The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Checkmate, Atheists

We all need a good laugh.

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:OK. Let's look at something a bit bigger. Here is a diagram showing the relative sizes and positions of the planets in our solar system. I just see random sizes and positions. Where's the symmetry?

I'm confident that I have proven that the universe exhibits an intelligent designer, something that is also obvious to the human eye.

You however, could argue that you don't like what you see till the cows come home!

I think the ball is now in your court to explain how these pretty objects came about from an explosion given that explosions are DESTRUCTORS (<-- to use a programming term) and not CONSTRUCTORS.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Lordo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:25 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:OK. Let's look at something a bit bigger. Here is a diagram showing the relative sizes and positions of the planets in our solar system. I just see random sizes and positions. Where's the symmetry?

I'm confident that I have proven that the universe exhibits an intelligent designer, something that is also obvious to the human eye.

You however, could argue that you don't like what you see till the cows come home!

I think the ball is now in your court to explain how these pretty objects came about from an explosion given that explosions are DESTRUCTORS (<-- to use a programming term) and not CONSTRUCTORS.

are you as confident that a lamb tamed the lion just before it was eaten.


gravity is the answer gr uimmu
it is gravity between objects which pulls them together and
it is gravity which causes rainfall and
it is gravity which allows life not only to form but to continue to prosper evolving to make best use of the environemt.

what happens to a glass of water if it is poured out of a glass in space gr, what shape does it form.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:OK. Let's look at something a bit bigger. Here is a diagram showing the relative sizes and positions of the planets in our solar system. I just see random sizes and positions. Where's the symmetry?

I'm confident that I have proven that the universe exhibits an intelligent designer, something that is also obvious to the human eye.


I'm sorry, but I'm looking hard and it is not at all obvious to my eye. Your argument seems to be that you see it, and anybody who doesn't is stupid. Which will get us nowhere.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Lordo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:36 pm

whats worse is the fact that he does not see gas clouds billions of miles away picked up by the most powerful telescopes we have here and in space and see how new galaxies are being formed as we speak.

grs understanding of the universe is less than a two years olds' and his debating ability is even less. and there he was thinking he is a master debator. he is a master alright......................only of bating.
i like the uniformity of this picture it is obviously being created by god as we speak. no wonder he has no time for us to help us with our problem with the yanks and the big corporations on earth and how they are destroying the earth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 pm

It seems the further you go out, and thus the further back in time you go, the less ordered and symmetrical galaxies are. Apparently galaxies in spiral shape like our Milky Way didn't appear in the first 3.6 million years of the universe. These orderly galaxies then started to appear out of earlier chaotic forms as the universe settled down and became more orderly. In other words, these fairly symmetrical shapes (and they are not perfectly symmetrical - they only approximate to symmetry) arose from the workings of natural forces and were not their original shapes. In other words, if galaxies were created, thanks to powerful telescopes we can observe that they were not initially created in these shapes.

http://www.space.com/24642-spiral-galax ... ained.html
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Lordo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:25 pm

perhaps gr needs to be reminded the fact when he looks at these pictures he is not looking at a 2-dimensional picture it is 3 diensional. i wonder if he has got to the concept of 3 dimensions yet.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Lordo wrote:perhaps gr needs to be reminded the fact when he looks at these pictures he is not looking at a 2-dimensional picture it is 3 diensional. i wonder if he has got to the concept of 3 dimensions yet.

But you can't even spell "dimensional"... :lol:

Anyways... I'm busy tonight.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Get Real! wrote:I think the ball is now in your court to explain how these pretty objects came about from an explosion given that explosions are DESTRUCTORS (<-- to use a programming term) and not CONSTRUCTORS.


There are many examples were apparently destructive initial forces then lead to emergence of life. For example, volcanoes erupt and burn and destroy everything in the path of the lava flow. Then eventually, bacteria start to multiply and seedlings grow and before long a whole ecosystem has arisen - after what was initially *destructive*.

Same with forests fires. They destroy and then things can grow.

Plus, our Sun is a great big burning ball of fire which by your assumption would be *destructive*. But we can survive a certain distance away. So we coexist with a *destructive* force, more than coexist - depend on!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby miltiades » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm

[quote="Get Real?[/quote]
I'm confident that I have proven that the universe exhibits an intelligent designer, something that is also obvious to the human eye.
quote]
You are ....confident that you have proven what, you plonker. :lol: :lol:
The only thing you have proven is your blatant stupidity :lol: :lol:
You dismiss science as if utterly irrelevant and adhere to mythology written by primitive men.
:lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16322
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Checkmate, Atheists

Postby miltiades » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 pm

If you would like to understand how imaginary God is, all that you have to do is listen to God's spokespeople, GR and the Pervert Jihadi sympathiser, as well a couple of ELAM disciples, such devotees in many cases are lunatics. If there actually were a God, and if he actually had anything to do with love, he would silence these people because they are an absolute embarrassment. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16322
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Jokes and Enigmas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest