The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Immovable property tax

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Immovable property tax

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 am

As far as I know the amount payable has been reduced and it will be scrapped next year, but we still have to pay immovable property tax this year. I seem to recall that the payment slips had arrived in the post by this time last year. I haven't received one yet. Should I have by now?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby B25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:16 am

The 2016 bills will be sent out sometime in Sept 2016.

There is a 75% reduction if you pay before end of 31 Oct. next year it is scrapped.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

B25 wrote:The 2016 bills will be sent out sometime in Sept 2016.

There is a 75% reduction if you pay before end of 31 Oct. next year it is scrapped.


Many thanks. I thought they came in late July/early August last year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, or perhaps they are sending them later this year.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby B25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
B25 wrote:The 2016 bills will be sent out sometime in Sept 2016.

There is a 75% reduction if you pay before end of 31 Oct. next year it is scrapped.


Many thanks. I thought they came in late July/early August last year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, or perhaps they are sending them later this year.


They are sending them later due to the change in the law and its implementation.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 pm

B25 wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
B25 wrote:The 2016 bills will be sent out sometime in Sept 2016.

There is a 75% reduction if you pay before end of 31 Oct. next year it is scrapped.


Many thanks. I thought they came in late July/early August last year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, or perhaps they are sending them later this year.


They are sending them later due to the change in the law and its implementation.


Right. Ta.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:As far as I know the amount payable has been reduced and it will be scrapped next year, but we still have to pay immovable property tax this year. I seem to recall that the payment slips had arrived in the post by this time last year. I haven't received one yet. Should I have by now?



Ahem; I have never received anything... Does it mean I am in trouble - foreclosure sale next?
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby B25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Means you need to go to the tax office and register your property if not done so.

Maybe back taxes to pay if not done and when you want to sell they'll make you pay then plus penalties.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:05 pm

B25 wrote:Means you need to go to the tax office and register your property if not done so.

Maybe back taxes to pay if not done and when you want to sell they'll make you pay then plus penalties.



Where would this office be located in the Larnaca region?

2 years ago a bunch of guys came to measure every inch of the house/property. I thought this would be something to consider the taxes, but never heard anything since then.
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby B25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 pm

CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
B25 wrote:Means you need to go to the tax office and register your property if not done so.

Maybe back taxes to pay if not done and when you want to sell they'll make you pay then plus penalties.



Where would this office be located in the Larnaca region?

2 years ago a bunch of guys came to measure every inch of the house/property. I thought this would be something to consider the taxes, but never heard anything since then.


I believe the tax office i Larnaca is situated just behind the fire station on the corner of the major cross road.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Immovable property tax

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Taxpayers will receive in the next few days their bills for immovable property tax (IPT) ...


http://cyprus-mail.com/2016/08/31/huge- ... ipt-bills/
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos


Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests