The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:09 am

...and Denktash?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby Lordo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:15 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...and Denktash?

rw the cyprus problem goes back to end of the second world war and the american fear of communism spreading. the root of the problem is the cold war. what dengtash did or kucuk did is insignificant. terggy certainly was not involved in cyprus before the brits contacted zorlu in the late 50s when they were trying to deal with eoka. facts are facts.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby kurupetos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...and Denktash?

rw the cyprus problem goes back to end of the second world war and the american fear of communism spreading. the root of the problem is the cold war. what dengtash did or kucuk did is insignificant. terggy certainly was not involved in cyprus before the brits contacted zorlu in the late 50s when they were trying to deal with eoka. facts are facts.

That's why you should realize that the future will be different than the Turkish plans.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 pm

...indeed, the Annan Plan failed, and with it fifty years of Turkish Foreign Policy.

What the "GCs" will not like is exactly the same thing the "TCs" will not like. Cypriots will hold the Agenda, for Cyprus, not them.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=sOm5IH ... us&f=false

...speaking of the past beginnings you might say, Turkey was most certainly involved, then as now. Turkey, is the Cyprus Problem.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby Lordo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...indeed, the Annan Plan failed, and with it fifty years of Turkish Foreign Policy.

What the "GCs" will not like is exactly the same thing the "TCs" will not like. Cypriots will hold the Agenda, for Cyprus, not them.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=sOm5IH ... us&f=false

...speaking of the past beginnings you might say, Turkey was most certainly involved, then as now. Turkey, is the Cyprus Problem.

yeah right, cyprus has no other problem like being able to deal with thugs from elam. of course rw what ever you say mate.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 pm

...there is no denying it.

Cypriots pay a heavy price because there exist among them those "Greek" and "Turkish", not much different, but who see themselves deserving and superior; i don't abide the notion that if one is wrong the other is right.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby kurupetos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...indeed, the Annan Plan failed, and with it fifty years of Turkish Foreign Policy.

What the "GCs" will not like is exactly the same thing the "TCs" will not like. Cypriots will hold the Agenda, for Cyprus, not them.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=sOm5IH ... us&f=false

...speaking of the past beginnings you might say, Turkey was most certainly involved, then as now. Turkey, is the Cyprus Problem.

yeah right, cyprus has no other problem like being able to deal with thugs from elam. of course rw what ever you say mate.

Who can, reh gatsigorona? ELAM is a political party. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17938
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby Oceanside50 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:46 pm

This is for you koLordo and mrH, this is what you'll get from the Greek Cypriots on referendum day

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6AmODAuh0
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:56 pm

...the big finger, to "them", is losing, to Cypriots.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: What the GCs will NOT like about a Federal Cyprus

Postby Jerry » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...and Denktash?

rw the cyprus problem goes back to end of the second world war and the american fear of communism spreading. the root of the problem is the cold war. what dengtash did or kucuk did is insignificant. terggy certainly was not involved in cyprus before the brits contacted zorlu in the late 50s when they were trying to deal with eoka. facts are facts.


Get your facts right, Turkey renewed its claim to Cyprus as soon as it realised that Britain was starting to think about leaving Cyprus along with other its colonies. Zorlu actually said as much at the London Conference despite the fact that Turkey had abandoned all claims to Cyprus when it signed the Treaty of Lausanne.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests