The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:12 pm

YES HE SHOULD PAY
8
50%
NO HE SHOULD NOT PAY
8
50%
 
Total votes : 16

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Kikapu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:41 am

Tim, great post.

I'm afraid, the break up of the UK won't just stop with Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales, Gibraltar and even little Falkland Islands, all deciding to leave the union than be ruled by far right racists future UK governments. There is now a major split in England also between those wanting to be in the EU and by those wanting to be out of the EU. This is going to create a major challenges to the British citizens living in England. I can see revolts against the government by the EU wanting camps where they will even sabotage the government in every way they can to eventually break up England also. You cannot ignore 7-10 million people living in London whom by large majority wanted to remain in the EU. Will London eventually want to become it's own "country" and team up with the other UK territories who wants to remain in the EU? In all honesty, I can't see how any politician who voted to leave the EU can govern the country as a prime minister from 10 Downing street. I don't think Londoners will allow it, as the example was given with the booing of Boris Johnson as he left his home Friday morning after the referendum vote. I have the feeling, the revolution is about to begin in the UK rather than being over and won by the far right.
Last edited by Kikapu on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby miltiades » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 am

Much discussion is today taking place in the British media concerning the prospects of a second EU referendum.

A petition has attracted much interest thus far 2.5 million casting a vote on line. There is also much discussion on the parliament rejecting the outcome of the recent referendum.

The process of officially leaving the EU can only be initiated by the British government by invoking article 50 , as Cameron has already stated that he will not do so but that the new PM should do so. The clown will have the ...honour of doing so in around three months time.

Who knows what the state of the economy will be in three months time, will Britain have already begun the journey to financial oblivion, will more multinational companies announce their re location to Europe as EasyJet have done as well as a part withdrawal by HSBC ?

Three months is a very long time in politics, the possibility of a second referendum although according to some experts highly unlikely, might become a reality.

Over the next few weeks the adverse affects of leaving the EU will emerge prominently. Perhaps the 75% of voters under the age of 30 who voted to remain will demand a second referendum.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 03061.html
Last edited by miltiades on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16321
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Schnauzer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:48 am

miltiades wrote:My own opinion is that this result has heralded the break up of the UK.



And a bloody good job too !, the UK and it's bloodthirsty buddies have broken up so many countries in the past, 'Poetic Justice' had to eventually raise it's head.

Incidentally..., to ALL you would be great political pundits, may I (as a humble member of the human race) offer you some food for thought ?.

WE (and I refer to the vast majority of those who don the cloak of democracy) were in the shit yesterday, are in the shit today and will be in the shit tomorrow.

That's the way of politics, colour it which way you like, that's the way the game is played, ever has been, ever will be. :wink:
User avatar
Schnauzer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: Touring Timbuktu.

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am

I think a more interesting prospect may be a snap election in which parties with a pro-EU mandate win a majority (which I am not saying is highly probable but it's not impossible, either). The Liberal Democrats are already basing their platform on reapplication for EU membership should the UK leave. Sadly, the UK would then lose the special status it previously had as an old member with the ability to opt out of various things (e.g. the euro). Ironically, UKIP may end up having destroyed the pound as well as the UK.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:08 am

Regarding the poll yes he should pay to regain his dignity. He acted like a stupid "gavur" playing games and he thought otherwise. He accepted the bet and he lost.There are no excuses.
HOWEVER he had a very good point on the matter of American involvement, albeit it was very improbable it would ever reach the point of rigged results.

Now on the matter of the UK leaving the EU my personal opinion was that it should stay not because everything would be bright but because the losses from leaving would be higher at least for the next decade.

Imo referenda for joining or leaving the EU should not be based on the 50+% but some higher figure say 60+% because that's a very important and somehow risky decision that would affect whole generations.

There are countries that don't want the UK in the EU, France for one, they now got the golden opportunity to kick her out. Politically the UK is an enemy of Cyprus in all respects in the EU. I can't count the times they tried all sorts of machinations against us in the EU in cooperation with their scandinavian Turkish clients. I am glad they would leave. I am glad I will soon stop seeing British carpetbaggers shopping at the supermarkets in Nicosia. At the same time I am sad for honest British people like Tim but unfortunately in this world we all pay collectively.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Kikapu wrote:Tim, great post.

I'm afraid, the break up of the UK won't just stop with Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales, Gibraltar and even little Falkland Islands, all deciding to leave the union than be ruled by far right racists future UK governments. There is now a major split in England also between those wanting to be in the EU and by those wanting to be out of the EU. This is going to create a major challenges to the British citizens living in England. I can see revolts against the government by the EU wanting camps where they will even sabotage the government in every way they can to eventually break up England also. You cannot ignore 7-10 million people living in London whom by large majority wanted to remain in the EU. Will London eventually want to become it's own "country" and team up with the other UK territories who wants to remain in the EU? In all honesty, I can't see how any politician who voted to leave the EU can govern the country as a prime minister from 10 Downing street. I don't think Londoners will allow it, as the example was given with the booing of Boris Johnson as he left his home Friday morning after the referendum vote. I have the feeling, the revolution is about to begin in the UK rather than being over and won by the far right.


I wonder ... there is now a petition calling on Mayor Sadiq Khan to declare London independent, and apply to join the EU!

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-dec ... oin-the-eu
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Regarding the poll yes he should pay to regain his dignity. He acted like a stupid "gavur" playing games and he thought otherwise. He accepted the bet and he lost.There are no excuses.


So, GR! said he would do something and regardless of mitigating circumstances he has to stand by it?

Pyrpolizer wrote:Now on the matter of the UK leaving the EU my personal opinion was that it should stay not because everything would be bright but because the losses from leaving would be higher at least for the next decade.


So, the UK said they would do something but because of mitigating circumstances they do not have to stand by it?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Kikapu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Tim, great post.

I'm afraid, the break up of the UK won't just stop with Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales, Gibraltar and even little Falkland Islands, all deciding to leave the union than be ruled by far right racists future UK governments. There is now a major split in England also between those wanting to be in the EU and by those wanting to be out of the EU. This is going to create a major challenges to the British citizens living in England. I can see revolts against the government by the EU wanting camps where they will even sabotage the government in every way they can to eventually break up England also. You cannot ignore 7-10 million people living in London whom by large majority wanted to remain in the EU. Will London eventually want to become it's own "country" and team up with the other UK territories who wants to remain in the EU? In all honesty, I can't see how any politician who voted to leave the EU can govern the country as a prime minister from 10 Downing street. I don't think Londoners will allow it, as the example was given with the booing of Boris Johnson as he left his home Friday morning after the referendum vote. I have the feeling, the revolution is about to begin in the UK rather than being over and won by the far right.


I wonder ... there is now a petition calling on Mayor Sadiq Khan to declare London independent, and apply to join the EU!

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-dec ... oin-the-eu


I always try to be ahead of the curve with my parallel thinking, Tim. :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Tim, great post.

I'm afraid, the break up of the UK won't just stop with Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales, Gibraltar and even little Falkland Islands, all deciding to leave the union than be ruled by far right racists future UK governments. There is now a major split in England also between those wanting to be in the EU and by those wanting to be out of the EU. This is going to create a major challenges to the British citizens living in England. I can see revolts against the government by the EU wanting camps where they will even sabotage the government in every way they can to eventually break up England also. You cannot ignore 7-10 million people living in London whom by large majority wanted to remain in the EU. Will London eventually want to become it's own "country" and team up with the other UK territories who wants to remain in the EU? In all honesty, I can't see how any politician who voted to leave the EU can govern the country as a prime minister from 10 Downing street. I don't think Londoners will allow it, as the example was given with the booing of Boris Johnson as he left his home Friday morning after the referendum vote. I have the feeling, the revolution is about to begin in the UK rather than being over and won by the far right.


I wonder ... there is now a petition calling on Mayor Sadiq Khan to declare London independent, and apply to join the EU!

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-dec ... oin-the-eu


And so another prophecy will be fulfilled ........ Londonistan! :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: SHOULD GR PAY UP ?

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:35 pm

The Guinness World Records just called… they’re looking for the loser who’s had the most FAILS in the history of online polls! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40393
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest