The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon May 23, 2016 8:22 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:So, still no quote for what you claim I said!

Not only have I never referred to Cyprus as becoming a colony of Greece, but I have just found this (below) in reply to another similar-minded Turk who also wants to perpetuate the myth about Cyprus being a colony:


But you did refer to Cyprus as being a territory of Greece, at least as far as I can see taking your own words as my evidence.


So, I take it you are now DROPPING your stupid lie. :idea:

And what's your perpetual problem with trying to twist yet another fact - that Greece and Cyprus are part of the Hellenic territories!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 pm

...point is we should be welcoming because even in our own distress, we have the capacity.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby kurupetos » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:So, still no quote for what you claim I said!

Not only have I never referred to Cyprus as becoming a colony of Greece, but I have just found this (below) in reply to another similar-minded Turk who also wants to perpetuate the myth about Cyprus being a colony:


But you did refer to Cyprus as being a territory of Greece, at least as far as I can see taking your own words as my evidence.


So, I take it you are now DROPPING your stupid lie. :idea:

And what's your perpetual problem with trying to twist yet another fact - that Greece and Cyprus are part of the Hellenic territories!

Dear GIG, these fools are laughable...

In reality, they are worried because from now on we will have power...

...and if the right people have power, it means that the wrong people are losing power. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby erolz66 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:So, I take it you are now DROPPING your stupid lie. :idea:

And what's your perpetual problem with trying to twist yet another fact - that Greece and Cyprus are part of the Hellenic territories!


No I stand by my original claim of

"Claiming that Cyprus is a territory (or resource) of Greece sounds pretty Greek imperialist to me."

and that you did in fact claim that Cyprus is a territory of Greece when you said

"It's kept poor by countries like Turkey that steal Greece's resources and territories and that includes Cyprus!"

I think that to claim Cyprus is a territory of Greece is to clearly support the notion of Greek imperialism. Cyprus is not a territory of Greece. Cyprus was not a territory of Greece when the Ottomans invaded and conquered it, it was a territory of Venice. There is not majority desire of Cypriots for Cyprus to be a territory of Greece.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:So, I take it you are now DROPPING your stupid lie. :idea:

And what's your perpetual problem with trying to twist yet another fact - that Greece and Cyprus are part of the Hellenic territories!


No I stand by my original claim of ....


And so you change and modify your "original claim". A DOUBLE lie! :roll:

Who cares what you say any more?

You make up a lie. You are shameless.

You fail to provide the evidence or quote.

You make up further lies and twist anything you can lay your hands on.

Then you change your claim to suit what you think you can now get away with.

You are a troll - a waste of space and time.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue May 24, 2016 12:21 am

...point is, by being welcoming, Cyprus is known, Cypriots are known, in a better light.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue May 24, 2016 6:44 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:So, I take it you are now DROPPING your stupid lie. :idea:

And what's your perpetual problem with trying to twist yet another fact - that Greece and Cyprus are part of the Hellenic territories!


No I stand by my original claim of ....


And so you change and modify your "original claim". A DOUBLE lie! :roll:

Who cares what you say any more?

You make up a lie. You are shameless.

You fail to provide the evidence or quote.

You make up further lies and twist anything you can lay your hands on.

Then you change your claim to suit what you think you can now get away with.

You are a troll - a waste of space and time.
b

Mrs Goebbels speaks... Irma, our little star, Oracle, Bearing in mind your own proven track record in lies and distortions, through all your many identities, I just wonder what credibility you have here, any more, at least among the freer and more intelligent of the thinkers. One can exclude any GD / Elam supporters from that category. Any one who supports that Nazi lover Michaloliakos is clearly two sandwiches short of a picnic in the brain department. Hopefully even they will see thst having you support their cause damages what ever credibility it might have.

On a strict analysis you have described Cyprus as a territory of Greece, but then as has been shown by the debate on EU Findings that Greece was seriously neglecting its obligations, and/or was seriously deficient in its management of the Eu external border, (the EU words, not mine) linguistic analysis is hardly your strong point.

Then there is there is tge hypocracy of praising people for supporting immigrants when you are an avowed apologist for gangs of thugs masquarading as political parties who beat up immigrants...

Pass me the sick bag, you make me want to puke, you are so morally corrupt.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby erolz66 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:39 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:And so you change and modify your "original claim". A DOUBLE lie! :roll:


The original claim is here cyprus44845-10.html#p841322 . That is a fact. I stand by that original claim. Saying that Cyprus is a territory of Greece sounds to me like an expression of Greek imperialism. Of course you do not deal with the point I am making but instead just resort to ad hominem attacks because that is what you do here. That is what you have always done here.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Who cares what you say any more?


Who cares what you say ? Who has ever cared what you say, given the way you behave here ?

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You make up a lie. You are shameless.


I quoted you verbatim and explained why what you had said to me appeared to be an expression of Greek imperilaism.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You fail to provide the evidence or quote.


I provided a verbatim quote of yours where you appear to claim that Cyprus is a territory of Greece and express my opinion that such is an expression of Greek imperialism.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You make up further lies and twist anything you can lay your hands on.


I engaged in rational discussion with Sotos to the points he made

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Then you change your claim to suit what you think you can now get away with.


What my original claim was is indisputable fact and can be seen here cyprus44845-10.html#p841322 I did not change it at all. I stand by it. That you have no interest in addressing the point I raise but instead only have an interest in calling me a liar is nothing new here GiG. This is what you do.

So I will ask do you GiG believe that Cyprus is a territory of Greece or not ? You said here cyprus44599-100.html#p839730

It's kept poor by countries like Turkey that steal Greece's resources and territories and that includes Cyprus!


You will not answer these questions. You never answer such questions. You never 'attack the argument' you always 'attack the person'. This is what you do here in this thread, this is what you do here on this forum, this is what you have always done here on this forum.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 am

erolz66 wrote:I quoted you verbatim and ....


.... and yet did not find a single quote that stated Cyprus being a colony of Greece!

And when you lie and get picked up on it, you then go off on one quoting this and that and demanding answers to divert from your folly.

I'm not playing your game. I don't answer to liars.

Admit you lied or that you are too stupid to understand what is written (i.e. your interpretation is faulty or twisted as that of a pure propagandist, as it has been countless other times) as there is nowhere else to go with liars as they try to untangle the webs they weave ....
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Asylum-seekers arrive in Cyprus

Postby erolz66 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:31 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:I quoted you verbatim and ....


.... and yet did not find a single quote that stated Cyprus being a colony of Greece!

And when you lie and get picked up on it, you then go off on one quoting this and that and demanding answers to divert from your folly.

I'm not playing your game. I don't answer to liars.

Admit you lied or that you are too stupid to understand what is written (i.e. your interpretation is faulty or twisted as that of a pure propagandist, as it has been countless other times) as there is nowhere else to go with liars as they try to untangle the webs they weave ....


Normal behaviour goes like this

I raise a point (that you had appeared to express a view previously that Cyprus is a territory of Greece and that could be seen as an expression of Greek Imperialism). The sane and rational poster Sotos then posts, addressing my point and explaining why in their view my definition of of 'imperialism' does not apply to what you had previously said. It was at this point the the world 'colony' came into the equation. This is normal rational behaviour.

Then there is what you did in response to my point - what you are still doing, what you always do.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests