The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


this is a must

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: this is a must

Postby Get Real! » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 am

Sotos wrote:Stud, prehistoric people existed nearly everywhere and nobody said that Cyprus was uninhabited when the Mycenaeans came.

So are you Mycenaean, Hittite, or Philistine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40497
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: this is a must

Postby Lordo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 am

its not just him is it all his friends including the oracalised lot are philistinic. do they even know what they are.

a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts.

they ignore their cypriot culture and want to be part of greak one. then furq off to bloomin greace then you philistines.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: this is a must

Postby Sotos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 am

erolz66 wrote:
Sotos wrote:Stud, since you like to divide nations based on the DNA of their people and determine who can and can't be a member of a nation based on that, and since you SHOULD do it for your own nation first before you can promote your fascist view to others, I would suggest you start with the English National team.


This seems to me about as straw man an argument as there can be Sotos. I do not recall STUD ever saying that DNA should determine who can or should be a member of given nation ? Such patterns of migration have nothing to do with citizenship today. However they do I think have something to do with claims that a given people only are the 'native' people of a given place and that others are not ?


If only prehistoric people can be native then there are no native people anywhere today. The prehistoric settlements that once existed have joined up into greater nations (that none of them existed in prehistoric times), united not by DNA but by linguistic, religious and other bonds that brought different people together. How can you call a black person "English" and yet call Cypriots as merely "Greek Speaking"? This is clearly a case where foreigners want to keep their own nations united, even though they are genetically (as well as culturally and linguistically) far more diverse than our relatively homogeneous nation, and yet they are trying to find some details to divide our nation because this is what suits their interests.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10687
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: this is a must

Postby Sotos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Stud, prehistoric people existed nearly everywhere and nobody said that Cyprus was uninhabited when the Mycenaeans came.

So are you Mycenaean, Hittite, or Philistine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:


The Hittites never settled in Cyprus and the Philistines were not event around at the time :roll:
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10687
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: this is a must

Postby Get Real! » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Stud, prehistoric people existed nearly everywhere and nobody said that Cyprus was uninhabited when the Mycenaeans came.

So are you Mycenaean, Hittite, or Philistine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hittites never settled in Cyprus and the Philistines were not event around at the time :roll:

So you “picked up formatting” from imaginary 2000 year old visitors to Cyprus but you no longer pick up formatting from tourists? :? :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40497
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: this is a must

Postby Sotos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Stud, prehistoric people existed nearly everywhere and nobody said that Cyprus was uninhabited when the Mycenaeans came.

So are you Mycenaean, Hittite, or Philistine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hittites never settled in Cyprus and the Philistines were not event around at the time :roll:

So you “picked up formatting” from imaginary 2000 year old visitors to Cyprus but you no longer pick up formatting from tourists? :? :lol:


See how ridiculous your argument is that Greeks were merely "visitors"? :lol:
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10687
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: this is a must

Postby Sotos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:53 pm

But you growing up in a foreign country and "picking up formatting" of that country and not of Cyprus makes total sense ;) Things would be much easier for you to explain when you admit the reality instead of trying to change the reality to fit your needs.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10687
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: this is a must

Postby Lordo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Stud, prehistoric people existed nearly everywhere and nobody said that Cyprus was uninhabited when the Mycenaeans came.

So are you Mycenaean, Hittite, or Philistine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hittites never settled in Cyprus and the Philistines were not event around at the time :roll:

So you “picked up formatting” from imaginary 2000 year old visitors to Cyprus but you no longer pick up formatting from tourists? :? :lol:


See how ridiculous your argument is that Greeks were merely "visitors"? :lol:

you is gettin somewhere boy. they were indeed mere visitors and over stayed they welcome by about 301 years. if you love em so much bugger of the greak lands and leave cyprus to the cypriots.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: this is a must

Postby supporttheunderdog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:02 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:[
Although, when using the entire set of Y-chromosome haplogroup frequencies, the composition of Cyprus can be explained by contributions from Anatolia, Balkans, and Levant, the actual Greek contribution stood out for the Cypriot E-V13 (87 %), J2a-M67 (74 %), R1b-M269 (48 %), and G-P15 (17 %) components.


This is cherry picking and misquoting, that or misunderstanding, both are possible with you, since while 87% of E-V13 is likely to be of Greek Origin, E-V13 is only a small component of the genetic make up of Cypriots I think 7.3%

The complex genetic structure of Cyprus
Figure 1 presents the phylogenetic relationships and frequencies of the Y-chromosome lineages detected in the six districts of Cyprus. Like other populations in Anatolia and Lebanon, Cyprus exhibits a high level of haplogroup J2-M172 related diversity. J2a-M410 is the dominant Y-chromosome lineage, constituting 26.0 % of the overall Cypriot samples. J2b-M12/M102 splits into mainly J2b-M205 (5.9 %), frequent in Southern Levant (Additional file 5: Figure S2), and J2b-M241 (0.6 %), most frequent in Greece and the Balkans [20, 35]. Overall, the E-M35 haplogroup totals to 23.1 % and contains various E-M78 sub-haplogroups including E-V13 (7.3 %) that is common in Greece [10, 18, 35] and E-V22 (3.5 %), that is frequent in Egypt [10] and Sudan [49]. Another E-M35 related haplogroup, E-M34, previously reported in Asia Minor [31], Southern Levant [50, 51], and the Balkans [35] also was observed in Cyprus (10.3 %).


Now by my maths 87% of 7.3% is about 6.4% so that is the E-V13 contribution to Cyprus -
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: this is a must

Postby supporttheunderdog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:02 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:[
Although, when using the entire set of Y-chromosome haplogroup frequencies, the composition of Cyprus can be explained by contributions from Anatolia, Balkans, and Levant, the actual Greek contribution stood out for the Cypriot E-V13 (87 %), J2a-M67 (74 %), R1b-M269 (48 %), and G-P15 (17 %) components.


This is cherry picking and misquoting, that or misunderstanding, both are possible with you, since while 87% of E-V13 is likely to be of Greek Origin, E-V13 is only a small component of the genetic make up of Cypriots I think 7.3%

The complex genetic structure of Cyprus
Figure 1 presents the phylogenetic relationships and frequencies of the Y-chromosome lineages detected in the six districts of Cyprus. Like other populations in Anatolia and Lebanon, Cyprus exhibits a high level of haplogroup J2-M172 related diversity. J2a-M410 is the dominant Y-chromosome lineage, constituting 26.0 % of the overall Cypriot samples. J2b-M12/M102 splits into mainly J2b-M205 (5.9 %), frequent in Southern Levant (Additional file 5: Figure S2), and J2b-M241 (0.6 %), most frequent in Greece and the Balkans [20, 35]. Overall, the E-M35 haplogroup totals to 23.1 % and contains various E-M78 sub-haplogroups including E-V13 (7.3 %) that is common in Greece [10, 18, 35] and E-V22 (3.5 %), that is frequent in Egypt [10] and Sudan [49]. Another E-M35 related haplogroup, E-M34, previously reported in Asia Minor [31], Southern Levant [50, 51], and the Balkans [35] also was observed in Cyprus (10.3 %).


Now by my maths 87% of 7.3% is about 6.4% so that is the E-V13 contribution to Cyprus -
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests