The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:An interesting little article from the Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/2 ... e-ailments

suggesting that Britain does rather well from free movement in the EU in that it gets rid of two million non-productive old fogeys, and gains two million productive young people in their place.


PS - The above was my attempt to provide a pithy summary of the above-mentioned article. Anybody who disagrees with the views expressed in the article should address the author rather than shoot the messenger.


I didn't read the article, I saw what I assumed were your words ..... it was not identified as a quote.

The guy was also not too good at maths!!!! If they got rid of 2m old fogeys, who took their pensions and capital assets with them (sold the house) and were still entitled to healthcare in their EU country of residence, how exactly did they save anything? They then spend it in their chosen country of residence so Cyprus gains ...... UK loses. At least that is how I see it but then I don't soar too good, I prefer to keep my feet firmly on the ground.

Then the author claims that .........2m young immigrants .......he missed the that many would bring wives and children, many with no qualifications, many barely speaking English and most with no appreciable capital wealth, were a greater benefit? Doesn't look like that to me. :roll: Sounds like a well thought out Paphitis style business plan ...... 'just soar with it and we will work out the finer details later!?' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you also agree with Paphitis latest bit of garbage? He is now advocating the genocide (Euthanasia) of all us old fogeys, the sick, the unemployed, the mentally retarded (he would be in the front of the queue for that one) and believes they should be rounded up and ..... gassed! Now who is the Hitler admirer? He obviously thought Hitler's business plan for solving his problem was a good one .... he says so.

The mans a friggin lunatic ..... someone should do some thing to get him sectioned.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Oh dear! You wouldn't read about it!

The guy just love making things up and on top of that adopts the Nazi Line of justifying the reasons for the Jesish extermination.

Amazing!

Now, connect the dots to Banking and Finance, his vitriol against every Western Country, Israel, NATO, EU, UK, Australia et al and his support for Pootin and Assad, and see we are dealing with a lunatic in full flight. As long as he turns on his Landing Light on finals then all is good as long as he doesn't forget to put the landing gear down!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby miltiades » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Paphitis wrote:Oh dear! You wouldn't read about it!

The guy just love making things up and on top of that adopts the Nazi Line of justifying the reasons for the Jesish extermination.

Amazing!

Now, connect the dots to Banking and Finance, his vitriol against every Western Country, Israel, NATO, EU, UK, Australia et al and his support for Pootin and Assad, and see we are dealing with a lunatic in full flight. As long as he turns on his Landing Light on finals then all is good as long as he doesn't forget to put the landing gear down!

Who is making things up ? I haven't read a post by Robin justifying the holocaust. Can you provide a link, otherwise shut it and apologize.

Talking about my own views on Syria formulated and posted here at the start of the conflict, I stand by those views ie that West should not interfere in Syria and that the west was making a grave error of judgement in supporting and arming numerous jihadist groups opposing Assad.

I have no love for Assad and neither do I have any respect for those opposing him, the devil you know is better than the one you do not. I think you also expressed similar sentiments .
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:57 pm

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Oh dear! You wouldn't read about it!

The guy just love making things up and on top of that adopts the Nazi Line of justifying the reasons for the Jesish extermination.

Amazing!

Now, connect the dots to Banking and Finance, his vitriol against every Western Country, Israel, NATO, EU, UK, Australia et al and his support for Pootin and Assad, and see we are dealing with a lunatic in full flight. As long as he turns on his Landing Light on finals then all is good as long as he doesn't forget to put the landing gear down!

Who is making things up ? I haven't read a post by Robin justifying the holocaust. Can you provide a link, otherwise shut it and apologize.

Talking about my own views on Syria formulated and posted here at the start of the conflict, I stand by those views ie that West should not interfere in Syria and that the west was making a grave error of judgement in supporting and arming numerous jihadist groups opposing Assad.

I have no love for Assad and neither do I have any respect for those opposing him, the devil you know is better than the one you do not. I think you also expressed similar sentiments .


That's because you're either stupid, making it up as you go along, delusional or just trying to support your mate because that is the kind of person you are. Always seeking approval from formers like a popularity contest.

But like you, RH has said the most outlandished things! He justifies the holocaust by adopting the NAZI propaganda line, and as you would expect, he also supports Assad.

Not only this, but he also supports the complete financial obliteration of Greece.Nothing is sacred as Greece is a mere pawn in bringing the Banks down. Don't worry about the entire Greek population going back to the Stone Age.

Not only this, but he also supports and justifies Turkey's occupation of Cyprus. Search his posts on Cyprus expat forum to see the vitriol he spews and why he is not welcome there!

Everything is agenda driven against the West, EU, Banks, Israel, Greece, UK, Cyprus and many more. The guy is an Anarchist. Nothing is sacred, not even Cyprus. He literally blames Cyprus for the invasion. In other words, Cyprus deserved what it got as did the Jews who controlled Germany.

And you are a very foolish man! Go and have a chat to your other mate CBBB!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Tim Drayton » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Robin Hood wrote:The guy was also not too good at maths!!!! If they got rid of 2m old fogeys, who took their pensions and capital assets with them (sold the house) and were still entitled to healthcare in their EU country of residence, how exactly did they save anything?


Just to clarify, who are you saying pays for these retired people's health care in their chosen country of residence - the country they are now living in or the UK?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby miltiades » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:31 pm

"But like you, RH has said the most outlandished things! He justifies the holocaust by adopting the NAZI propaganda line, and as you would expect, he also supports Assad."

Is that the Assad that a few years back you also supported ? :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:48 pm

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Oh dear! You wouldn't read about it!

The guy just love making things up and on top of that adopts the Nazi Line of justifying the reasons for the Jesish extermination.

Amazing!

Now, connect the dots to Banking and Finance, his vitriol against every Western Country, Israel, NATO, EU, UK, Australia et al and his support for Pootin and Assad, and see we are dealing with a lunatic in full flight. As long as he turns on his Landing Light on finals then all is good as long as he doesn't forget to put the landing gear down!

Who is making things up ? I haven't read a post by Robin justifying the holocaust. Can you provide a link, otherwise shut it and apologize.

Talking about my own views on Syria formulated and posted here at the start of the conflict, I stand by those views ie that West should not interfere in Syria and that the west was making a grave error of judgement in supporting and arming numerous jihadist groups opposing Assad.

I have no love for Assad and neither do I have any respect for those opposing him, the devil you know is better than the one you do not. I think you also expressed similar sentiments .


Let me make it easy for you!

There is no point arguing with him as he is so absolute and a 100% know it all. I never make such claims but I have my opinions and what I consider to be well rounded and reasonable responces. I for one will not be supporting Assad under any circumstances and categorically blame him for the bloodshed in Syria far more than I can ever blame DAESH which are an insignifant terrorist group which will be defeated in due course. Assad however, is far more dangerous, has battered and repressed his own people resulting in the opposition against him whether that be moderate forces or DAESH itself. There will be no peace with Assad, nor any justice. This is my reasoning and my opinion which I am entitled to, and they are opinions which are commonly held in the West. You, do not hold these commonly held views so stop pretending you do all because you got a few votes on a Cypriot forum.

Let's be very clear about Robin Hood. If Turkey and the USA went to war tomorrow, Robin Hood would support Turkey. If Saudi Arabia went to war with the USA tomorrow, he would support Saidi Arabia.

Since Assad and Russia have teamed up, and against America and the coalition practically, he supports Assad.

If Turkey went to war with the USA tomorrow, he would support Turkey. Just because he lives in Cyprus means nothing. Everything is about an agenda which can't be taken seriously. Not only would be support Turkey, but he would support Turkey taking over the entire island. Cyprus is an EU country, hence it is on the wrong side. Cyprus is by default on America's side and a Coalition ally. Hence they officially support transition in Syria.

It's all a means to an end. There is no logic, nor any reason! Just anti west, EU, NATO, UK, Cyprus, Greece, America and every single ally including Brazil.

You think I am exaggerating? Well no I am not. He will try and convince you of anything including outlandish conspiracies such as the MH304 being an American plot, the Americans spraying billions of people with chemicals, Americans bombing themselves on Sept11, Americans and Israel this and that. And on top of that he will provide sources from Academics, engineers and other so called "experts" which are not taken seriously but which he says are learned whilst any other source which is contradictory is from the corrupted Western MSM, and Murdoch Media. Then he will turn on you if you do not agree with him 100%.

I have virtually not agreed with him on anything.

And my my have you changed. Garavnoss is 100% correct. I have no issues with him not agreeing with my views, but I will not accept his personal vitriol or utter stupidity which you have taken hook line and sinker.

Read the posts about his justifications for the holocaust! Don't tell me he never said it. Why would you adopt the NAZI thesis if you do not support the extermination of Jews? It runs much deeper than that of course. Another reason why he supports Assad is because Assad and Israel are enemies. And he wants both Israel and America on their knees before Assad and before Russia. But it doesn't end there. He wants America's allies on its knees including Australia. Not only this, but he is a British Citizen and a beneficiary of the UK's generous NHS. Yet I have not heard him ever say a single positive thing about the UK. Just a few days ago, he was agreeing that the UK is the most corrupt country in the world. Sorry, but that is just not realistic. But then he supports Pootin who is in fact without a doubt very corrupt and bordering criminality at the best of times. Just look at how many Russian journalists are in jail for writing the wrong articles or saying the wrong things. A record which is simply a lot more severe than Turkey. Do you deny this? The facts are the facts. Turkey is also bad.

But it isn't about who is bad or who is right. It's about the agenda.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:57 pm

miltiades wrote:"But like you, RH has said the most outlandished things! He justifies the holocaust by adopting the NAZI propaganda line, and as you would expect, he also supports Assad."

Is that the Assad that a few years back you also supported ? :lol: :lol:


No I didn't support Assad at all.

I have always wanted regime change and even criticized Christofias for letting Assad visit Cyprus. I was ashamed of this. No other country like Australia would entertain Assad and nor does Australia have diplomatic relations with Syria. It would be akin to having diplomatic relations with North Korea. It's not possible.

When the Syrian Civil War started, America was criticized for supplying rebel groups and once again instigating the war.

The truth of the matter is this. America was caught napping and by the time the civil war took hold, they had no clue who to support if anyone and what to do. Obama was keen on giving Syria a wide berth and not get involved. Until of course DAESH went too far. So then it decides to enter this war against DAESH and in a very limited capacity. At the time they were still uncommitted in helping the Kurds or FSA until about 18 months ago. I believe Risdia's entry into Syria finally polarized America's Syria policy. The world is a far more dangerous place as a result of it. And Syrians on both sides will pay the biggest penalty. It has gone just far too far now. And it is a shamozle which no one will be able to control - not Assad, not Russia and not America.

Now, America is up to its eye balls. There is significant opposition against Assad which is completely committed. We now support transition and a political solution whereby the Sunnis feel part of Syria. It is not an unreasonable policy. It is a fair policy. If not, then you can expect partition and a big land grab currently under way by the Coalitions Murdish and Syriac Army and SDF ground forces. In the end, the choke come home to roost.

But since it is out of control. The name of the game for the Coalition is the creation of a Kurdish State and possibly a Syrian State. What the coalition will do next is defend that patch at all cost. And the only time the Coalition may back down is if Assad steps down and a National Unity Government takes his place. Then, there might be if you're lucky a Federated Syria with autonomous Federated Sunni and Kurdish States.

What I believe the Americans are doing is trying to create safe havens for the Kurds and Sunnis which may have to evacuate Aleppo and into Raqqa and surrounding towns occupied by the SDF and Syriac Arab Militias. Then they will be under a NO FLY ZONE completely controlled by the coalition.

Welcome to reality.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The guy was also not too good at maths!!!! If they got rid of 2m old fogeys, who took their pensions and capital assets with them (sold the house) and were still entitled to healthcare in their EU country of residence, how exactly did they save anything?


Just to clarify, who are you saying pays for these retired people's health care in their chosen country of residence - the country they are now living in or the UK?


It is a RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT ....... interpreted as ' you look after ours and we look after yours'. As I have previously said there could also be some from of lump sum monetary exchange but I cannot swear that as fact. The idea that when I go to see the village travelling doctor and pay my €3 to the lady at the registration desk who enters it in an exercise book ...... and then the additional cost of my visit is then charged back to the NHS and also the additional cost of any prescriptions over 50c is also back charged, really doesn't pass the common sense test. The cost of administering it would be huge.

Maybe a lump sum is part of the deal but what the agreement says, and Cyprus also has reciprocal agreements with a host of non-EU countries including Australia and NZ, is that ....... if I am entitled to treatment I am treated in exactly the same way as a Cypriot National. The cost is absorbed by Cyprus healthcare system, I am entitled to it at minimal charge as a pensioner but the rules change for those who are working. You will still get the treatment but not for free, there is a scale of moderate charges.

That is my understanding and I see no reason for that changing 'IF' ( a big IF) the UK exits the EU.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: One for Robin Hood - Positive Money

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:"But like you, RH has said the most outlandished things! He justifies the holocaust by adopting the NAZI propaganda line, and as you would expect, he also supports Assad."

Is that the Assad that a few years back you also supported ? :lol: :lol:


No I didn't support Assad at all.

I have always wanted regime change and even criticized Christofias for letting Assad visit Cyprus. I was ashamed of this. No other country like Australia would entertain Assad and nor does Australia have diplomatic relations with Syria. It would be akin to having diplomatic relations with North Korea. It's not possible.

When the Syrian Civil War started, America was criticized for supplying rebel groups and once again instigating the war.

The truth of the matter is this. America was caught napping and by the time the civil war took hold, they had no clue who to support if anyone and what to do. Obama was keen on giving Syria a wide berth and not get involved. Until of course DAESH went too far. So then it decides to enter this war against DAESH and in a very limited capacity. At the time they were still uncommitted in helping the Kurds or FSA until about 18 months ago. I believe Risdia's entry into Syria finally polarized America's Syria policy. The world is a far more dangerous place as a result of it. And Syrians on both sides will pay the biggest penalty. It has gone just far too far now. And it is a shamozle which no one will be able to control - not Assad, not Russia and not America.

Now, America is up to its eye balls. There is significant opposition against Assad which is completely committed. We now support transition and a political solution whereby the Sunnis feel part of Syria. It is not an unreasonable policy. It is a fair policy. If not, then you can expect partition and a big land grab currently under way by the Coalitions Murdish and Syriac Army and SDF ground forces. In the end, the choke come home to roost.

But since it is out of control. The name of the game for the Coalition is the creation of a Kurdish State and possibly a Syrian State. What the coalition will do next is defend that patch at all cost. And the only time the Coalition may back down is if Assad steps down and a National Unity Government takes his place. Then, there might be if you're lucky a Federated Syria with autonomous Federated Sunni and Kurdish States.

What I believe the Americans are doing is trying to create safe havens for the Kurds and Sunnis which may have to evacuate Aleppo and into Raqqa and surrounding towns occupied by the SDF and Syriac Arab Militias. Then they will be under a NO FLY ZONE completely controlled by the coalition.

Welcome to reality.


The General has spoken ............ to himself because no one else is listening ! Paphitis .... wake up ..... the face in the mirror is yours! What a load of old cobblers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests