turk, Orthodox Jew, Chinese, Arab or Ethiopian?

I ask myself that question, and continuously I fail the test. I might even lose it myself.

I would be happy if my Son or daughter wanted to marry a Cypriot, Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, English, German, American, Canadian, Kiwi and a few others, even though there are people within these groups which are bad people.


I see what you are saying. The Turks are a special case because we are at war with them. "Orthodox Jews" are not a race, but a religious group... I wouldn't want my child to marry a religious fanatic of any religion. About some of the others I might still have reservations but not because I think that our race is better than theirs but because we have very different cultures. I think it is already hard enough for people to compromise their own characters to stay married. If they are of very different cultures then it becomes even more difficult. But personally I am a bit of a control freak... I probably wouldn't "approve" 99% of Cypriots for my son / daughter either!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby kurupetos » Sun May 01, 2016 5:58 pm

miltiades wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
miltiades wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
miltiades wrote:I'm not a racist, how can I be, my late wife was English, my new wife is Belarusian , of course I'm a Cypriot.
I'm also a " culturalst" I consider our western culture much preferable to those cultures that I find alien and medieval .

Multiculturalism is not possible, because only one culture exists... the Greek one. :wink:

Wrong mate!! Only one culture, touti pou exoumen emis i Pafites :lol:

Paphos will be cultural capital of sh*t... following the recent scandals... :lol:
:lol:
Re file, san tin Pafo den exei, skanthala iparhoune pantou. Min xehnas oti to Meyalo Stroumbi proorizete na yini I ....protevousa tis ... Kiprou :lol:

Jokes aside, I consider Cyprus as the jewel or rather the halloumi of the planet. Cyprus, the Paradise Island, where soon I shall move permanently !!! :D :D

You've been repeating this, since you joined the forum a decade ago. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby kurupetos » Sun May 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Paphitis wrote:I disagree.

Societies in Northern and Western Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ are vastly superior to society in Cyprus, Greece, and other parts of Europe. No contest.

Firstly, these societies are completely pluralist, multicultural and as a result have built huge economies and developed cutting edge technologies. Cities are clean, structured, and living standards are high, with great education opportunities, universal health, opportunity, cohesion, interesting gastronomy, and culture.

These countries have progressed so far, because of their multiculturalism which feeds the economy and builds it from the ground up. Whilst some in Europe talk about migrants taking away jobs, we know that migrants actually do the opposite and have created jobs and development and we have prospered as a result of it.

But these countries are experts by now on how to do it properly, after many fumbles, hiccups and even very bad racism at times in the past. I don't suggest Cyprus even try because it will fail or have huge problems which will be difficult for it to overcome. You will lose your identity probably.

But we have developed a rather unique identity and actually embraced it and it has worked and nobody can deny it. And life is far more interesting as a result of it because there are interesting people from all backgrounds and cultures and quite often people from other backgrounds bring many things to our country which we learn from and it adds to the colour and vibrancy.


Not the 'multicultural' BS again. :roll:

In the US, only one culture exists... don't confuse multiracialism with multiculturalism, koala. :wink:

Huge economy and people's welfare are two completely different things... You will see no beggars in Cyprus, but in shitty places, like UK & US, you will thousands of them.

I piss on these stupid hypocritical, Zionist-controlled societies! :x
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Paphitis wrote:I disagree.

Societies in Northern and Western Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ are vastly superior to society in Cyprus, Greece, and other parts of Europe. No contest.

Firstly, these societies are completely pluralist, multicultural and as a result have built huge economies and developed cutting edge technologies. Cities are clean, structured, and living standards are high, with great education opportunities, universal health, opportunity, cohesion, interesting gastronomy, and culture.

These countries have progressed so far, because of their multiculturalism which feeds the economy and builds it from the ground up. Whilst some in Europe talk about migrants taking away jobs, we know that migrants actually do the opposite and have created jobs and development and we have prospered as a result of it.

But these countries are experts by now on how to do it properly, after many fumbles, hiccups and even very bad racism at times in the past. I don't suggest Cyprus even try because it will fail or have huge problems which will be difficult for it to overcome. You will lose your identity probably.

But we have developed a rather unique identity and actually embraced it and it has worked and nobody can deny it. And life is far more interesting as a result of it because there are interesting people from all backgrounds and cultures and quite often people from other backgrounds bring many things to our country which we learn from and it adds to the colour and vibrancy.


Not the 'multicultural' BS again. :roll:

In the US, only one culture exists... don't confuse multiracialism with multiculturalism, koala. :wink:

Huge economy and people's welfare are two completely different things... You will see no beggars in Cyprus, but in shitty places, like UK & US, you will thousands of them.

I piss on these stupid hypocritical, Zionist-controlled societies! :x


Multiculturism is no bullshit and the proof is in the pudding.

In Cyprus you have everyone going from one day to the next. The new world is at the cutting edge mate because of it, there is no denying it. In Cyprus you have shit hospitals, shit schools, no opportunity, third world cities that look exactly like Beirut and not much of a future other than tourism.

And yes, there are plenty of beggars in Cyprus. Lots who are at their wits end.

Now go and compare Limassol with Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, San Francisco, LA, Chicago, New York, Toronto or Vancouver in terms of quality of life, convenience, opportunity, societal cohesion and integration, opportunity and health and work it out for yourself.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby miltiades » Mon May 02, 2016 5:17 am

[/quote] :lol:
Re file, san tin Pafo den exei, skanthala iparhoune pantou. Min xehnas oti to Meyalo Stroumbi proorizete na yini I ....protevousa tis ... Kiprou :lol:

Jokes aside, I consider Cyprus as the jewel or rather the halloumi of the planet. Cyprus, the Paradise Island, where soon I shall move permanently !!! :D :D[/quote]
You've been repeating this, since you joined the forum a decade ago. :lol:[/quote]

And will be repeating this until my last breath. It comes deep from the heart, as they say you can take a Cypriot out of Cyprus but you can not take Cyprus out of a Cypriot.

Perhaps you can ...buy me a drink when I'm in Cyprus, you can bring along your mate if you wish, :lol: GR :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16318
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Paphitis » Mon May 02, 2016 12:09 pm

I might move to Cyprus OR Greece when I am old and retired and want a nice quiet life.

But let's not exagaerate! Cyprus or Greece are no Paradise, or offer anyone with ambition great potential. The lifestyle is no way better than Western Europe, Canada, USA, Australia or NZ.

Put things into perspective. If Cyprus was better, then I would return now and bring my family. It's not, so there is no way I will return and raise my family in Cyprus or Greece because it's just not on. Sure, I will visit Cyprus and Greece for regular holidays, but I also like Thailand just as much and many other places.

And society in Cyprus is not better either. In fact it is a lot worse in many aspects.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby miltiades » Mon May 02, 2016 4:51 pm

mate, you are so wrong. I have lived in the UK for more than half a century. Comparing Cyprus to the UK, Australia too, its like comparing halloumi on the bbq and a plate of shit !
By the way, there are no beggars in Cyprus, the hospitals are superb and the Cypriots are far more civilized than the so called Brits, Ausies and other such.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16318
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Ethiopia and marriage...

Postby Paphitis » Mon May 02, 2016 5:48 pm

miltiades wrote:mate, you are so wrong. I have lived in the UK for more than half a century. Comparing Cyprus to the UK, Australia too, its like comparing halloumi on the bbq and a plate of shit !
By the way, there are no beggars in Cyprus, the hospitals are superb and the Cypriots are far more civilized than the so called Brits, Ausies and other such.


Yes and Cyprus would be the plate of shit in this case. At least it would be if you're putting it up against Australia, USA, Canada and NZ.

No I am not joking. Life in Cyprus just doesn't cut the mustard when compared to life in many countries,especially Australia. let's say you were living in Sydney, melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide etc. Why on earth would you want to move to Limassol for instance? there is just too many things to do and there is never a dull moment for a start. Best night life, food, wine, cleaner cities and lifestyle living and the best beaches to boot plus the women are better as in they are more free and liberal and don't have any "issues". Transportation is better and so many easy living conveniences many take for granted. Better roads, architecture, parks, amusement parks, pubs, bars, restaurants, sport all over in huge coloseums, great universities and near zero unemployment.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to live in a Cypriot village for a while, in the Paphos area around Akamas. But as a young person, how long do you think you could do it without being bored out of your mind or before you go insane? You would be on a flight out of Cyprus quick smart.

It's not exactly what a smart person would do. they wouldn't leave Australia for Cyprus unless they just wanted a very quiet and lazy life. If you were smart, you would be leaving Cyprus. I'm pretty sure most Cypriots would jump at the chance of getting an Australian, Kiwi, Canadian or American passport. problem is, unless you have a claim to fame or a lot of money or about to cure cancer, they won't hand out any Green cards let alone citizenship.

And no, Cypriots are not more civilized at all. I would say the average Cypriot is pretty simplistic except those that have actually educated themselves in the UK, Australia or USA. Not many of them actually want to return which is hardly surprising. They are great people sure, as are Australians and Americans and most other nationalities, but I wouldn't be saying Cypriots are better because that is laughable.

Like I said, if Cyprus offered a better way of living, I would be over in a flash but as it stands, that is not the case.

And yes there are plenty of beggars in Cyprus. I've seen them. So many illegal immigrants. In Kato Paphos, it's spot the Cypriot. The same with central Nicosia (walled area) and Larnaca.

Let's not be deluded now!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests