The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Actually, my question is to kurupetos, because if i recall he is Nuclear Physicist; why is it irrelevant?

...and to tsuk, because i imagine he too is deep in this science.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 pm



...it is long, but interesting if you like to think about this kind of stuff.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby supporttheunderdog » Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Actually, my question is to kurupetos, because if i recall he is Nuclear Physicist; why is it irrelevant?

...and to tsuk, because i imagine he too is deep in this science.



Interesting....if it is cleaner and greener than other fuels,then worth looking at...
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I say solar first and foremost.

Plants do it ....
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby erolz66 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:37 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I say solar first and foremost.

Plants do it ....


Try watching the video link provided and you might understand what the thread / discussion is about and as a result make less ignorant comments.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 10:07 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:I say solar first and foremost.

Plants do it ....


Try watching the video link provided and you might understand what the thread / discussion is about and as a result make less ignorant comments.


Oh, is that what you recommend? Well, some of us don't get our education from *YouTubes* :lol:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby erolz66 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:10 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:I say solar first and foremost.

Plants do it ....


Try watching the video link provided and you might understand what the thread / discussion is about and as a result make less ignorant comments.


Oh, is that what you recommend? Well, some of us don't get our education from *YouTubes* :lol:


No some people spout off from ignorance without even bothering to find out what the topic is about in order to try and appear clever and fail miserably because they spout of from ignorance without even bothering to find out what the topic is about.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:I say solar first and foremost.

Plants do it ....


Try watching the video link provided and you might understand what the thread / discussion is about and as a result make less ignorant comments.


Oh, is that what you recommend? Well, some of us don't get our education from *YouTubes* :lol:


No some people spout off from ignorance without even bothering to find out what the topic is about in order to try and appear clever and fail miserably because they spout of from ignorance without even bothering to find out what the topic is about.


So, why don't you tell me why photosynthesis is not the most sustainable and greatest of energy providers?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Actually, my question is to kurupetos, because if i recall he is Nuclear Physicist; why is it irrelevant?

...and to tsuk, because i imagine he too is deep in this science.


Interesting Rw..I only saw a few minutes from the beginning, I'll watch the rest later. Many technologies came out of the space program of the late 60's, such as silicon computer chips, computers, 3D printing and probably others, which society didn't see 30,40,50 years later. These missions have state of the art technologies. Even with state of the art technologies solar panels are being fazed out in favor of thorium, which tells me solar is not worth much.
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Thorium, its practical use as a source of energy

Postby Get Real! » Mon May 30, 2016 10:46 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Actually, my question is to kurupetos, because if i recall he is Nuclear Physicist;

You know, I used to suspect that you're a regular dope smoker but now I know that you're just naturally fucking stupid!

Kurupet, has the IQ of a constipated wombat and you think he's a Nuclear Physicist???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40382
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests