The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Get Real! » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:35 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:To save Paphitis from yet another embarrassing useless thread, I'll post some interesting shots of the newly unveiled bus service of Paris they call... "Le Crocodile"


Oh right! all you blokes have been creaming your pants about the arrival of the Kuznetsof! :lol:

some of you have been waiting since 1974 and are old geriatrics now. :lol:

I hope you were welcoming to our Coalition ally! Did you take the grand kiddies for a look? :wink:

God you're so clueless and stupid.... :lol:

http://russia-insider.com/en/file/07cyp ... erjumbojpg

http://www.vosizneias.com/news/photos/view/264019785
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40488
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:49 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:To save Paphitis from yet another embarrassing useless thread, I'll post some interesting shots of the newly unveiled bus service of Paris they call... "Le Crocodile"


Oh right! all you blokes have been creaming your pants about the arrival of the Kuznetsof! :lol:

some of you have been waiting since 1974 and are old geriatrics now. :lol:

I hope you were welcoming to our Coalition ally! Did you take the grand kiddies for a look? :wink:

God you're so clueless and stupid.... :lol:

http://russia-insider.com/en/file/07cyp ... erjumbojpg

http://www.vosizneias.com/news/photos/view/264019785


That was February 28, 2014! before they entered Syria! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tell them to come now!

Oh and they were only 40 years late. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Get Real! » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:04 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:To save Paphitis from yet another embarrassing useless thread, I'll post some interesting shots of the newly unveiled bus service of Paris they call... "Le Crocodile"


Oh right! all you blokes have been creaming your pants about the arrival of the Kuznetsof! :lol:

some of you have been waiting since 1974 and are old geriatrics now. :lol:

I hope you were welcoming to our Coalition ally! Did you take the grand kiddies for a look? :wink:

God you're so clueless and stupid.... :lol:

http://russia-insider.com/en/file/07cyp ... erjumbojpg

http://www.vosizneias.com/news/photos/view/264019785


That was February 28, 2014! before they entered Syria! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tell them to come now!

Oh and they were only 40 years late. :lol:

Just stick to wanking the koalas at your local zoo… it’s the only thing you’re getting right! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40488
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:32 am

Get Real! wrote:Just stick to wanking the koalas at your local zoo… it’s the only thing you’re getting right! :lol:


[email protected]#k me dude! next you going to be posting pictures of the Russian Fleet pulling up at Navarinon in 1827 during the Greek Revolution! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:04 am

And the last Russian visit... :lol:

Image
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:08 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:To save Paphitis from yet another embarrassing useless thread, I'll post some interesting shots of the newly unveiled bus service of Paris they call... "Le Crocodile"


Oh right! all you blokes have been creaming your pants about the arrival of the Kuznetsof! :lol:

some of you have been waiting since 1974 and are old geriatrics now. :lol:

I hope you were welcoming to our Coalition ally! Did you take the grand kiddies for a look? :wink:

God you're so clueless and stupid.... :lol:

http://russia-insider.com/en/file/07cyp ... erjumbojpg

http://www.vosizneias.com/news/photos/view/264019785


That was February 28, 2014! before they entered Syria! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tell them to come now!

Oh and they were only 40 years late. :lol:


It was a courtesy visit and the Kuznetsov moored off-shore, maybe it was too big to enter the port?

But the Russian sailors came ashore, in dress uniform! They were impeccably dressed and well behaved because we were in the Mall in Limassol at the time and there were dozens of ratings and officers milling around. We also saw many later when we went into the Old Town. No drunks, no shouting and they were very polite even though none of them appeared to speak English or Greek. I didn't see any French sailors when their carrier was in the docks a couple of weeks ago and you never see British military personnel off base, in uniform. The Russians obviously felt comfortable and that they were welcome on the Island and I believe they will always be welcome. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:16 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:To save Paphitis from yet another embarrassing useless thread, I'll post some interesting shots of the newly unveiled bus service of Paris they call... "Le Crocodile"


Oh right! all you blokes have been creaming your pants about the arrival of the Kuznetsof! :lol:

some of you have been waiting since 1974 and are old geriatrics now. :lol:

I hope you were welcoming to our Coalition ally! Did you take the grand kiddies for a look? :wink:

God you're so clueless and stupid.... :lol:

http://russia-insider.com/en/file/07cyp ... erjumbojpg

http://www.vosizneias.com/news/photos/view/264019785


That was February 28, 2014! before they entered Syria! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tell them to come now!

Oh and they were only 40 years late. :lol:


It was a courtesy visit and the Kuznetsov moored off-shore, maybe it was too big to enter the port?

But the Russian sailors came ashore, in dress uniform! They were impeccably dressed and well behaved because we were in the Mall in Limassol at the time and there were dozens of ratings and officers milling around. We also saw many later when we went into the Old Town. No drunks, no shouting and they were very polite even though none of them appeared to speak English or Greek. I didn't see any French sailors when their carrier was in the docks a couple of weeks ago and you never see British military personnel off base, in uniform. The Russians obviously felt comfortable and that they were welcome on the Island and I believe they will always be welcome. :roll:


The Nimitz Class is much bigger Aircraft carrier and far more modern and capable!

Kuznetsov = 61,390 Tonnes, 36 fixed wing, 20 rotary wing
USS Nimitz Class = 106,000 tonnes, 90 fixed wing and 30 rotary
Charles de Gaul = 43,500 tonnes, 32 fixed wing, and 8 rotary

All navies of the world are well behaved and impeccably dressed. Because if you're not, you get your arse smashed.

You get your arse smashed for a little water mark on your shoe.

I actually started off in the Navy and went through Officer school for the Super Seasprite at HMAS Creswell but then was transferred off HMAS Success onto HMAS Kanimbla with another 7 guys and taken to RAAF Williamstown and then to RAAF Point Cook when the Seasprite program got shit-canned with a Royal Parliamentary Commission to boot. It was 2 weeks from pass-out parade. Had to do it all over again. It wasn't fun, and if you were an arse, you paid a very heavy price. One thing I will never forget is when the gates opened at HMAS Creswell and our buses lined up adjacent the parade grounds. Fuck that was an experience in total humiliation, bastardry and bullying. Everyone was shitting themselves as they were sifting through personal belongings in everyone's suitcases, throwing around underwear (even women's g-strings and stuff) and everything. And the screaming and yelling was deafening. That was just the beginning. It was constant fucking with us both mentally and physically too. Some people were even physically assaulted in those days,

And they make a point of getting everyone into trouble at least once. They bloody crushed everyone's spirit, but what they wanted is for the strong to support the weak like a team. That was their bottom line and that's how they bought everyone closer together. But even that had its drawbacks. Whilst they wanted everyone to stick together and support each other, the bloody smart arses would then punish the whole team rather than just one person. There was never a win win with them.

Navy is the most conservative of the services. Most senior officer is always Navy. Prince Philip is NAVY, haven't you noticed? Who btw is the highest ranking officer of the Australian Military.

12 SH-2G Seasprites cost 1.4 billion dollars back in 1993.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Paphitis:
The Nimitz Class is much bigger Aircraft carrier and far more modern and capable!

Kuznetsov = 61,390 Tonnes, 36 fixed wing, 20 rotary wing
USS Nimitz Class = 106,000 tonnes, 90 fixed wing and 30 rotary
Charles de Gaul = 43,500 tonnes, 32 fixed wing, and 8 rotary


Just shows you never read anything. :roll: The Nimitz class is bigger and the design is different ..... because the purpose of it and Kuznetsov is different! It is also why Russia only ever built one carrier ..... to expensive and vulnerable to attack by an enemy ........ think ‘SATAN 2’!

The US carriers and the battle groups are a projection of the US’s perceived right to impose their will upon other nations and force these nations to tow their line. They are weapons of aggression .... not defensive .... except they are of course defending the US commercial interests around the globe. :roll:

The Kuznetsov is designed basically as a floating airfield and is for defensive purpose. That is why it is part of the Northern fleet, it is smaller, has much less of a range and has no steam catapult. It was designed so that Russia could move its air power along its Northern coastline if required, as they have very few airfields to cover the twelve time zones that Russia spans. Also, as was explained previously, you do not need a catapult to launch lightly armed fighters. When you launch fighter bombers with a heavy bomb load they would not get off the deck without help.

That is why they are different. BTW: Half the US carriers have been in service for a longer time than The Kuznetsov. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Robin Hood wrote:Paphitis:
The Nimitz Class is much bigger Aircraft carrier and far more modern and capable!

Kuznetsov = 61,390 Tonnes, 36 fixed wing, 20 rotary wing
USS Nimitz Class = 106,000 tonnes, 90 fixed wing and 30 rotary
Charles de Gaul = 43,500 tonnes, 32 fixed wing, and 8 rotary


Just shows you never read anything. :roll: The Nimitz class is bigger and the design is different ..... because the purpose of it and Kuznetsov is different! It is also why Russia only ever built one carrier ..... to expensive and vulnerable to attack by an enemy ........ think ‘SATAN 2’!

The US carriers and the battle groups are a projection of the US’s perceived right to impose their will upon other nations and force these nations to tow their line. They are weapons of aggression .... not defensive .... except they are of course defending the US commercial interests around the globe. :roll:

The Kuznetsov is designed basically as a floating airfield and is for defensive purpose. That is why it is part of the Northern fleet, it is smaller, has much less of a range and has no steam catapult. It was designed so that Russia could move its air power along its Northern coastline if required, as they have very few airfields to cover the twelve time zones that Russia spans. Also, as was explained previously, you do not need a catapult to launch lightly armed fighters. When you launch fighter bombers with a heavy bomb load they would not get off the deck without help.

That is why they are different. BTW: Half the US carriers have been in service for a longer time than The Kuznetsov. :roll:


The USS Nimitz isn't that vulnerable considering it's surrounded by an Amarda.

So what you're saying is that the Kuznetsov isn't really an Aircraft Carrier!

Oh ok! No problem. The Coalition is shit fucking scared now.

We surrender. Lord have mercy! :lol:

Nothing Russian can ever get within 200 miles of a Nimitz Aircraft Carrier.

But the British followed the Kuznetsov all the way.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Charles de Gaulle docks and say's HELLO

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Paphitis:
I actually started off in the Navy and went through Officer school for the Super Seasprite at HMAS Creswell but then was transferred off HMAS Success onto HMAS Kanimbla with another 7 guys and taken to RAAF Williamstown and then to RAAF Point Cook when the Seasprite program got shit-canned with a Royal Parliamentary Commission to boot. It was 2 weeks from pass-out parade. Had to do it all over again. It wasn't fun, and if you were an arse, you paid a very heavy price. One thing I will never forget is when the gates opened at HMAS Creswell and our buses lined up adjacent the parade grounds. Fuck that was an experience in total humiliation, bastardry and bullying. Everyone was shitting themselves as they were sifting through personal belongings in everyone's suitcases, throwing around underwear (even women's g-strings and stuff) and everything. And the screaming and yelling was deafening. That was just the beginning. It was constant fucking with us both mentally and physically too. Some people were even physically assaulted in those days,

And they make a point of getting everyone into trouble at least once. They bloody crushed everyone's spirit, but what they wanted is for the strong to support the weak like a team. That was their bottom line and that's how they bought everyone closer together. But even that had its drawbacks. Whilst they wanted everyone to stick together and support each other, the bloody smart arses would then punish the whole team rather than just one person. There was never a win win with them.


It is called brain washing ..... it is how the military work. Remove all vestiges of having an individual opinion ..... then replace it with what they need you to believe/understand. :?

This explains a lot .......... with you I think they machine washed your brain at 90C, put the machine on ‘FAST’ spin and then tumble dried it. The result was ...... it shrunk! So what they uploaded was enough to fill your brain but they had to leave out common sense, humility and pragmatism! :roll:

You don’t need to see a shrink now, I’ve diagnosed the problem to the point that I don’t think there is any treatment that will be of benefit to you ..... your condition is too serious! We could try a frontal lobotomy ..... by my eyes aren’t good enough for micro-surgery! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests