The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Brexit ..... The Movie

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Tim Drayton » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:19 am

Paul ZKTV wrote:
Paphitis wrote:The Vikings will be next. Denmark will continue what Britain started!

Go the Vikings! I want Thor's thunderbolt destroy the EU Parliament!



is this robin hood ,when he dont take his meds ???

Holland is in the EU .im not sure about the planet you are on ...


Given the prevalence of sockpuppets on this forum, your suspicion is well placed. However, I can assure you that Paphitis is one of the old regulars here and is in full possession of his marbles. In fact, even if we have crossed swords on many occasions (but not always), I have no hesitation in declaring him to be a dinky-di Aussie guy, which I understand is a compliment down under.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Paphitis » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:07 pm

What I don't understand is why MKTV on the one hand is concerned for Britain because he feels it is a big mistake, whilst on the other hand express so much vile and negativity and even wish its demise and then say told you so.

This move by Britain is brave and it is VERY important for the sake of all EU members including Cyprus and Greece.

When they pull it off and see that things are not so bad and that in fact Britain has continued to thrive, it will give the rest of the EU hope and the knowledge that they can one day follow in Britains steps towards salvation.

This is necessary because should Greece and Cyprus fail economically once again, they can pull the plug and regain control. At the moment so many are under the thumb believing they are not big enough to stand on their own.

It will be harder for the EU to socially destroy nations, all because they won't allow them any fiscal autonomy whatsoever.

This BREXIT is very important for Europe as a whole. The worse thing that could happen is if Britain fails to pull it off seamlessly. I think they will and that is going to be a huge relief for so many.

Britain is very much the pioneer here. Credit to them!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Paphitis wrote:What I don't understand is why MKTV on the one hand is concerned for Britain because he feels it is a big mistake, whilst on the other hand express so much vile and negativity and even wish its demise and then say told you so.

This move by Britain is brave and it is VERY important for the sake of all EU members including Cyprus and Greece.

When they pull it off and see that things are not so bad and that in fact Britain has continued to thrive, it will give the rest of the EU hope and the knowledge that they can one day follow in Britains steps towards salvation.

This is necessary because should Greece and Cyprus fail economically once again, they can pull the plug and regain control. At the moment so many are under the thumb believing they are not big enough to stand on their own.

It will be harder for the EU to socially destroy nations, all because they won't allow them any fiscal autonomy whatsoever.

This BREXIT is very important for Europe as a whole. The worse thing that could happen is if Britain fails to pull it off seamlessly. I think they will and that is going to be a huge relief for so many.

Britain is very much the pioneer here. Credit to them!


It is Paul (Novak) ZKTV (ZurichKabelTeleVision) a trade name, .... he gets free advertising on here !!!!!

His anti-British views are well known and he has at least one supporter of his extreme stance! He dislikes the British intensely, especially pensioners as he sees them as useless bodies that need feeding, cost to much to treat medically and it would be better if the EU drove them all back to the UK to die in Victorian slums of disease and poverty. You won't get a shred of common sense out of any of his posts........... believe me! :wink:

Once again, I agree absolutely with every thing you have said. The UK will thrive eventually from leaving the EU and there are many other member states where the population is thinking on the same lines as the majority of the UK population, as you have stated. This is why the EU Commissioners are trying to make a 'divorce' as unpleasant as possible. They think it will act as a deterrent to others that get ideas about joining the UK and turning their back on an increasingly Federal Europe.

IMO: I think that 'punishment' attitude to the UK will have exactly the opposite effect. :roll:

The 'EU' are now looking into charging the British a fee to avoid having to apply for a visa. They are copying the US line as it will limit a stay in the EU to just 90 days. Once again, I think that is not very smart thinking! What effect will this have on tourism, which is mainly to the poorer states of the EU like Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Italy etc.? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Paul ZKTV » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:37 pm

......................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Paul ZKTV
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 am
Location: Zürich

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Paul ZKTV » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Robin Hood wrote:It is Paul (Novak) ZKTV (ZurichKabelTeleVision) a trade name, .... he gets free advertising on here !!!!! :

Ta for that ..maybe next time you can include a phone number or our office hours ...

Robin Hood wrote:The 'EU' are now looking into charging the British a fee to avoid having to apply for a visa. They are copying the US line as it will limit a stay in the EU to just 90 days. Once again, I think that is not very smart thinking! What effect will this have on tourism, which is mainly to the poorer states of the EU like Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Italy etc.? :roll:

blimy you posted something worth reading ,apart from its all wong yet again
THESE ARE THE RULES TODAY AND LONG BEFORE DOOMSDAY ...

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
Schengen Area nowadays covers most of the European Countries with an exception made for the United Kingdom Although not members of the European Union, the following countries like Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are also part of the Schengen zone enjoying the same freedom of movement policy as the others.

The citizens of the countries of the Schengen Zone as well as the citizens of the countries that don’t need a visa to enter the Schengen zone are however not allowed to reside in the traveling destination for the time desired without any other legal permission.
The amount of days permitted to stay in any of the Schengen zone countries doesn’t exceed 90 days/ three months every half a year needless of the travel reasons


I have no idea why you think you should be treated different then a person from nigeria,pakistan or any other ´foreigner´ - BREXIT means BREXIT

p.s. tourist come for 14 days spend all their money,you aint no tourist .also SPAIN has better housing ,roads and cars then the UK so stopp looking thru 1950 specs at the world ..
User avatar
Paul ZKTV
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 am
Location: Zürich

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:41 pm

Paul ZKTV wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:It is Paul (Novak) ZKTV (ZurichKabelTeleVision) a trade name, .... he gets free advertising on here !!!!! :

Ta for that ..maybe next time you can include a phone number or our office hours ...

Robin Hood wrote:The 'EU' are now looking into charging the British a fee to avoid having to apply for a visa. They are copying the US line as it will limit a stay in the EU to just 90 days. Once again, I think that is not very smart thinking! What effect will this have on tourism, which is mainly to the poorer states of the EU like Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Italy etc.? :roll:

blimy you posted something worth reading ,apart from its all wong yet again
THESE ARE THE RULES TODAY AND LONG BEFORE DOOMSDAY ...

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
Schengen Area nowadays covers most of the European Countries with an exception made for the United Kingdom Although not members of the European Union, the following countries like Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are also part of the Schengen zone enjoying the same freedom of movement policy as the others.

The citizens of the countries of the Schengen Zone as well as the citizens of the countries that don’t need a visa to enter the Schengen zone are however not allowed to reside in the traveling destination for the time desired without any other legal permission.
The amount of days permitted to stay in any of the Schengen zone countries doesn’t exceed 90 days/ three months every half a year needless of the travel reasons


I have no idea why you think you should be treated different then a person from nigeria,pakistan or any other ´foreigner´ - BREXIT means BREXIT

p.s. tourist come for 14 days spend all their money,you aint no tourist .also SPAIN has better housing ,roads and cars then the UK so stopp looking thru 1950 specs at the world ..


Repeating what I say does not make you any smarter or are you just proving you can read? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Paphitis » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:21 am

Paul ZKTV wrote:......................


And yet, it seems to me that Britain has some very smart politicians and sharp shooters.

I was impressed with Cameron (sad to see him go) but Theresa may and even her opponent in the race to office were absolutely stunning.

Britain is in pretty good hands.

Oh, and the EU absolutely know Britain will have FTAs with USA, Australia, Canada, and NZ as a minimum, so there is nothing to worry about.

The EU can either do this the easy way or the hard way. Do it the hard way, then it is the EU that will lose out in the long run.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Paphitis » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:27 am

Paul ZKTV wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:It is Paul (Novak) ZKTV (ZurichKabelTeleVision) a trade name, .... he gets free advertising on here !!!!! :

Ta for that ..maybe next time you can include a phone number or our office hours ...

Robin Hood wrote:The 'EU' are now looking into charging the British a fee to avoid having to apply for a visa. They are copying the US line as it will limit a stay in the EU to just 90 days. Once again, I think that is not very smart thinking! What effect will this have on tourism, which is mainly to the poorer states of the EU like Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Italy etc.? :roll:

blimy you posted something worth reading ,apart from its all wong yet again
THESE ARE THE RULES TODAY AND LONG BEFORE DOOMSDAY ...

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
Schengen Area nowadays covers most of the European Countries with an exception made for the United Kingdom Although not members of the European Union, the following countries like Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are also part of the Schengen zone enjoying the same freedom of movement policy as the others.

The citizens of the countries of the Schengen Zone as well as the citizens of the countries that don’t need a visa to enter the Schengen zone are however not allowed to reside in the traveling destination for the time desired without any other legal permission.
The amount of days permitted to stay in any of the Schengen zone countries doesn’t exceed 90 days/ three months every half a year needless of the travel reasons


I have no idea why you think you should be treated different then a person from nigeria,pakistan or any other ´foreigner´ - BREXIT means BREXIT

p.s. tourist come for 14 days spend all their money,you aint no tourist .also SPAIN has better housing ,roads and cars then the UK so stopp looking thru 1950 specs at the world ..


Why? Well if you can't work it out then perhaps you should refrain from posting about this subject.

The FTSE has the largest market capitalization in the EU.

If you treat Brits the same as Pakistanis and Nigerians, then obviously they can restrict the movement of EU capital as well and treat the Euro like the Dólar zimbabuense.

Obviously not a very wise move to piss off a market of 65 million, who buy a lot of German Made cars.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 am

If you leave a club then you lose all the benefits that you enjoyed as a member.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Brexit ..... The Movie

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:48 am

Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Now, if every man and their dog are able to negotiate a FTA with the EU, including USA and Australia, there is no reason why the UK will not have a FTA.


Yes, but that is not exactly the point. The devil is in the detail. There will certainly be some kind of trade deal between the UK and the EU, but how advantageous for the UK will its terms be? I think it is totally nuts for a country the size of the UK (and let's face it - in the modern world only a few countries can exercise full sovereignty in the world and I am afraid that the UK is not one of them) to walk out of the largest trade block in the world that is on its own doorstep.


That is a real shame to think that way Tim.



Just to clarify, I believe that in the world today, only the USA, Russia and China can exercise full sovereignty. Interestingly, even the first two are in trade blocks. It's the Zeitgeist.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest