The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby tsukoui » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 pm

a key figure in Brazil’s interim government has resigned after explosive new transcripts revealed how he plotted to oust President Dilma Rousseff in order to end a corruption investigation that was targeting him. The transcripts, published by Brazil’s largest newspaper, Folha de São Paulo, document a conversation in March, just weeks before Brazil’s lower house voted in favor of impeaching President Rousseff. Romero Jucá, who was then a senator but became a planning minister after Rousseff’s ouster, was speaking with a former oil executive, Sérgio Machado. Both men have been targets of the so-called Car Wash investigation over money laundering and corruption at the state-controlled oil firm Petrobras.

In the conversation, the men agree that ousting President Rousseff would be the only way to end the corruption probe against them. In the transcript, Jucá says, "We have to change the government so the bleeding is stopped." Machado then reportedly said, "The easiest solution is to put Michel in"—a reference to Vice President Michel Temer, who took power once Rousseff was suspended. Writing for The Intercept, journalist journalist Glenn Greenwald said, quote, "The transcripts provide proof for virtually every suspicion and accusation impeachment opponents have long expressed about those plotting to remove Dilma from office." On Monday, Romero Jucá said his comments were taken out of context, but announced he would temporarily step down as the planning minister.


http://www.democracynow.org/2016/5/25/this_confirms_it_was_a_coup
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 pm

It is a recurring theme .... what the exceptional and indispensible nation cannot get legally it will take by any other means. Just like it has with Iraq, Libya, Ukraine and now Syria. It is the same story over and over again. Regime change!!!

BRICS has been shown to be a serious threat to US hegemony and their banking system domination
There Has Been A Coup In Brazil - By Paul Craig Roberts

In Brazil the country’s largest newspaper has published a transcript of a secret recording leaked to the newspaper. The words recorded are the plot by the rich Brazilian elite, involving both the US-corrupted Brazilian military and Supreme Court, to remove the democratically elected president of Brazil under false charges in order to stop the investigations of the corrupt elites who inhabit Brazil’s senate and bring to an end Brazil’s membership in BRICS. The Russian-Chinese attempt to organize an economic bloc independent of Washington has now lost 20% of its membership.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article44777.htm


Maduro accuses u.s. of taking over Venezuela’s oil

"The empire has decided that it's time to take our resources," Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez told reporters. "We know that what's coming is an intervention ... that's why we are alerting the international community."
Venezuela has the largest reserves of underground oil in the world and provides 10 percent of U.S. imports.
The crisis in Venezuela will reverberate far and wide, including in the U.S., in both positive and negative ways. On one hand, if Venezuela starts losing significant oil output, it will help rebalance the market and move us beyond US$50 oil.
But the bigger picture, according to Houston Chronicle columnist Chris Tomlinson, is that we need Venezuela’s heavy crude.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Maduro_A ... 8/Y/M.html


Wall Street Behind Brazil Coup d’Etat


Control over monetary policy and macro-economic reform was the ultimate objective of the Coup d’Etat. The key appointments from Wall Street’s standpoint are the Central Bank, which dominates monetary policy as well as foreign exchange transactions, the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Brazil (Banco do Brasil).
On behalf of Wall Street and the “Washington consensus”, the interim post coup “government” of Michel Temer has appointed a former Wall Street CEO (with U.S citizenship) to head the Ministry of Finance.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/wall-street-behind-brazil-coup-d-etat/5526715
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:25 pm

...the evil alliance, Turkey, Brazil, Pakistan; a few years back it seemed possible (with China and India somehow neutral(ised)): but it doesn't seem possible now.

Point being the word, corruption, is a little too hard to pin down; and who is corrupt even more difficult. While Erdogan was the first to call this a coup, and it well may be one, worse or better doesn't seem to be evident in this case, only that the corruption abounds.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7607
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:52 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...the evil alliance, Turkey, Brazil, Pakistan; a few years back it seemed possible (with China and India somehow neutral(ised)): but it doesn't seem possible now.

Point being the word, corruption, is a little too hard to pin down; and who is corrupt even more difficult. While Erdogan was the first to call this a coup, and it well may be one, worse or better doesn't seem to be evident in this case, only that the corruption abounds.


If corruption leads to regime change, then surely that is a coup? The corruption has manipulated their constitution to get rid of an elected President that stood in 'their' way, to replace her with a US puppet.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 am

tsukoui wrote:
a key figure in Brazil’s interim government has resigned after explosive new transcripts revealed how he plotted to oust President Dilma Rousseff in order to end a corruption investigation that was targeting him. The transcripts, published by Brazil’s largest newspaper, Folha de São Paulo, document a conversation in March, just weeks before Brazil’s lower house voted in favor of impeaching President Rousseff. Romero Jucá, who was then a senator but became a planning minister after Rousseff’s ouster, was speaking with a former oil executive, Sérgio Machado. Both men have been targets of the so-called Car Wash investigation over money laundering and corruption at the state-controlled oil firm Petrobras.

In the conversation, the men agree that ousting President Rousseff would be the only way to end the corruption probe against them. In the transcript, Jucá says, "We have to change the government so the bleeding is stopped." Machado then reportedly said, "The easiest solution is to put Michel in"—a reference to Vice President Michel Temer, who took power once Rousseff was suspended. Writing for The Intercept, journalist journalist Glenn Greenwald said, quote, "The transcripts provide proof for virtually every suspicion and accusation impeachment opponents have long expressed about those plotting to remove Dilma from office." On Monday, Romero Jucá said his comments were taken out of context, but announced he would temporarily step down as the planning minister.


http://www.democracynow.org/2016/5/25/this_confirms_it_was_a_coup


She has been impeached on corruption charges.

The rest is innuendo and hearsay, probably from her supporters as she herself is pushing the Coup thesis in her defence.

in the end, she gets a trial, and the people of Brazil get a chance at achieving justice if she has been involved in Corrupt dealings.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 am

Paphitis:
She has been impeached on corruption charges.

The rest is innuendo and hearsay, probably from her supporters as she herself is pushing the Coup thesis in her defence.

in the end, she gets a trial, and the people of Brazil get a chance at achieving justice if she has been involved in Corrupt dealings.
So speaks the Forums empty vessel!

Compared with Rodham-Clinton's antics, .......... she is more akin Mother Teresa! But I don't see Obama indicting her for her corruption and treason! :x

And ..... what has the new interim President done for a starter? Introduced austerity and started rolling back all the social changes that the elected President introduced which has benefitted the ordinary people. You mean the people will get a say like the coup government gave in Ukraine or the enforced regime change in Libya and Iraq, and like the US wants in Syria, She will get justice just like Morsi has in Egypt? When these people get into power you can forget justice! Are you really that stupid to believe that those engineering these coups have any interest in the ‘People’...... to use your expression ............ it is all about the bottom line ........... the US’s bottom line.

Next on the list Venezuela ..... it’s got the CIA’s fingerprints all over what is happening there! ...... and guess what? They have some of the world’s largest gas and oil reserves. Surprise. Surprise!!

Before opening mouth and expressing your opinion try engaging your brain!!!!! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:40 am

Oh dear! Of course the forum's Bolshevik Conspiracy theorist would say this.

I for one respect Brazil's Justice System in the understanding that they have the legal obligation to enforce the law.

If she is so innocent, then it will come out, But the State Prosecutors would have their evidence too, and the right to hold her to account for alleged misdealings.

In the end, she has a right to self defence and is still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

So the legal process will run its course and we will see in the future if she is guilty or innocent as well as see the evidence against her.

But no matter what, I am sure that this will not be enough for Robin Hood if she is found to be guilty.

let me guess. She must be a Lefty!

Well, Left politicians just so happen to be the most corrupt. Not that this means Rousseff is corrupt. I shall await for the verdict.

I am also am quite amazed how Christofias survived.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:57 am

But of course Robin Hood is just so clever and smart!

He has it all worked out! Amazing!

He has automatically come to the conclusion that Rouseff is innocent and that the whole situation is an American plot and Coup. Wowee!

Just like he was able to work out the Americans have a spraying program to turn everyone into mutants. I have been carrying my umbrella ever since!

Not to mention his insights into Syria and discovering how the FSA used Sarin gas on themselves and how the Americans managed to instigate the Al Qaeda plot for Seltember 11.

If that is not enough, but the old age pensioner has also exposed the Banks and all the ills of the West and the capitalist system whilst he supports poor innocent Pootin and Assad.

He is on a crusade to stop the NWO which the Americans are behind no doubt. What will civilization ever do without Robin Hood?

Amazing stuff here folks! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Paphitis wrote:Oh dear! Of course the forum's Bolshevik Conspiracy theorist would say this.

I for one respect Brazil's Justice System in the understanding that they have the legal obligation to enforce the law.

If she is so innocent, then it will come out, But the State Prosecutors would have their evidence too, and the right to hold her to account for alleged misdealings.

In the end, she has a right to self defence and is still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

So the legal process will run its course and we will see in the future if she is guilty or innocent as well as see the evidence against her.

But no matter what, I am sure that this will not be enough for Robin Hood if she is found to be guilty.

let me guess. She must be a Lefty!

Well, Left politicians just so happen to be the most corrupt. Not that this means Rousseff is corrupt. I shall await for the verdict.

I am also am quite amazed how Christofias survived.


Another useless contribution to a thread by the self opinionated manic General! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Evidence mounts of coup in Brazil

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Sorry but did I say that the Americans are plotting behind the scenes and want to install their puppet? Did I accuse the Americans of staging a Coup?

No I did not say anything other than there is a legal system which will look into the matter and decide whether she is innocent or guilty!

Nothing worthless about that.

Your contributions are worthless for coming up with worthless presumptions and allegations. My contributions are the only reasonable posts in this thread.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests