The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:Let us examine a few of the pictures cited by the self-appointed deconstructor of the MSM in support of the Putin propaganda machine:

https://www.google.com.cy/search?q=phot ... C1EQsAQIIQ

and see how many even relate to the incident in question:

From left to right, top row:........... and so on! Even I don't have time to waste on this sort of exercise!

I can’t be bothered continuing with this painful exercise, but so far it would appear that, of the photographs presented as supposedly incontrovertible evidence of something or other, only 23 out of 37 (a little better than 62%) even depict the event in question. How credible is that?


Answer .........about 62% more credible than anything you have come up with so far. :roll:

Business must be slow ..... obviously the Brexit effect! All that diligent nit-picking and nothing there suggests or supports the propaganda that it was an air strike! The primary source of this story is the White Helmets and The Syrian Observatory for human rights ......... how credible is that? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yes we are in Syrian Airspace. Uninvited too!

Report us to the UN!

But, I don't think we care! Oh no! Which means there is nothing left but to attack!

Not only are we in Syria, but our ground forces control a big chunk of Syria.

Partition anyone? One day Assad will need a VISA from the Kurds but he will be arrested soon as he crosses and off we go The Hague!

Common sense my arse!


Of course ..... International Law only applies to other nations, not The Exceptional Nation, The Irreplaceable Nation...... they even set themselves above the ICC! Is it any wonder than when 'push-comes-to-shove' the US actually have very few real friends in this world! :roll:


I never said America is exceptional.

But let's not pretend that Pootin is all about being exceptional or better because it is much much worse.

Don't worry about International Law. Pootin has proven there is no such thing with his lapdogs use of Chemical Weapons. Either Pootin makes a stand and stops the bombardment or there is going to be serious problems for everyone and there is no chance for our withdrawal any time soon.

The best thing he can do is name his price. He gets what he wants, and the criminals face justice.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Let us examine a few of the pictures cited by the self-appointed deconstructor of the MSM in support of the Putin propaganda machine:

https://www.google.com.cy/search?q=phot ... C1EQsAQIIQ

and see how many even relate to the incident in question:

From left to right, top row:........... and so on! Even I don't have time to waste on this sort of exercise!

I can’t be bothered continuing with this painful exercise, but so far it would appear that, of the photographs presented as supposedly incontrovertible evidence of something or other, only 23 out of 37 (a little better than 62%) even depict the event in question. How credible is that?


Answer .........about 62% more credible than anything you have come up with so far. :roll:

Business must be slow ..... obviously the Brexit effect! All that diligent nit-picking and nothing there suggests or supports the propaganda that it was an air strike! The primary source of this story is the White Helmets and The Syrian Observatory for human rights ......... how credible is that? :roll:


Oh yes! The UN must have bombed themselves. A false flag. Far out America is good.

Now tell us about the the science and sonic boom.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
You have no opinion of your own ......



Yes, I do. In your little world, anybody who does not subscribe to your lunatic theories has no opinion. That's your problem. My opinion is that both the USA and Russia are neo-imperialistic powers which are engaged in the region in pursuit of their own interests and neither of them are there for the good of the local people. This is a view I have repeatedly expressed here and, to the best of my knowledge, is not one that is promoted by any branch of what you call the 'MSM'. I do not only see the wrongs committed by one side and remain blinded to the wrongs committed by the other.


No ..... not lunatic opinion ........ but opinion based on facts that can be in one way or another, verified to a reasonably degree of probability of being true ..... at least 50%. Putin has said from the very beginning of their involvement, one year ago, that only the Syrian people have the right to chose who they want as their leader and their government ..... and I don't think you could argue that they would chose the US supported Islamic Terrorists?

How can you claim to believe that Russia is a Neo-Imperialistic Power? It has no need of more territory it covers 12 time zones and is rich in massive untapped mineral reserves! I believe it only has bases in Syria and at the invitation of the elected Syrian government. All Russia's actions in Syria comply with International law which, as you can see from Paphitis arrogance, that same observation cannot be applied to the US or any of the coalition partners. It is the US led coalition that has prolonged this war, created the millions of refugees and killed so many innocent civilians.

On the opposite side of the coin ........ The US has over 800 military bases around the World, in 150+ countries and are expanding all the time and in my mind that very much describes a Neo-Imperialistic power.

What do you see that I don't that would suggest Russia has aspirations of being a Neo-Imperialistic Power? :?:

There is nothing wrong in reading what you do in the MSM, I read it as well. But I also read reports and articles by creditable independent journalists, which of course Paphitis, and maybe you, consider to be heavily biased sites. These sites have NO EDITORIAL POLICY that censors the content, but any MSM publication will have, because they have an owner, shareholders and need to make money. Most (Not all) independents that I go to have no advertisements, no controlling editor and rely solely upon their readers to donate to keep them going. The contributors are also not limited to column inches or even the number of words and they invariably link to their sources ......... this is not so with MSM news organizations,. What you often read in the MSM is in fact syndicated stories from Reuters or Associated Press, so it's not even their original news story!
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Oh yes more facts that this wasn't an attack from Russian planes.

Well guess what! The UN has just bought Anerica's story hook line and sinker and Russia was openly accused by the UN Secretary General.

He must have fallen for this US False Flag where the Anericans would just destroy aid which they probably contributed the most. America bombing American Aid in UN convoys.

Your logic and science never ceases to amaze me.

Your sources are either Pootin's mouthpieces or in the case of Geopoloitics, heavily anti American.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Let us examine a few of the pictures cited by the self-appointed deconstructor of the MSM in support of the Putin propaganda machine:

https://www.google.com.cy/search?q=phot ... C1EQsAQIIQ

and see how many even relate to the incident in question:

From left to right, top row:........... and so on! Even I don't have time to waste on this sort of exercise!

I can’t be bothered continuing with this painful exercise, but so far it would appear that, of the photographs presented as supposedly incontrovertible evidence of something or other, only 23 out of 37 (a little better than 62%) even depict the event in question. How credible is that?


Answer .........about 62% more credible than anything you have come up with so far. :roll:

Business must be slow ..... obviously the Brexit effect! All that diligent nit-picking and nothing there suggests or supports the propaganda that it was an air strike! The primary source of this story is the White Helmets and The Syrian Observatory for human rights ......... how credible is that? :roll:


Oh yes! The UN must have bombed themselves. A false flag. Far out America is good.

Now tell us about the the science and sonic boom.


You are a dork! The pictures show the result of a ground attack with 'light' weapons, no tanks, no drones, no anti-tank missiles ...... so not an air attack! An air attack is total destruction, I see no signs of that. Science and sonic-booms don't come into it, but common sense does, which is maybe why you missed the signs? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 pm

You are the dork!

The UN Secretary General made another resounding accusation.

He accused the Assad regime of torturing thousands of Syrians in prison camps and for the murder of the vast majority of all Syrian casualties. He also accused the Assad Regime, of bombing civilians with Barrel Bombs and using Chemical Weapons.

Who are the terrorists?

Is all this stuff made up? Are you accusing the UN Secretary General of not telling the truth?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:07 pm

TD:
I would question his statement that these trailers were parked by 10:40 as that suggests am! The White Helmet videos show the attack as being at night. So maybe he meant 22:40 not 10:40?

Let’s take the photos you posted at 11:07 and 11:13?

I don’t see anything that supports the idea the site was bombed at all !

The pictures are of the same location from different angles but with the best will in the world it is very obvious to anyone that that site has NOT been attacked from the air. Don’t see how anyone could suggest otherwise. There also appears to be no sign of fire damage to any of those trailers ..... to be honest it looks more like the aftermath of a riot by soccer hooligans than a military attack. The building in the background has at some time been bombed but not recently, you would still see smoke hours later. The only smoke appears to be behind those buildings.

So, assuming the photos are not fakes.(Who knows?) I see nothing to support the idea this location was attacked from the air or any signs of an attack at all ..... not even bullet holes.

Post at 11:18.

Yes the trucks door is hanging off but there is no damage that indicates an attack. This truck and its trailer appear to be burnt out. The same goes for the truck in the background. No blast damage just a burnt out shell. I can’t be positive but there appears to be the remnants of UN Stickers on the front of this vehicle. But again, there is nothing to suggest an air attack.

Post at 11:22

It is obviously part of a UN Convoy but it seems to be a bit ‘isolated’. I am sure there is another picture of this truck (or similar) parked the other way round, with some damage, but it is where you see the cables crossing the road. It is these cables that, if you believe the US accusation , managed to survive an air attack and an air attack that did very little damage. So again nothing here to suggest an air attack.

Post at 11:27

This vehicle is burned out but when? The Red Cross ‘jacket’ was not there when it happened and there appear to be no blood stains on it, so not a possession of the driver/passenger. I see one hole that could be maybe be an RPG entry but a missile from a drone or an SU-34 .... don’t think so. The rest of the holes look like shrapnel or something like 9mm. Certainly not from an aircraft as their guns are much bigger, maybe 20mm or even 30mm. There is a bush in the background, why is that not scorched or burned ........ it is close enough?

So, from these photos, or any of the other photos there is nothing to support the accusation it was an air attack. Nothing so far has been produced by the US from their...... very close up, all seeing eye .... the coalition apparently has .... that would show if the Russians were even in the air at the time. ( Please Mr.Obama can you release the RADAR tapes of the area that covers this time period. ) The most we see from these pictures, it could have been a ground operation ...... either by Assad’s people, which does not seem to be the case or terrorists.

Post 17:52

John Kerry has called for a no-fly zone in parts of Syria.


I agree with him and the sooner Mr Putin creates it the better.

Stop all illegal incursions into Syrian air space by coalition aircraft including drones without filing a flight plan at least 12 hours before; a constant IFF squawk with an agreed ident and immediate withdrawal after any action. Move all foreign ground forces out of Syria ..... including the Turkish Army in say 48 hours .... after which they become a target anywhere within Syrian territory.

The US has no jurisdiction in Syria whether they like to admit it or not! Nobody invited them and they have no UN mandate .... and never will because Russia would veto any UNSC resolution that the US proposed that worked against their interests.

If the US or coalition aircraft (Including Israel) or forces enter Syria after that ...... they have been warned, and they may become a legitimate target of S-400’s or Russian/Syrian air defence forces.

Paphitis’ bravado will vaporise if the Russians bring a coalition plane down ..... because he thinks they are invincible. But Russia has proved to be a very capable military force .... with weapons the West has no defence against. The US would be foolish in the extreme to try their luck....... odds on ........ they would lose! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 am

Oh what a dork!

The video released by the Russians is Infra-red. It always looks like it's night but it isn't! The fact the released footage is from Russia's night surveillance of the convoy immediately before they bombed it further incriminates the Russians because the Syrians probably don't have night capabilities anymore.

It also detects heat and humans because it picks up temperature changes which is why engines appear very bright.
Last edited by Paphitis on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Russia bomb UN AID Convoy

Postby Paphitis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 am

From Australia's Left leaning Fairfax Media. They are not renowned for any American bias. If anything there is a slight bias against them but generally speaking, Fairfax are renowned for their no nonsense broadsheet papers like SMH and the Age.

Yes you can see. The UN have just bought the American Thesis hook line and sinker.

He called the regime cowards even, or maybe that is what he called the Russians because right now he is buying America's story. Why? Because the Americans have Pootin's chops on the cutting board!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/cowards-ban ... rksse.html

Yep it looks like the regime and Pootin have lost this argument.

Looks like everyone is buying America's version of events and only the regime and Pootin saying it's all lies. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests