The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


GR For President.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: GR For President.

Postby Cap » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Hehe, it was supposed to be Paphitis' job, but he forfeited!
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: GR For President.

Postby Sotos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:40 pm

You say GR is brainwashed? On the contrary, it is you and the vast majority of GC's that are brainwashed by books printed by Greece and taught in your schools.


The above is the most stupid argument ever. We are Greek so we had Greek books because we ASKED for them. Now we can we also print a lot of the books in Cyprus and they don't differ in any way in any relevant respect from those printed in Greece. The French get French books, the Germans get German books and the Greeks get Greek books. This is the NORM, not something strange. We were under foreign rulers for centuries, most of which Greece didn't even exist as an independent country, and yet we maintained our Greek identity... this seems to bother those who want to eliminate Hellenism from Cyprus. Hellenism survived in Cyprus for millennia without any books printed in Greece. The books didn't turn us into Greeks ... we asked for the Greek books BECAUSE we are Greek, and we wanted to be educated in our language. GR was raised abroad and he went to a foreign language school, then his parents brought him to Cyprus and threw him in a school were he didn't know the language properly and couldn't cope (I am guessing they couldn't afford to send him to the English School), and this apparently created some psychological issues to him. He wanted to blame somebody for this and he didn't want to blame himself or his parents, so he blamed the teachers and his school.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10646
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: GR For President.

Postby tsukoui » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Sotos wrote:
You say GR is brainwashed? On the contrary, it is you and the vast majority of GC's that are brainwashed by books printed by Greece and taught in your schools.


The above is the most stupid argument ever. We are Greek so we had Greek books because we ASKED for them. Now we can we also print a lot of the books in Cyprus and they don't differ in any way in any relevant respect from those printed in Greece. The French get French books, the Germans get German books and the Greeks get Greek books. This is the NORM, not something strange. We were under foreign rulers for centuries, most of which Greece didn't even exist as an independent country, and yet we maintained our Greek identity... this seems to bother those who want to eliminate Hellenism from Cyprus. Hellenism survived in Cyprus for millennia without any books printed in Greece. The books didn't turn us into Greeks ... we asked for the Greek books BECAUSE we are Greek, and we wanted to be educated in our language. GR was raised abroad and he went to a foreign language school, then his parents brought him to Cyprus and threw him in a school were he didn't know the language properly and couldn't cope (I am guessing they couldn't afford to send him to the English School), and this apparently created some psychological issues to him. He wanted to blame somebody for this and he didn't want to blame himself or his parents, so he blamed the teachers and his school.

The Greek we are taught at school is German Greek... it took Kazantzakis to reveal the real Greek and he was ex-communicated for it... the country of Modern Greece was invented by the Germans to shore up their ideas about being the inheritors of civilization... they wiped the Ottoman influence from the region as much as possible... the people living there basically swapped one foreign power for another...
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:I have always admired GR for his honesty and integrity. He is educated, smart and an all-round nice guy. I am convinced he would make an excellent politician and I can see him go all the way to the top. Go on GR, get involved.

Programming is so much more satisfying than politics and besides… who in the right mind would want to run this crazy place full of brainwashed traitors! :roll:

You would need to start with the dismantling and replacement of the ministry of education and probably wait for a good 20 years before the first true Cypriots graduate into society! :lol:

Oh what a hopeless situation... :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:03 pm

erolz66 wrote:...on occasion post the most prattish views, like those on the police thugs recently convicted of beating up someone held in prison,

I believe in law and order so I have no problem with cops beating the crap out of someone for not complying with standard procedures and screwing the system around for so long… I really hate those types but it seems you think they’re ok! Are you a hippy or something? :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Sotos wrote:Why would he make an excellent politician? Because he can write nonsense and lies like the above? :lol: Make him a "president" of your pseudo-state. In Cyprus he would get less votes than Outopos :lol:

Ha! You'd be the first to vote for me... :)

I know you...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Cap wrote:Ok, I'll take over General for the armed forces.

The job is yours for a small fee... err, how much you got? 8)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Cap wrote:Hehe, it was supposed to be Paphitis' job, but he forfeited!

Paphitis would make a good cleaning lady. :D

And the two stooges (Kurupet+Yialoser) would probably make good gardeners... :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:24 pm

tsukoui wrote:The Greek we are taught at school is German Greek... it took Kazantzakis to reveal the real Greek and he was ex-communicated for it... the country of Modern Greece was invented by the Germans to shore up their ideas about being the inheritors of civilization... they wiped the Ottoman influence from the region as much as possible... the people living there basically swapped one foreign power for another...

Vote for me and I promise to increase your enemas to 3 times a day! 8)

Last edited by Get Real! on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40392
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: GR For President.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Have there ever been any female assassins of Presidents? One wonders ....

:D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests