The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Historic photos

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: Historic photos

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:57 pm

The sad fact is, there were so many Greeks killed by Turks, there was never time to stop and photograph them all.

Do you have room to catalogue more than 3,000 women, children and elderly folk killed by Turks just in the space of a few days in 1974?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Historic photos

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

read my post one more time. its not me telling you that it was my gc friend telling me that ffs.

lets try another post. my gc friend told me in the 70s that those pictures were of gc civilians killed by the tergs and the tergs put the crescent star on their necks to claim that they were tcs. it was the gc media that claimed they were gcs killed by the terggs. tcs knew the victims becasue their male relatives were taken away and came back to find their wives and children murdered.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Historic photos

Postby RichardB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:10 am

Lordo wrote:read my post one more time. its not me telling you that it was my gc friend telling me that ffs.

lets try another post. my gc friend told me in the 70s that those pictures were of gc civilians killed by the tergs and the tergs put the crescent star on their necks to claim that they were tcs. it was the gc media that claimed they were gcs killed by the terggs. tcs knew the victims becasue their male relatives were taken away and came back to find their wives and children murdered.


WE sorry Lordo I don't understand
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: Historic photos

Postby kurupetos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:22 am

miltiades wrote:
RichardB wrote:Parakalo doste mia pigi gia fotografie

Then we can comment

Efxaristo
wonder if he can also translate for me the following:
It is in Greek, not Greek Cypriot.
yia pes pou tin ennia tis akolouthis : Pnevmati Afipnisis kathorizete otan to pnevma .....
I

He's probably a Greek-speaking Turk, like Huseyin Zeibek.

Image
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Historic photos

Postby kurupetos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:26 am

mistermax wrote:
RichardB wrote:
mistermax wrote:I have asked to pick a photo and I will give you the evidence you need. Please understand it is very diff. for me to write all those stories.


OK tell me the facts behind the ladies crying..Please note I said facts not some istoria apo tin xorkon


The photo was taken in 1964 at limassol, by british War Photographer Don McCullin.

Here how he labels the photo "Turkish woman, with her son, learning of the death of her husband killed by Greek militia, Gaziveren, Cyprus, 1964"

http://www.americansuburbx.com/2013/05/ ... -2006.html

:idea: Was it when Greek Cypriot air force attacked Adana?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Historic photos

Postby kurupetos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:28 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Viewpoint has made the same accusations as this guy. He makes some similar basic grammatical errors.

Why the need to pretend he's a Greek?

I don't need to change my id to make a point - the *name* is irrelevant (YFred) - I always let people know when I've had to have a name change.

:lol: YFred was like a cousin to me... No... wait a moment... he was my brother! :evil:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Historic photos

Postby mistermax » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 am

Image
User avatar
mistermax
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Historic photos

Postby mistermax » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 am

Zac says: "It was in fact Turkish soldiers who killed the Ilhan family as confirmed by other Turkish Cypriots!!"


I remember as a kid, being told that the Bath Murderers were by TCs.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

at the same link, a well said post

"A test for Dummies Greeks and Pseudo Cypriots in the Southern Hell
1.Who tried to make a coupe d'etat against the legal President Makarios in 1974?

a)Cylons
b)Disney World
c)Greek Junta+Nicos Sampson the ripper

2.Who were the Gaurantor countries of the Cyprus
independent state which was fromed with London/Zurich agreements in 1960?

a)Dart wader,Mickey Mouse,Donald Duck
b)Aborgines,eskimos and Afganistan
c)Turkey,UK,Greece

3.3.Why Turkish army went to Cyprus to intervent in 1974?

a)Summers are beautiful in Cyprus
b)Turks were very happy to be killed by the Greek cypriots
c)To save Turks as a guarantor country

4.Did Turkey warn Greek junta and UK Government before the intervention?

a)No they have warned Kolonaki bars to stop drinking
b)No Turks warned the girls in Aia Nappa larnaca
c)yes but both countries slept on their ears

the Athens court of appeal, in its decision of March 21, 1979, Greek Court of Cassation (in case no. 2658/79)held that Turkey's intervention in Cyprus was legal according to Zurich and London treaties in 1960 which were signed by Greece/Turkey/UK"

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/cyprus ... V7342Q53BG
User avatar
mistermax
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Historic photos

Postby miltiades » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:09 am

mistermax wrote:Zac says: "It was in fact Turkish soldiers who killed the Ilhan family as confirmed by other Turkish Cypriots!!"


I remember as a kid, being told that the Bath Murderers were by TCs.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

at the same link, a well said post

"A test for Dummies Greeks and Pseudo Cypriots in the Southern Hell
1.Who tried to make a coupe d'etat against the legal President Makarios in 1974?

a)Cylons
b)Disney World
c)Greek Junta+Nicos Sampson the ripper

2.Who were the Gaurantor countries of the Cyprus
independent state which was fromed with London/Zurich agreements in 1960?

a)Dart wader,Mickey Mouse,Donald Duck
b)Aborgines,eskimos and Afganistan
c)Turkey,UK,Greece

3.3.Why Turkish army went to Cyprus to intervent in 1974?

a)Summers are beautiful in Cyprus
b)Turks were very happy to be killed by the Greek cypriots
c)To save Turks as a guarantor country

4.Did Turkey warn Greek junta and UK Government before the intervention?

a)No they have warned Kolonaki bars to stop drinking
b)No Turks warned the girls in Aia Nappa larnaca
c)yes but both countries slept on their ears

the Athens court of appeal, in its decision of March 21, 1979, Greek Court of Cassation (in case no. 2658/79)held that Turkey's intervention in Cyprus was legal according to Zurich and London treaties in 1960 which were signed by Greece/Turkey/UK"

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/cyprus ... V7342Q53BG

You obviously have an axe to grind. As I said earlier if you are half Greek and half G/C then Im an Arab.
What drove you to be pretending that you are what you say you are is beyond me. Why not come clear and tell us that you are as Greek as ....Mohamed the so called prophet!!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16348
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Historic photos

Postby mistermax » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:29 am

miltiades wrote:
You obviously have an axe to grind.
As I said earlier if you are half Greek and half G/C then Im an Arab.
What drove you to be pretending that you are what you say you are is beyond me.
Why not come clear and tell us that you are as Greek as ....Mohamed the so called prophet!!


1-nope, just tell the truth, learn our history and dont do the same mistakes
2-ok, you are an arab, but i do not see how our nationality changes the truth. I could be an amish or inuit, and still facts are facts.
3-I am not pretending, you are incompetent to understand that someone can acknowledge the atrocities of his co-patriots.
4-I am atheist. But now talking about Mohamed, I find it pretty funny you christians are making fun of the 71 virgins of islam's paradise and do not see anything strange that you will be living in an immaterial, invisible world praying to god.
User avatar
mistermax
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests