The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Theresa May's declaration.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby Lordo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 am

more stupidity. even may said the parliement will have to vote on the brexit terms. in fact she will not be able to declare it unless parliament votes. this already has gone to court and the first round has gone to the remainers. of course there will be many more rounds. the constitution is very simple,only parliament can change the law.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby Jerry » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
What first and second post. Please explain because the contradiction is lost on me.


Read my post again very slowly. :D


My life is not long enough especially when your posts are full of bitterness, doom and gloom and negativity. Sorry!

If you are unwilling to explain to me what my contradiction is, then I won't play your silly twisted game.

I for one am a BIG supporter of BREXIT. I would support ANY EU EXIT. The ultimate goal is the liberation of Greece and Cyprus from their masters! Being a slave to this EU nonsense, and that's what they are, is an indignity and I came to that realization during the Greek and Cypriot financial crisis.

Fact is, the precedence has been set with Greece and Cyprus. The precedence is this. If your economy faulters, or you have a banking collapse, then your State is unviable and requires austerity. look at the social impact in Greece. the country is literally torn apart.

I'm not going to take it in the bum from Juncker and his merry band of fascists.

I can also fully understand WHY many Brits support BREXIT too. this isn't some little Englander, or stupid outcome from people that do not know, or from people that had lower education levels than pro EU voters (ridiculous). I respect their democratic wishes, and frankly, the EU bought this upon itself with its disastrous open border and free movement policy which Britain suffers from the most.

that is because it is true that out of all the EU countries, Britain has the most generous Social and welfare policies as well as a world class Health System NHS. These will not be available to Britons one day if the current situation remains because it is unsustainable in an ageing population. See what happened to Greece which had a birth rate of 1.1 per family. BANKRUPTCY!

Basically, Britain will become a Muslim country in a couple of decades within the EU. Wages and conditions are in decline because of the influx of eastern European labor. And all you morons are worried about is a car manufacturer that is having a hissy fit and considering on moving production to the EU which might have happened anyway. Maybe they want to take advantage of lower work conditions and exploit eastern European workers which the British Unions will have more power to combat outside of the EU. Ever thought of that? No of course not! I'm sure this thought must have occured to most people because ask yourself WHY business and corporations favor the EU and are having hissy fits like you.

Here is a thought. Why not just accept the outcome of the referendum and desist from the negativity because there is a lot riding on this, not only for Britain but for others as well? otherwise, we literally are doomed when countries can't set their own financial policies.


Here's the contradiction - "That means they were always going to move with the new model.
It was either build the new line in Britain or EU." They were going to build in UK but now maybe not.
Nissan are looking to the UK government for compensation should the EU impose tariffs on UK exports.

And here's some more doom for you, petrol is going up by 5p per litre because of the devalued £. Were you able to read the serious Press in the UK rather than the red-top comics you would realise what a mess this Brexit business is.

You made a reference to the NHS in a previous post - believe me it's starting to fall apart in some areas, my friends in France get much better free treatment than members of my family have recently because funding has been cut back from annual increase of 4% to 2%. When the 30% foreign NHS staff are kicked out of UK as Nazi Nigel and his mob would like it will get much worse. As for UKIP passing the Conservatives - that party is falling apart, you really are out of touch with what is happening in UK. :lol:
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Here’s a bit more doom and gloom as picked up by the quality pro-Brexit daily, the Daily Telegraph:

Hard Brexit' will cost Britain £66billion per year, claims controversial leaked Treasury report

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... -per-year/

What lie was that peddled by the leave campaign? An extra £350m a week for the NHS. £350,000,000 x 52 = £18,200,000,000 per annum. Now it seems we are more likely to be losing £66,000,000,000 in tax revenue per annum.

Never mind, the right-wing tabloid comics will tell you that it is all part of a so-called project fear and the UK is basking in a post-Brexit boom (an obvious lie because Brexit has not happened yet).

UKIP? Isn’t that the party whose last leader managed 18 days in the job before quitting, whose best bet for prospective leader was recently hospitalised in an altercation with one of his fellow party members and whose current acting leader, a sleazy, boozy failed ex-city trader, praises Donald Trump for making grossly sexist remarks. The talk is that even the tax-cheat Arron Banks, the main bankroller of UKIP, is getting fed up with the party and is thinking instead of trying to set up a right-wing version of Momentum in the endeavour to turn the Conservatives into a full-blown fascist party rather than create one from the bottom up. Heaven help the UK if that collection of freaks ever become mainstream.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby miltiades » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:04 pm

To think that the campaign bus for Brexit was plastered with posters telling all that this ....350 million PER WEEK would be available for our NHS !!!

The mostly working class, geriatrics on the whole, swallowed this crap.

Now we have a closet brexeteer, our PM, who cant wait to put the last nail on the coffin of our economy!!

Well, at least we now have ....our country back!! :lol:
I'm still puzzled as to why nobody is moaning at the third world immigrants that keep arriving in the UK, they seem to concentrate on Eastern Europeans.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:10 pm

I have a hunch that May was brought in to keep us in the EU, actually, although she has to pretend otherwise. Time will tell. I don't think the British ruling class wants to take the country down this suicidal road.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Meanwhile:

The pound is dropping like a stone for another day.

Sterling's horrible run over the past week and a half shows no signs of letting up on Tuesday morning, hitting a fresh 31-year low against the dollar in early trading, falling below $1.23 for the first time since 1985.

The currency started the day in fairly sanguine fashion, before falling off a cliff around 7:45 a.m. BST (2:45 a.m. ET), plunging to a low of $1.2285 soon before 8:15 a.m. BST (3:15 a.m. ET). That marked a fall of more than 0.6% from the open. Sterling now seems to have settled at around that level, trading at $1.2289 at 10:20 a.m. BST (5:20 a.m. ET).


https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pound ... 45221.html

It’s all very well if you have no UK assets and you wait until Sterling hits the bottom to move in and buy up at bargain-basement prices, but what about people in the UK now whose assets are getting trashed?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby B25 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:It’s all very well if you have no UK assets and you wait until Sterling hits the bottom to move in and buy up at bargain-basement prices, but what about people in the UK now whose assets are getting trashed?


Could you define getting trashed and to what asset classes are you referring to.

I don't see house prices falling, food prices falling life goes on. Sure there is bound to be a bumpy road ahead until it all gets sorted, but you guys are foaming at the mouth, seems to me it is because what you stand to lose not the country as a whole. Any losses will be made up later, it is the business cycle.

As they say, no gain without pain and this is very apt for the current situation. Fuck the EU they have destroyed the place and it is about time someone stood up to them. The UK, is best placed for this it is big enough and strong enough to get through this and when it does you will see others follow suit.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby miltiades » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:14 pm

B25 wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:It’s all very well if you have no UK assets and you wait until Sterling hits the bottom to move in and buy up at bargain-basement prices, but what about people in the UK now whose assets are getting trashed?


Could you define getting trashed and to what asset classes are you referring to.

I don't see house prices falling, food prices falling life goes on. Sure there is bound to be a bumpy road ahead until it all gets sorted, but you guys are foaming at the mouth, seems to me it is because what you stand to lose not the country as a whole. Any losses will be made up later, it is the business cycle.

As they say, no gain without pain and this is very apt for the current situation. Fuck the EU they have destroyed the place and it is about time someone stood up to them. The UK, is best placed for this it is big enough and strong enough to get through this and when it does you will see others follow suit.

I suppose you mean ....en masse harakiri !! :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby B25 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:21 pm

miltiades wrote:
B25 wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:It’s all very well if you have no UK assets and you wait until Sterling hits the bottom to move in and buy up at bargain-basement prices, but what about people in the UK now whose assets are getting trashed?


Could you define getting trashed and to what asset classes are you referring to.

I don't see house prices falling, food prices falling life goes on. Sure there is bound to be a bumpy road ahead until it all gets sorted, but you guys are foaming at the mouth, seems to me it is because what you stand to lose not the country as a whole. Any losses will be made up later, it is the business cycle.

As they say, no gain without pain and this is very apt for the current situation. Fuck the EU they have destroyed the place and it is about time someone stood up to them. The UK, is best placed for this it is big enough and strong enough to get through this and when it does you will see others follow suit.

I suppose you mean ....en masse harakiri !! :lol:


Milti, calm down, you don't have to bring your money over now. You have a place to stay and only need day to day spending. The euro is not going to sty like this, it is the doom and gloom merchants that will end up doing harm to the UK more so than the BREXIT. Your business it still to operate right??? so it is in your interest to support the UK over the longer term.

Don't be a moaning ex pat!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Theresa May's declaration.

Postby miltiades » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:30 pm

B25 wrote:
miltiades wrote:
B25 wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:It’s all very well if you have no UK assets and you wait until Sterling hits the bottom to move in and buy up at bargain-basement prices, but what about people in the UK now whose assets are getting trashed?


Could you define getting trashed and to what asset classes are you referring to.

I don't see house prices falling, food prices falling life goes on. Sure there is bound to be a bumpy road ahead until it all gets sorted, but you guys are foaming at the mouth, seems to me it is because what you stand to lose not the country as a whole. Any losses will be made up later, it is the business cycle.

As they say, no gain without pain and this is very apt for the current situation. Fuck the EU they have destroyed the place and it is about time someone stood up to them. The UK, is best placed for this it is big enough and strong enough to get through this and when it does you will see others follow suit.

I suppose you mean ....en masse harakiri !! :lol:


Milti, calm down, you don't have to bring your money over now. You have a place to stay and only need day to day spending. The euro is not going to sty like this, it is the doom and gloom merchants that will end up doing harm to the UK more so than the BREXIT. Your business it still to operate right??? so it is in your interest to support the UK over the longer term.

Don't be a moaning ex pat!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said earlier I want to invest in property in Cyprus, have three grandchildren , and a ....young wife !!! My sterling has been devalued a great deal, you KNOW why? Some fucking idiot convinced the masses, mostly working class geriatrics , that leaving the EU would transform Britain into ....utopia :lol: Just look at how many ....billions a year our NHS would benefit. Mate, I keep thinking how on earth did this country ruled the world !!!

Here we are with perhaps more than 10 million third "worlders" that look as if they are still in stone age and the Bits moan about the .... blonde Eastern Europeans!!
The country is in for a very rough time , and frankly so will I. Soon the bloody pound will be less than the MIGHTY Euro!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests