The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Checkmate, Atheists

We all need a good laugh.

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Flying Horse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:07 pm

mistermax wrote:I am not the one with 16923 posts. :roll: 8)


Don't worry, the amount of clap trap you post, you'll soon have that number!
User avatar
Flying Horse
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby tsukoui » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Será necesario que el Senado cierre el proceso de impeachment, reconociendo ante las pruebas irrefutables que no hubo crimen de responsabilidad, que soy inocente
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:00 am

God and Saint Peter are sitting together at the Pearly Gates one day, when Saint Peter asks God if He enjoyed his recent vacation to Earth.

God thunders, "Earth?, Earth?, don't talk to me about earth!!", ...

..."met a girl named Mary, and they're still talking about it."
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby mistermax » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 am

repulsewarrior wrote:God and Saint Peter are sitting together at the Pearly Gates one day, when Saint Peter asks God if He enjoyed his recent vacation to Earth.

God thunders, "Earth?, Earth?, don't talk to me about earth!!", ...

..."met a girl named Mary, and they're still talking about it."



lol!
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... ebook-post :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpXr-1HQoo
User avatar
mistermax
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Schnauzer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:43 pm

To those of you who consider it amusing to ridicule others who may have faith in the existence of an almighty deity (whosoever or whatsoever it may be) or those who feel that by declaring themselves 'Atheist' they are somehow exhibiting some worldly quality which others do not possess, I will put you a case.

ANY person who has experienced the dying moments of a friend (or even enemy) will have noticed a rather peculiar phenomenon, that in EVERY case, in the last moments before the final breath is taken, the near departed (be they 'Atheist' or otherwise) will turn to the very subject they apparently despised throughout their lives.

As a matter of fact, it is accepted among those who have made their careers studying the attitudes of confirmed non-believers that their declarations (or terms of ridicule) are usually an ill-conceived attempt to portray themselves as courageous.

The opposite is (of course) the true measure of their courage and is most likely an example of the most courageous action they have ever undertaken.

When YOUR time comes (Oh Courageous 'Atheist' and spreader of blasphemy) try to remember the words of 'Schnauzer'......I will be your comfort and you will pass from this life peacefully.

These are the facts.....anyone who has had the experience aforementioned will KNOW it and perhaps devote a little time to those who do not.

The supposed humour of that which has been written is NOT appreciated (by those who lack the 'Valour' to ridicule the 'Almighty') nor is it a sign of sound judgement, it rather smacks of a naughty schoolchild vying for attention in the vain hope of impressing someone. :roll:
User avatar
Schnauzer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: Touring Timbuktu.

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Linichka » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Well said, Schnauzer.

The jokes and rants were very childish.
Linichka
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Atheist » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am

A thread about Atheism? I have to comment on this!

I don't care what people believe in as long as they do not try to impose their religion on others and as long as the state treats everybody the same without discriminating (why should the Church pay less taxes than the rest of us?)

Beyond that everybody is free to believe whatever. If it makes you happier to believe that there is a God that loves you and you are able to believe such thing then more power to you. This is the only life you will ever get so whatever helps you feel better is good for you (as long as your blind beliefs are not used by others to exploit you)

That said I doubt that most people who claim to be religious truly believe in God and the fairytales of the Church.

Those who truly believe in a God and an afterlife would not fear death and would not care much about the problems of this life since our time on earth would be literally nothing compared to the eternity which they expect to live in paradise. All they would need to worry about is how to be good Christians (or Muslims etc).

However the reality is the opposite. Most of those supposedly religious people fear death like everybody else, and their aim in life seems to be to gain as much wealth as possible, even though Jesus said:

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 19:24


Not to mention the stealing, adultery and all the other "sins" that are committed by people who are trying by all means, even illegal, to get something in this short life, while they don't seem to care at all about the eternity that supposedly will follow.

So it is quite obvious that they do not truly believe in God, paradise etc, and they know that this life is the only one that they will ever get. Religious people want to believe all those fairytales because those nice lies would make them feel better, but unfortunately for them those stories are so obviously untrue, that even most religious people can't truly believe in them no matter how much they are trying to convince themselves.
Atheist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Get Real! » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:38 am

Atheist wrote:A thread about Atheism? I have to comment on this!

I don't care what people believe in as long as they do not try to impose their religion on others and as long as the state treats everybody the same without discriminating (why should the Church pay less taxes than the rest of us?)

Beyond that everybody is free to believe whatever. If it makes you happier to believe that there is a God that loves you and you are able to believe such thing then more power to you. This is the only life you will ever get so whatever helps you feel better is good for you (as long as your blind beliefs are not used by others to exploit you)

That said I doubt that most people who claim to be religious truly believe in God and the fairytales of the Church.

Those who truly believe in a God and an afterlife would not fear death and would not care much about the problems of this life since our time on earth would be literally nothing compared to the eternity which they expect to live in paradise. All they would need to worry about is how to be good Christians (or Muslims etc).

However the reality is the opposite. Most of those supposedly religious people fear death like everybody else, and their aim in life seems to be to gain as much wealth as possible, even though Jesus said:

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 19:24


Not to mention the stealing, adultery and all the other "sins" that are committed by people who are trying by all means, even illegal, to get something in this short life, while they don't seem to care at all about the eternity that supposedly will follow.

So it is quite obvious that they do not truly believe in God, paradise etc, and they know that this life is the only one that they will ever get. Religious people want to believe all those fairytales because those nice lies would make them feel better, but unfortunately for them those stories are so obviously untrue, that even most religious people can't truly believe in them no matter how much they are trying to convince themselves.

It appears that you’re looking for excuses to be stupid on the grounds that you’ve seen many others that are stupid. I guess it must feel comfortable in the flock of stupid! :lol:

It reminds me of the LA riots where the most popular excuse when caught looting was “Everyone else is doing it”! :roll:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby mistermax » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:52 am

Schnauzer wrote: ANY person who has experienced the dying moments of a friend (or even enemy) will have noticed a rather peculiar phenomenon, that in EVERY case, in the last moments before the final breath is taken, the near departed (be they 'Atheist' or otherwise) will turn to the very subject they apparently despised throughout their lives.

As a matter of fact, it is accepted among those who have made their careers studying the attitudes of confirmed non-believers that their declarations (or terms of ridicule) are usually an ill-conceived attempt to portray themselves as courageous.

The opposite is (of course) the true measure of their courage and is most likely an example of the most courageous action they have ever undertaken.

When YOUR time comes (Oh Courageous 'Atheist' and spreader of blasphemy) try to remember the words of 'Schnauzer'......I will be your comfort and you will pass from this life peacefully.




Care to share any evidence?

Belief in God or courageousness or peacefulness or other subjective thoughts doesn't mean there is god.
User avatar
mistermax
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Atheist » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:19 am

I am looking for excuses for what exactly? It is clear that you are the stupid one since apparently you didn't even understand what I wrote.

You are the one who belongs to a "flock" and you believe whatever most around you do, not me.

The "problem" is that you don't truly believe what you claim you do, because even you are not that stupid.

There are examples of people who truly believe those lies. Take for example the Islamist suicide bombers. Those people truly believe that by blowing themselves up and killing "infidels" they will actually go to paradise. They do not fear death, they do not care about their life, because they truly believe that there is something better for them after death. The way they choose to live and die proves that they indeed fully believe the lies of their religion.

Another, positive, example would be a religious person who lives in accordance to the rules of his religion, doesn't care about making lots of money or achieving fame, doesn't fear death and lives a happy life free from any kind of worries believing that no matter what happens in this life is irrelevant, because what matters is the next eternal one. Ignorance can be a bliss, and people who are stupid enough to truly believe the lies of religion can actually be lucky in a way. It is like being a 3 year old for your whole life!

My point is that most religious people are not like the examples above. They want to believe those lies because it would make them feel better but they can't do it and the way they choose to live their lives proves this.
Atheist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Jokes and Enigmas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests