The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expert

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:59 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Cyprus is a third world country.

Any country that has antiquated computer systems and required me to go from office to office in order to get a Cypriot Birth Certificate and ID Card over 5 days is pretty third world if you ask me. Just completely unnecessary!

They’re actually pretty fast for passports, IDs, etc, with same day service at citizen’s centers… but they *do* tend to give the runarounds to undesirables! :lol:

http://www.cyprus.gov.cy/portal/portal. ... =0&lang=en

Something about you must've triggered "runaround mode" in the system Paphitis... and knowing you I suspect it was your IQ! :lol:


I wish that was true.

What I experienced was massive ineptitude and the departments don't even share data.

We had every document you could think off, because we anticipated that our balls would be busted, but we never anticipated what we were confronted with.

It came to the conclusion that the RoC tries to impose as many obstacles you can think of in order to make it difficult for people because they don't want citizens which in their eyes may become a burden on their public purse.

Getting a new passport is easy. Getting an initial ID Card and Birth Certificate for new borns was just completely the worse bureaucracy I have ever encountered in my life.

The fact is however, my children have been born into a life of money and privilege which means they don't even need to work if they don't want to.

My children, if they ever come to Cyprus, will friggin own the joint and do the employing, not the working. But they would have to move to Cyprus over my dead body that's for sure. Cyprus is just a holiday destination for us.

These kids will have the finances to do whatever they want from the age of 18. That's because their old man is a very bright cooky.

Oh btw, I was very nice to them, and I portrayed a lot of patience under the circumstances until I finally snapped and after that it was them doing the running around. But overall I was pleasant for the first 4 days considering that they took some days out of my holiday I could have used doing other things. :)
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 am

Robin Hood wrote:Paphitis:
I have a great deal of insight into the KSA recently but I need to ask you the following.


You had an insight from a very limited perspective from what you have said and also over a very limited time period.

Is the following correct? You have told us several times that through years of studying the subject on the internet you have become an expert on the banking system. You even said I think that you have learned more about the banks than some of the people who actually work in them. From that it seems obvious that you have never actually worked in the banking system or even I think had a 2 week package tour but you are an expert. Am I right so far?


No, I said I have become pretty knowledgeable on the subject of the creation of money and how the banking system works, i.e. where the numbers come from. If you knew anything about the subject you would know that the way banks operate and how they present their accounts is a very different subject to the way their basic resource, ‘money’ is created. Before you can have a bank you need something to enter into the books? Where did it come from ..... simple question and an equally simple answer, if you have the capacity to work it out ..... and you very obviously have not!

I said I have gained more knowledge about money creation than many in the banking system and that is true. Because many, like you, may be very good at banking terminology (i.e. accountancy) but don’t have a clue where those numbers comes from. But what I will tell you is that Trump and Corbyn have a pretty good idea! Maybe they read the BoE Bulletin and understood it? I have offered you a string of sources to support my explanation from the BoE and the FED to highly regarded economists ..... but of course you consider you know more than they do?

I have never worked in a bank, that is true, but you don’t need to work in a bank to understand how their basic resource is created ..... and more to the point, they don’t need to know either. You don’t have to be an aeronautical design engineer to fly an aeroplane or vice versa ......... banking is no different.

BTW: I don’t do package tours. They don’t run package tours to some of the places I have been to!

You have so far been wrong on every assumption you have made because your knowledge and experience is more limited than mine in some areas and I am sure the reverse is also true.

Here though you are dismissing the opinions of people who have never seen or worked in the REAL Saudi or Iran with respect to corruption because of their lack of actual experience in those countries.


Those people, like you, would have experience of these countries but how many of those experiences are viewed from outside the tourist areas. Have they ever been shot at; have they ever been thrown into police cells; have they ever been arrested at the airport for having a CTO picture of a Greek priest painting an icon; have they ever had a military escort and armed guards to take them to the airport; have they ever flow sitting on the floor of a military transport (C130) ...... I have! I call that experience and I am sure, going by what he has said on the forum, Tim will have had similar experiences. On the other hand .... how many have been ‘wined’ (fruit juiced) and dined by Bin Ladin ...... I have to admit it was not Osama but one of the family and a few of the management ..... white robes/fan bets and all.

I am just guessing here but I would bet that you have worked in those places?


FYI: I have worked in UK, Norway, Germany, Nederland’s, France, Italy, Spain, Thailand, Iran, Algeria and Saudi ......... so, yes I have been to those place and more, but rarely any where near the tourist areas.

So you can be a self proclaimed expert on a subject that you have absolutely no practical experience in whilst others cannot do the same if its something you personally have experience of?


Your incorrect assumption. One thing I have never claimed to be is an expert, even in my own field of engineering, there was always someone who knew something I didn’t. To be honest I have never met one either ..... met plenty who claimed to be an expert but they inevitably turn out to be just knowledgeable OR NOT! To be an expert means you know EVERYTHING about a subject ..... and that is sheer arrogance.

As you are a BIG man on this forum can you help us all out by clearing up just what criteria are acceptable to you when posting on things people have never actually experienced?


No, not a big man I just have a good understanding in subjects that interest me and I don’t take to fools trying to make me look silly. So unfortunately for you i don’t give in too easily.

Criteria? Easy ..... if it interests you, read about it , ask yourself questions and go look for the answers and ask questions of others that know more than you do; listen to what they tell you; work it out for yourself ...... then try and prove them wrong. If you can’t prove them wrong assume they are right, then do a bit more reading and ask a few more questions, until the penny drops. Just refrain from calling others fools just because YOU don’t understand a subject the way they do.

It all seems a very confusing. Don't you think?


No, I don’t find it at all confusing but then I have all that I need to answer your questions. You want proof .... I will provide a credible source; If you want to prove your point then do the same! If I am wrong you will have my apology but I don’t abuse people and I don’t apologise where there is nothing to apologise for .......... even upset feelings! :roll:


And here we have it again! Banking and Finance! What a brilliant subject change.

You know RH, I will not argue with any of your points.

But what I will say is this. All the Banks I have dealt with have been pretty good to me. So great in fact, that I just restructured everything with a Multi National and got interest rates which are not available to most people, because they see my bottom line. So great in fact, I get invited to cocktail parties and Corporate Boxes as their guest. They love me. :wink:

Not only this, but they want a bigger slice of the action and their money allows me to create money of my own. And boy, do I create money alright. Some of the shit I am pulling off right now, I never thought possible just 10 years ago even. And the Bank is friggin very excited about it too, because we have some big investors. One day, I shall post some pictures of what I am up to. Probably in about 2 months time when the project is announced and making the news.

FANTASTIC! I live a good roller coaster.

But I am not greedy and probably one of the most generous and down to earth people you could meet. Not that you will ever have the privilege. I can just sniff out a bitter and deluded old man from a mile away.

I will make sure that my children only get a job just to be well grounded, not because they need one. Because they won't. But I will still probably make them work at McDonalds or stack shelves at Woolworths just so they learn that money requires sacrifice and a lot of sweat and stress.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am

WOW! ..... Paphitis, I am impressed ...... I guess that was the intent ..... to impress us all with your business acumen? No doubt you will be running for PM in the next election so that you can direct your armies and make them more effective in Syria than they have been to date. Maybe even take on that useless poser Putin and teach him a thing or two about how to win a war? Your Country needs someone like you to lead them. Just to think in a couple of years time I could be saying to my friends "I knew him before he became Australian PM, when he was just a loud mouthed clown on a Cyprus Forum!"

Please can you send me an autographed photo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell me something. Do any of your multiple high interest accounts have more than the equivalent of about €100k in them? :?:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:35 am

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I don't have any accounts with over $100K in them.

But seeing as my main Bankers are a Multinational Corporation worth over $350 Billion and announces yearly profits in the vicinity of about $10 Billion per annum, it wouldn't matter.

They generally fund me, and in doing so, they are of great assistance.

Not only this, but over 2,000 jobs are going to be created. World Class architects and plans have been drawn already and will be submitted - over $2,000,000 worth of drawings so far.

Plus, major Chinese, Australian and Middle Eastern Sovereign backers and partners. Plus Government support.

Don't you love Capitalism? Best shit in the world.

Banks want in, and not only that, but the project has political clout and access to the highest levels. 8)

This building will be world class, and something the likes of which have never been seen. :wink:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby miltiades » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:15 am

You are obviously a very successful man making pots of money, I do envy you as I, a poor businessman that has run businesses for more than 40 years , still struggles and still works 60 plus hours a week to make ends meet . Some people have a natural gift when it comes to making money, obviously you are blessed with this amazing gift.

I must however wonder, how can an air steward be so successful financially, unless of course you own the airline that employs you.
Good luck with your business venture and I hope that you make your fortune soon enough, if you haven't already done so.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 am

miltiades wrote:You are obviously a very successful man making pots of money, I do envy you as I, a poor businessman that has run businesses for more than 40 years , still struggles and still works 60 plus hours a week to make ends meet . Some people have a natural gift when it comes to making money, obviously you are blessed with this amazing gift.

I must however wonder, how can an air steward be so successful financially, unless of course you own the airline that employs you.
Good luck with your business venture and I hope that you make your fortune soon enough, if you haven't already done so.


That's so sad for you.

You need a friggin brain, and its about working smart sometimes, not hard. Although I have worked hard, for me its about exiting your fake rat race world and making sure my kids are not part of it and are able to do anything they want.

I don't gloat about any success. Some of it fell in my lap. But you do need some BIG Archidkthia to do what I do, so you are shit out of luck.

And at the moment, we are talking about options worth several million as well as some other deals plus a 5% stake. It's all on paper.

But I can tell you, we currently have one of the most prolific International Architects on board who has designed some incredible stuff in Dubai and China. So far, about $2 million has been spent on concept plans. When the plans are submitted by the end of July, it will be in the media, and then I look forward to rubbing your nose in it. :lol:

You just stick to your pots and pans. If you're a good boy, we might select you as our pot and pan supplier.

You just continue on your crusade old boy. I give you the ammunition and you try to use it. It just goes to show what kind of a person you are.

I only call you stupid and idiot, but you keep making this very personal. You are showing your true colours.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:49 pm

As a survival tip, among my wealthy Brit acquaintances, it's still pretty much the case that ten minutes of social networking can do more than ten years of hard work.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby miltiades » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:You are obviously a very successful man making pots of money, I do envy you as I, a poor businessman that has run businesses for more than 40 years , still struggles and still works 60 plus hours a week to make ends meet . Some people have a natural gift when it comes to making money, obviously you are blessed with this amazing gift.

I must however wonder, how can an air steward be so successful financially, unless of course you own the airline that employs you.
Good luck with your business venture and I hope that you make your fortune soon enough, if you haven't already done so.


That's so sad for you.

You need a friggin brain, and its about working smart sometimes, not hard. Although I have worked hard, for me its about exiting your fake rat race world and making sure my kids are not part of it and are able to do anything they want.

I don't gloat about any success. Some of it fell in my lap. But you do need some BIG Archidkthia to do what I do, so you are shit out of luck.

And at the moment, we are talking about options worth several million as well as some other deals plus a 5% stake. It's all on paper.

But I can tell you, we currently have one of the most prolific International Architects on board who has designed some incredible stuff in Dubai and China. So far, about $2 million has been spent on concept plans. When the plans are submitted by the end of July, it will be in the media, and then I look forward to rubbing your nose in it. :lol:

You just stick to your pots and pans. If you're a good boy, we might select you as our pot and pan supplier.

You just continue on your crusade old boy. I give you the ammunition and you try to use it. It just goes to show what kind of a person you are.

I only call you stupid and idiot, but you keep making this very personal. You are showing your true colours.

You boast about how much money you have, shame you are only a fucking steward on an Arab airline. How did you make your money boy, is it real or monopoly money :lol: :lol:
By the way when your imaginary multi million venture comes to fruition, could you kindly lend me a ...quid!! :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Paphitis wrote:I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I don't have any accounts with over $100K in them.

But seeing as my main Bankers are a Multinational Corporation worth over $350 Billion and announces yearly profits in the vicinity of about $10 Billion per annum, it wouldn't matter.

They generally fund me, and in doing so, they are of great assistance.

Not only this, but over 2,000 jobs are going to be created. World Class architects and plans have been drawn already and will be submitted - over $2,000,000 worth of drawings so far.

Plus, major Chinese, Australian and Middle Eastern Sovereign backers and partners. Plus Government support.

Don't you love Capitalism? Best shit in the world.

Banks want in, and not only that, but the project has political clout and access to the highest levels. 8)

This building will be world class, and something the likes of which have never been seen. :wink:


Tell us: if it all comes to nothing and you find your plot of land has been used as collateral for massive loans and the project collapses, with massive debts .......... will you be a big enough person to tell us?
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: UK is most corrupt country in the world, says mafia expe

Postby yialousa1971 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Cyprus is a third world country.

Any country that has antiquated computer systems and required me to go from office to office in order to get a Cypriot Birth Certificate and ID Card over 5 days is pretty third world if you ask me. Just completely unnecessary!

They’re actually pretty fast for passports, IDs, etc, with same day service at citizen’s centers… but they *do* tend to give the runarounds to undesirables! :lol:

http://www.cyprus.gov.cy/portal/portal. ... =0&lang=en

Something about you must've triggered "runaround mode" in the system Paphitis... and knowing you I suspect it was your IQ! :lol:


I wish that was true.

What I experienced was massive ineptitude and the departments don't even share data.

We had every document you could think off, because we anticipated that our balls would be busted, but we never anticipated what we were confronted with.

It came to the conclusion that the RoC tries to impose as many obstacles you can think of in order to make it difficult for people because they don't want citizens which in their eyes may become a burden on their public purse.

Getting a new passport is easy. Getting an initial ID Card and Birth Certificate for new borns was just completely the worse bureaucracy I have ever encountered in my life.

The fact is however, my children have been born into a life of money and privilege which means they don't even need to work if they don't want to.

My children, if they ever come to Cyprus, will friggin own the joint and do the employing, not the working. But they would have to move to Cyprus over my dead body that's for sure. Cyprus is just a holiday destination for us.

These kids will have the finances to do whatever they want from the age of 18. That's because their old man is a very bright cooky.

Oh btw, I was very nice to them, and I portrayed a lot of patience under the circumstances until I finally snapped and after that it was them doing the running around. But overall I was pleasant for the first 4 days considering that they took some days out of my holiday I could have used doing other things. :)


:mrgreen:

Image
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests