The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Maximus wrote:Those that are saying "god does not exist" must prove it. What is the tool of choice? Science?

They’re just fascinated with Man’s primitive transistor-based inventions and think we’re too cool to live under a God! :roll:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40427
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Maximus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Maximus wrote:Has science proven that god does not exist?


It doesn't need to, because the mere definition of God is illogical.
Btw Science per se does not deal with such matters. It''s Theology that does, and that's more of of a propaganda than real science to me :wink:


So scientific propoganda must be used to prove that god does not exist?

Or just propoganda?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Maximus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:Those that are saying "god does not exist" must prove it. What is the tool of choice? Science?

They’re just fascinated with Man’s primitive transistor-based inventions and think we’re too cool to live under a God! :roll:


Its like this
watching TV = God does not exist
discover penecillin = god does not exist
move metal at speed with fossil fuels = god does not exist
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Maximus wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Maximus wrote:Has science proven that god does not exist?


It doesn't need to, because the mere definition of God is illogical.
Btw Science per se does not deal with such matters. It''s Theology that does, and that's more of of a propaganda than real science to me :wink:


So scientific propoganda must be used to prove that god does not exist?

Or just propoganda?


Now you are getting illogical. Tell me which science ever tried to prove the existence or not existence of what people call God? Individual scientists have their own views but there is absolutely no science that wastes it's time on this issue.
Science has more serious things to consider as for example why subatomic particles disappear and appear again in unexpected positions.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Maximus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:11 pm

You are telling me that science does not prove that god does not exist and I am in agreement with that. Can you tell me what does prove that god does not exist because I was just apply the logic of what you said.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby miltiades » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:58 am

According to science the Solar System formed about 5 billion years ago when a cloud of gas and dust – called the ‘pre-solar nebula’ – started to collapse due to gravitational forces.

There are billions of comets in our Solar System, which are typically located in one of two regions.

The most distant repository of comets is the Oort cloud, at the edge of the Solar System, 100,000 times more distant from the Sun than the Earth, and which is estimated to contain about 12 billion comets.

Closer in, just beyond the orbit of Neptune, is the Kuiper belt, which also contains billions of comets and extends from 30 to 50 times the distance equivalent to the Sun-Earth separation (150 million km, or 1 AU).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/roset ... o-a-comet/

Now , God must have been extremely busy, just imagine the time it took Him to create all those billions of comets, 5 billion years ago!!!

Indeed religion is and always has been a figment of man's lively imagination.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Maximus » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:50 am

Everything that exists for man started as a thought or an idea.

That car you drive, started as an idea
The TV you watch, started as an idea
The discovery of penecillin, started as an idea

Some ideas manifested as physical objects, others are are still figments of mans imagination.
Last edited by Maximus on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby miltiades » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:53 am

Maximus wrote:Everything that exists for man started as a thought or an idea.

That car you drive, started as an idea
The TV you watch, started as an idea
The discovery of penecillin, started as an idea

We all owe our existence to our ....parents ...naughty thoughts :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Maximus » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:54 am

miltiades wrote:
Maximus wrote:Everything that exists for man started as a thought or an idea.

That car you drive, started as an idea
The TV you watch, started as an idea
The discovery of penecillin, started as an idea

We all owe our existence to our ....parents ...naughty thoughts :lol: :lol:


exactly but why was the thought naughtly?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby miltiades » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:06 am

Maximus wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Maximus wrote:Everything that exists for man started as a thought or an idea.

That car you drive, started as an idea
The TV you watch, started as an idea
The discovery of penecillin, started as an idea

We all owe our existence to our ....parents ...naughty thoughts :lol: :lol:


exactly but why was the thought naughtly?

I have always believed that the vast majority of the human race was created by the urge to ...copulate, primarily, no couple ever said prior to indulging in this perfectly natural physical " idoni " lets have a baby ! The last thing in a mans mind at reaching the ...ultimate is not the creation of a baby but, oh boy this feels good .
By the way, all you youngsters, take it from a 70 year old, the pleasure is just as great as it was in my youth, the difference is, now you tend to ....fall asleep on the job as it were :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest