The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TRUMP saying it like no one else

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: TRUMP saying it like no one else

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 am

Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You are all looking at a major conflict on multiple fronts. You will want to wish I am wrong, but the Israelis are not going to be taking this Hezbollah outrage lightly.

You are looking at Civil War in Lebanon, Syria and possible engagement with Israel. and that will be a war Russia can't afford to involve itself with.


What ......"Hezbollah outrage" ?


Terrorism and War Crimes.

I am sure they have met Israel before. They should be well acquainted by now, and soon they will be even more well acquainted.


Yes .... they met before in 2006. in Lebanon and if I remember correctly the IDF got their asses kicked. It did not turn out to be the turkey shoot they thought. :roll: :lol:

Are you aware that Hezbollah came into being as a Lebanese Defence Force to combat attacks by the Israeli's on Lebanon and the Palestinian refugees. :?: Iran helped to train and equip them ..... a bit like the US trains and equips the terrorists in Syria ! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: TRUMP saying it like no one else

Postby Paphitis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You are all looking at a major conflict on multiple fronts. You will want to wish I am wrong, but the Israelis are not going to be taking this Hezbollah outrage lightly.

You are looking at Civil War in Lebanon, Syria and possible engagement with Israel. and that will be a war Russia can't afford to involve itself with.


What ......"Hezbollah outrage" ?


Terrorism and War Crimes.

I am sure they have met Israel before. They should be well acquainted by now, and soon they will be even more well acquainted.


Yes .... they met before in 2006. in Lebanon and if I remember correctly the IDF got their asses kicked. It did not turn out to be the turkey shoot they thought. :roll: :lol:

Are you aware that Hezbollah came into being as a Lebanese Defence Force to combat attacks by the Israeli's on Lebanon and the Palestinian refugees. :?: Iran helped to train and equip them ..... a bit like the US trains and equips the terrorists in Syria ! :roll:


They got their arses kicked did they? Oh that's interesting.

They left Lebanon in ruins so who's arse got kicked again?

On 11 August 2006, the United Nations Security Council unanimously approved United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701 (UNSCR 1701) in an effort to end the hostilities. The resolution, which was approved by both the Lebanese and Israeli governments the following days, called for disarmament of Hezbollah, for withdrawal of the IDF from Lebanon, and for the deployment of the Lebanese Armed Forces and an enlarged United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) in the south. UNIFIL was given an expanded mandate, including the ability to use force to ensure that their area of operations was not used for hostile activities, and to resist attempts by force to prevent them from discharging their duties.
Source: Wiki

So now, what are you going to do when Israel decides to invade Lebanon again because of the UN Resolution 1701 violations in both Syria and Lebanon?

http://www.un.org/press/en/2006/sc8808.doc.htm
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP saying it like no one else

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Paphitis ..... Yes they got ther asses kicked. Read the full Wiki account. :roll:

In brief .........

The Israelis lost at least 5 tanks, later reports showed dozens more damaged. They lost 4 helicopters and one fixed wing and a ship was damaged. Most of the Lebanese casualties were civilians. Israel had between 10 and 30,000 troops and Hezbollah a few hundred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Lebanon_War

So ..... yes the IDF got their asses kicked by a much smaller force that had no air power, no missiles or ships, and were only lightly armed. The damage to Lebanon was due to the Israeli’s air superiority but when they put boots on the ground it was a different story.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: TRUMP saying it like no one else

Postby Paphitis » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 am

Robin Hood wrote:Paphitis ..... Yes they got ther asses kicked. Read the full Wiki account. :roll:

In brief .........

The Israelis lost at least 5 tanks, later reports showed dozens more damaged. They lost 4 helicopters and one fixed wing and a ship was damaged. Most of the Lebanese casualties were civilians. Israel had between 10 and 30,000 troops and Hezbollah a few hundred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Lebanon_War

So ..... yes the IDF got their asses kicked by a much smaller force that had no air power, no missiles or ships, and were only lightly armed. The damage to Lebanon was due to the Israeli’s air superiority but when they put boots on the ground it was a different story.


What nonsense!

How many did Hezbollah lose?

Israeli losses were just expected collateral. Lebanon was occupied by Israel and it was only UN Resolution 1701 that facilitated the withdrawal.

Lebanon's arse was owned basically.

Don't worry about the casualties. Did Israel occupy Southern Lebanon or not. casualties are always going to occur, and 800 Hezbollah Fighters were killed by Israel.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP saying it like no one else

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:26 am

Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Paphitis ..... Yes they got ther asses kicked. Read the full Wiki account. :roll:

In brief .........

The Israelis lost at least 5 tanks, later reports showed dozens more damaged. They lost 4 helicopters and one fixed wing and a ship was damaged. Most of the Lebanese casualties were civilians. Israel had between 10 and 30,000 troops and Hezbollah a few hundred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Lebanon_War

So ..... yes the IDF got their asses kicked by a much smaller force that had no air power, no missiles or ships, and were only lightly armed. The damage to Lebanon was due to the Israeli’s air superiority but when they put boots on the ground it was a different story.


What nonsense!

How many did Hezbollah lose?

Israeli losses were just expected collateral. Lebanon was occupied by Israel and it was only UN Resolution 1701 that facilitated the withdrawal.

Lebanon's arse was owned basically.

Don't worry about the casualties. Did Israel occupy Southern Lebanon or not. casualties are always going to occur, and 800 Hezbollah Fighters were killed by Israel.


Read what Wiki says ..... what I posted I lifted from there! If they're wrong, then I m wrong. The Israeli's only command a situation when they rely on superior fire power and have a weak foe. Give them a determined opponent , in an urban warfare situation, and the Israeli's tend to lose, because it is a conscript army that doesn't really fight that often, they attack the weak .... who cannot fight back with any effect against them. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest