The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri May 06, 2016 8:52 pm

...we are Greek by the very nature of the population. As a representation it is significant. This is a fact.

We are not "Greeks", or "Turks", although some of us are (politically speaking). We are Cypriots, equally important to each other, as Cypriots, whether, as Persons, we can identify ourselves as, Maronite, Armenian, Latin, Greek, or Turkish.

...as Cypriots, (like in the rest of the world) English is the working language, as witnessed here, in the Cyprus Forum; something to think about.

...indeed, if there is one Cyprus, there is no need for it to be "Greek", or "Turkish" (more accurately; not "Turkish"(read:"Greek"), or "Turkish"), because as Individuals, we are Cypriot. (this is Freedom)

...indeed, at another level of government, as Individuals, we may choose to sustain, recognise, and respect, an ethnos which is Cypriot, as Persons, by our own choosing. (this is Liberty)

...and if there existed Cypriot Constituencies, (as territorial Jurisdictions) they could help in sustaining the distinct identities unique to them, while as a People we would all enjoy in it as our Heritance.

While there exists no Greek Constituency, while in effect there is no desire for a Greek Constituency, it does not exclude the possibility, within a set of Cypriot Constituencies, for a Turkish Constituency to demonstrate the benefits (of self-representation as Persons) to other Cypriots having a different National identity, and who have the same struggle in sustaining their respective communities. In the broadest sense, the difficulties in Cyprus, are the difficulties that are faced by all Mankind. Allow me to remind you, that the ethnosphere, is diminishing at a faster rate than our ecosphere. It will not be long, never mind the Arabic our Maronite's speak, Greek itself may face extinction soon. Frankly, i am hoping Cyprus may lead in making this plight, less. And, while we may learn and adapt, to preserve this diversity, i believe that Turkey has a lot to gain from the Cyprus Problem, what with the demands she makes of those not "Turkish", in Cyprus, and at home.

What is the Turkish regime in the occupied north, offers nothing to Cypriots, because it is not Cypriot, as it only demonstrates an interest in "Turkish" affairs. It is nothing more than an extension of the Turkish Army (and as it has proved over all these years, it has no life of its own). The same intransigence which makes the Cyprus Problem so enduring, may soon become the 'Turkish Problem' what with the efforts in Turkey to divide the population very similarly, between those "Turkish", and those Turkish but not "Turkish". Cyprus in effect, affects 90 million people; as a template, what is good, for "Turks", in one country, determines what is good for, not "Turks", in their own.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby Oceanside50 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:06 am

RW...I've known you for a long time and I love you like a brother but if anyone with epelipsy and reading what you posted above would fall into seizure bang their skull against a wall until it cracked in two
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 07, 2016 7:43 am

...dry, i like to keep my writing dry.

kalo paska file, i hope yours was a good one.

cheers!
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby kurupetos » Sat May 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Lordo wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Erwinski wrote:Hi all

I'm Erwin, a student of journalism from the Netherslands, based in Ghent, Belgium. I'm now on Cyprus to write my thesis on the Cyprus Problem and the ongoing unification talks. I've been reading some topics here and I see there's a lot of different viewponts, opinions and perspectives around on this forum, which makes it a very interesting pool of people to me.

Therefore I'm interested in people from both sides that have (or know someone who has) any (personal) stories on this matter. Either by being or having been in the army (I would be very interested in personal stories from '74 too), by being into an intercultural relationship or marriage between a Greek- and Turkish-Cypriot, by being part of on (un)official organisation that is somehow involved with this issue, by being affected by the property issie, by having a strong and clear opinion on the matter (nationalistic views from both sides are very welcome too, for example) of by being in any other way involved.

I'm very interested in speaking with you, preferrably in person. Any reaction or tip is welcome tho, either in this topic, by PM, by e-mail ( [email protected] ) or by phone: +357-99-027236

Thanks in advance :)

Erwin

I'm Greek Cypriot and I have a TC cousin. Is this of interest to you? :mrgreen:

you little liar yiur bums on fiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrre re gounomavroguvello

dont you believe him young man. he is no gc, he is furquine greak stray bitch and she has no tc cousin either. the only cousin she has is a stray mongrel lesbian bitch of which she follows around bus she aint interested. both bitch is after a real dog not a pretend swine, like kurubetrashillagoullagimu

Try to be more friendly, kuz. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby kurupetos » Sat May 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Erwinski wrote:I'm basically just interested in the story itself, I'm not looking for something positive or negative, just for realities.

I was joking... I don't have a TC cousin... but it's a fact that there are some GCs & TCs which are related by blood...

The reality is that the Cyprus problem is not an intercommunal issue, but a problem of invasion and occupation. It will only end, when European countries (like yours) will put some serious pressure on Turkey to withdraw her troops from Cyprus.

Until then no progress can happen... :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby kurupetos » Sat May 07, 2016 4:25 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:RW...I've known you for a long time and I love you like a brother but if anyone with epelipsy and reading what you posted above would fall into seizure bang their skull against a wall until it cracked in two

It's his manishesto. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 07, 2016 6:00 pm

...machine washable, as i've discovered, soft too, since i have wiped kuru's ass with it several times.

...clean, soft, and dry; i like that.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby kurupetos » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...machine washable, as i've discovered, soft too, since i have wiped kuru's ass with it several times.

...clean, soft, and dry; i like that.

You could make millions if you would put it on the market, RW. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby Oceanside50 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Erwinski wrote:Hi all

I'm Erwin, a student of journalism from the Netherslands, based in Ghent, Belgium. I'm now on Cyprus to write my thesis on the Cyprus Problem and the ongoing unification talks. I've been reading some topics here and I see there's a lot of different viewponts, opinions and perspectives around on this forum, which makes it a very interesting pool of people to me.

Therefore I'm interested in people from both sides that have (or know someone who has) any (personal) stories on this matter. Either by being or having been in the army (I would be very interested in personal stories from '74 too), by being into an intercultural relationship or marriage between a Greek- and Turkish-Cypriot, by being part of on (un)official organisation that is somehow involved with this issue, by being affected by the property issie, by having a strong and clear opinion on the matter (nationalistic views from both sides are very welcome too, for example) of by being in any other way involved.

I'm very interested in speaking with you, preferrably in person. Any reaction or tip is welcome tho, either in this topic, by PM, by e-mail ( [email protected] ) or by phone: +357-99-027236

Thanks in advance :)

Erwin


You seem clueless about the Cyprus problem, since your questions are usually asked by a novice to the situation
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Writing my thesis on the Cyprus Problem

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu May 12, 2016 11:51 am

kurupetos wrote:
Erwinski wrote:I'm basically just interested in the story itself, I'm not looking for something positive or negative, just for realities.

I was joking... I don't have a TC cousin... but it's a fact that there are some GCs & TCs which are related by blood...

The reality is that the Cyprus problem is not an intercommunal issue, but a problem of invasion and occupation. It will only end, when European countries (like yours) will put some serious pressure on Turkey to withdraw her troops from Cyprus.

Until then no progress can happen... :wink:


You are likely to find if you dig deep enough you do have Turkish speaking Cypriot relatives.....it is otherwise true that the Turkish Invasion was more connected with regional geopolitics and Turkish fears of revival of the Megalistic aims of than inter-communal issues, those just providing an excuse when the idiots in the Greek Junta chose to upset the apple cart with what Big Mak characterized as in Invasion by Greece in his speech to the UN.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests