The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:02 pm

For the Polis-naise sauce:

Fry some onions in Cypriot olive-oil. Add turkey mince and continue sauteing. Then add chopped peppers, courgette and any other veggies you have around - mushrooms, garlic, broccoli etc. Add tomato puree, some vinegar, and keep frying (sauteing) then add a load of chopped tomatoes and herbs in season - picked from the Paphos forest(?), oregano, thyme, basil, mint etc

Separately, boil the spaghetti (Greek pasta, not that shitty Italian stuff) and serve with grated halloumi or anari or whatever Cypriot cheese you have in the fridge. :P

Enjoy with some Aphrodite chilled wine ....


καλή όρεξη

:D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:06 am

OR..................PLENY of onions and all the above but add a desert spoon of curry powders and the same of curry paste ..... then serve on boiled rice instead of pasta.

OK .... sorry GIG, nothing to do with Polis or Paphos :roll: ............but it also tastes good! :wink: :)
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby kurupetos » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Nice oracles... but with your permission, I will change turkey mince with pork mince. :D
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17940
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Robin Hood wrote:OR..................PLENY of onions and all the above but add a desert spoon of curry powders and the same of curry paste ..... then serve on boiled rice instead of pasta.

OK .... sorry GIG, nothing to do with Polis or Paphos :roll: ............but it also tastes good! :wink: :)


Aaahh, that sounds like the Pomosbay (Bombay) version of curry. :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm

kurupetos wrote:Nice oracles... but with your permission, I will change turkey mince with pork mince. :D


You cannot change the identity of the native meat! :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby miltiades » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Polisnaise without wine ??? Never. :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16355
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:44 pm

miltiades wrote:Polisnaise without wine ??? Never. :lol:


Well, I did suggest some chilled Aphrodite wine in case you popped over ...
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Spaghetti Polis-naise. Yum!

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:47 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:For the Polis-naise sauce:

Fry some onions in Cypriot olive-oil. Add turkey mince and continue sauteing. Then add chopped peppers, courgette and any other veggies you have around - mushrooms, garlic, broccoli etc. Add tomato puree, some vinegar, and keep frying (sauteing) then add a load of chopped tomatoes and herbs in season - picked from the Paphos forest(?), oregano, thyme, basil, mint etc

Separately, boil the spaghetti (Greek pasta, not that shitty Italian stuff) and serve with grated halloumi or anari or whatever Cypriot cheese you have in the fridge. :P

Enjoy with some Aphrodite chilled wine ....


καλή όρεξη

:D
n

There is some evidence that a Pasta of sorts was being made in Greece as much as 1000 years before it was made by Italians, and curiouslyv the place in Italy where it developed was the area where In earlier times there had been Greek Colonies in Southern Italy..
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests