The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Classic Browser feedback...

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

At a quick glance how do you find the appearance of this browser?

I think it sucks big time!
1
20%
It’s pretty average…
2
40%
Looks pretty good.
0
No votes
Quite impressive.
1
20%
Astronomically brilliant!
1
20%
Other...
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 5

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:09 am

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Nonsense! You are so clueless it is not even funny... but I am going to laugh anyway :lol: Local cache is way faster than downloading something over the internat. Chrome can load assets from the cache in just a matter of a couple of milliseconds max, while downloading the same assets from the internet can take 100s of milliseconds for each file. Here are the results from my 12Mbit connection for the cyprus forum with and without cache:

How did you disable cache Sotiraki? Explain how/where you did that... :lol:


Should I teach you even the basics now GR? In the Chrome developer tools (you can get to them by pressing F12) in the Network tab there is a "disable cache" option. You can see that option is checked in the second image.

Here’s what I want you to do Sotos…

Step 1: Disable cache like you say you can.

Step 2: Paste chrome://View-Http-Cache/ in your address bar and press [enter].

Step 3: Capture the screen and post it here.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:35 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:Nonsense! You are so clueless it is not even funny... but I am going to laugh anyway :lol: Local cache is way faster than downloading something over the internat. Chrome can load assets from the cache in just a matter of a couple of milliseconds max, while downloading the same assets from the internet can take 100s of milliseconds for each file. Here are the results from my 12Mbit connection for the cyprus forum with and without cache:

How did you disable cache Sotiraki? Explain how/where you did that... :lol:


Should I teach you even the basics now GR? In the Chrome developer tools (you can get to them by pressing F12) in the Network tab there is a "disable cache" option. You can see that option is checked in the second image.

Here’s what I want you to do Sotos…

Step 1: Disable cache like you say you can.

Step 2: Paste chrome://View-Http-Cache/ in your address bar and press [enter].

Step 3: Capture the screen and post it here.


Don't you have Chrome on your computer GR? Its a free download ;) Even if you hate them, you should have Chrome installed for comparison reasons.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 am

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Here’s what I want you to do Sotos…

Step 1: Disable cache like you say you can.

Step 2: Paste chrome://View-Http-Cache/ in your address bar and press [enter].

Step 3: Capture the screen and post it here.


Don't you have Chrome on your computer GR? Its a free download ;) Even if you hate them, you should have Chrome installed for comparison reasons.

:? What kind of a response is that?

You claim to have disabled cache, so prove it to me by following my simple instructions.

I only need to see the top half of your captured screen. If it makes you feel better send me the image in a PM.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:52 am

The cache is there obviously, but by disabling it the files in the cache are not used and chrome re-downloads the files with every request. Your argument is that requesting a file over the internet is as fast (or faster??) as pulling it from your own hard drive which is clearly totally untrue.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:56 am

Sotos wrote:The cache is there obviously, but by disabling it the files in the cache are not used and chrome re-downloads the files with every request. Your argument is that requesting a file over the internet is as fast (or faster??) as pulling it from your own hard drive which is clearly totally untrue.

Please follow my simple instructions to PROVE that you have disabled cache, or withdraw your BOGUS charts and claims.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:The cache is there obviously, but by disabling it the files in the cache are not used and chrome re-downloads the files with every request. Your argument is that requesting a file over the internet is as fast (or faster??) as pulling it from your own hard drive which is clearly totally untrue.

Please follow my simple instructions to PROVE that you have disabled cache, or withdraw your BOGUS charts and claims.


Your "instructions" do not prove anything at all. The files are there and by disabling the cache they are NOT USED when the page is rendered. You can use a a Network Monitoring tool like Fiddler to confirm that when cache is turned on (which is the default) only the files that are not in the cache (or can not be cached) are downloaded, while if you turn cache off then all files of a website are downloaded which takes a LOT more time.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am

Basically GR you couldn't make caching work and you convinced yourself that is not needed and that you are better without it, which could not be further from the truth. Classic case of sour grapes! :roll:
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:The cache is there obviously, but by disabling it the files in the cache are not used and chrome re-downloads the files with every request. Your argument is that requesting a file over the internet is as fast (or faster??) as pulling it from your own hard drive which is clearly totally untrue.

Please follow my simple instructions to PROVE that you have disabled cache, or withdraw your BOGUS charts and claims.


Your "instructions" do not prove anything at all. The files are there and by disabling the cache they are NOT USED when the page is rendered. You can use a a Network Monitoring tool like Fiddler to confirm that when cache is turned on (which is the default) only the files that are not in the cache (or can not be cached) are downloaded, while if you turn cache off then all files of a website are downloaded which takes a LOT more time.

Incorrect! When the cache is properly disabled you will get a surprise message at the very top instead of a list of URLs. :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

Schnauzer wrote:I reckon it's 'Astronomically Brilliant' mate (and voted accordingly.

I reckon all the others are jealous because they can't do what you can, keep at it. :wink:


Probably that is the best way to deal with retards like GR... pad them in the back and say "Great job" :lol: GR doesn't realize that I have shown more respect to him than you do. But is not his fault, it is mine for thinking that I can reason with him.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: The Classic Browser feedback...

Postby Sotos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:26 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:The cache is there obviously, but by disabling it the files in the cache are not used and chrome re-downloads the files with every request. Your argument is that requesting a file over the internet is as fast (or faster??) as pulling it from your own hard drive which is clearly totally untrue.

Please follow my simple instructions to PROVE that you have disabled cache, or withdraw your BOGUS charts and claims.


Your "instructions" do not prove anything at all. The files are there and by disabling the cache they are NOT USED when the page is rendered. You can use a a Network Monitoring tool like Fiddler to confirm that when cache is turned on (which is the default) only the files that are not in the cache (or can not be cached) are downloaded, while if you turn cache off then all files of a website are downloaded which takes a LOT more time.

Incorrect! When the cache is properly disabled you will get a surprise message at the very top instead of a list of URLs. :)


And ALL the files will need to be downloaded each and every time making your browser way slower! Pulling a file from your own hard drive is way faster than downloading the same file over the internet from some server which could be on the other side of the world. This is just a simple fact.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests