The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Londonrake » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:48 am

Paphitis wrote:Over hear, they can have real freedom of speech. A concept these British Pensioners wouldn't even know.

I resemble that remake! :P

Perhaps somebody should poll how many have either left in disgust or been banned. :D
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:50 am

Paphitis wrote:it's also extremely irresponsible of you to be spreading anti American propaganda on a cypriot forum. cyprus is a country that can't afford to have any animosity whatsoever with the USA.

It is EXTREMELY important for Cyprus to expand its diplomatic, cultural, institutional and military relations with the USA and its allies. It is only they who have the influence and power to help the Cypriot government out of its dilemma.

Russia was egging cyprus on and before you knew it, Cyprus was attacked by a poisonous Funnel Webb spider that just came out of the ground and injected its venom.

Cyprus isn't a geopolitical power. it's a country similar to Malta if you like. Tiny as all hell and in need of strong friends for its own security and survival.

For the first time in its history, cyprus is in as far as the USA is concerned. the USA trusts cyprus, likes Cyprus and will work with Cyprus. Cyprus has surprised everyone with its friendship with Israel. The Americans are only too happy to support Cyprus to enter the PfP and then NATO after a comprehensive settlement, and that would be the wisest thing for Cyprus to do especially in its bad neighborhood. I don't want to see cyprus invaded or attacked again.

fact of the matter is this. Russia is not an option for cyprus because NATO/USA will not allow very deep friendships between cyprus and Russia because cyprus is in its backyard. It's close to israel and they have more than enough to deal with in the Middle east.


Maybe, instead of wasting your talents as a politician, diplomat, military advisor and general all-round philosopher .... on a small Forum like this, you should'... soar like an Bald headed Eagle' and start advising Trump and Putin about the way you see things. I am sure your input would be a great help to them ..... or maybe they would just send in the men-in-white-coats' ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:53 am

Robin Hood wrote:Paphitis:
So you go right ahead and start yet another personal poll. just don't expect me to participate and the last one you held most forumers refused to participate, which actually means they don't agree with your poll. And good on them for that.

If you want to be fair, you would conduct such a poll on Cyprus Expat.


I've never started or participated in a poll on this Forum or, as far as I can remember, any other forum and I have never been a member of Cyprus Ex-Pat Forum. So, like most of your posts you manage to get the facts wrong .... yet again! :roll:


You know very well what forum I am referring to.

There are 3 of your "friends" on this forum btw who are also from that forum. I even tracked your user name down and posted it on this forum but can't be arsed finding it. Because it isn't that important.

But stop pretending your views are the accepted dejure views on Syria. they aren't! nor are your views accepted as mainstream in any way.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:55 am

Paphitis wrote:And no matter what you think of Israel, it has become a real friend of cyprus not just in rhetoric.

Every year, the Israelis participate in joint exercises with cyprus and Greece. Israel offers all its arms to the cyprus national Guard and has even proposed to sell Israeli made Corvettes.

It helps cyprus when there are bush-fires (along with Greece) and Cyprus has helped Israel just recently.

These are very important geopolitical developments for cyprus which the USA has observed and noted no doubt.

On the other hand, Turkey continues to disappoint and there is an increasing mistrust about their agenda. It could also be that turkey is not completely in line with Coalition interests in Syria.

Cyprus is best advised to sit tight for a little while and it should invite the USA to Geneva as well, because they could very well be very surprised.

It is completely irresponsible to not be testing the waters.


As I said ........

Maybe, instead of wasting your talents as a politician, diplomat, military advisor and general all-round philosopher .... on a small Forum like this, you should '... and soar like a Bald Headed Eagle' and start advising Trump and Putin about the way you see things. I am sure your input would be a great help to them ..... or maybe they would just send in the men-in-white-coats' ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:And no matter what you think of Israel, it has become a real friend of cyprus not just in rhetoric.

Every year, the Israelis participate in joint exercises with cyprus and Greece. Israel offers all its arms to the cyprus national Guard and has even proposed to sell Israeli made Corvettes.

It helps cyprus when there are bush-fires (along with Greece) and Cyprus has helped Israel just recently.

These are very important geopolitical developments for cyprus which the USA has observed and noted no doubt.

On the other hand, Turkey continues to disappoint and there is an increasing mistrust about their agenda. It could also be that turkey is not completely in line with Coalition interests in Syria.

Cyprus is best advised to sit tight for a little while and it should invite the USA to Geneva as well, because they could very well be very surprised.

It is completely irresponsible to not be testing the waters.


As I said ........

Maybe, instead of wasting your talents as a politician, diplomat, military advisor and general all-round philosopher .... on a small Forum like this, you should '... and soar like a Bald Headed Eagle' and start advising Trump and Putin about the way you see things. I am sure your input would be a great help to them ..... or maybe they would just send in the men-in-white-coats' ? :lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't worry about Trump. he has his advisers I am sure in the Republican Party and the US deep State.

he will be privy to the USA's deepest and darkest secrets which none of us will ever see. he will have access to the biggest security apparatus known to mankind.

It's one thing talking as an observer and quite a different matter when you are burdened with the real state of play and when he is armed with all that knowledge he will be making decisions in support of US interests. And we all know that pootin has been playing silly buggers.

And we all know what those interests are.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Paphitis:
You know very well what forum I am referring to.


I do but you get its name wrong! Par for the course with you, why let a little thing like accuracy get in the way?

There are 3 of your "friends" on this forum btw who are also from that forum. I even tracked your user name down and posted it on this forum but can't be arsed finding it. Because it isn't that important.


I have better things to do. I know of two on here from the ‘other’ forum. I’ll let you into a secret ..... one of them even followed me here as things went quiet in the ‘Debating Section’ when I left ..... maybe he was following a friend or maybe he found it lonely without ProVox? Who knows? :roll:

But stop pretending your views are the accepted dejure views on Syria. they aren't! nor are your views accepted as mainstream in any way


I seem to be far more in line with the majority of informed members and others outside this forum that are also informed and who are capable of considering various views, looking at the facts and drawing their own conclusions. That in turn leads others to question what you take verbatim. They come to the reasoned conclusion that MSM facts are invariably the inverse of reality. Not all of us treat the Forum as a personal battle ground of one overpowering opinion, mostly without any backup, against all others. We all have our own views and often, but not always agree. It is YOU that has a problem .... believe me. You are incapable of discussion, you just spout your own personal opinions.

For your information, the Cyprus Living site was abandoned by many members because the owner refused to allow free views to be expressed that were contrary to his own views. Hardly a good basis for a debate and members did what sensible people do .... they voted with their feet and went elsewhere. :|
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Londonrake » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I’ll let you into a secret ..... one of them even followed me here as things went quiet in the ‘Debating Section’ when I left ..... maybe he was following a friend or maybe he found it lonely without ProVox? Who knows? :roll:


Mmmmmmm. Not strictly correct. 'Things" were lively enough until 23rd June. At that point the Forum (like most expat outlets I suspect) was saturated with Brexit posts. After which there's thankfully been a relative quiet. As in here. I'm sure that won't last forever though and frankly don't miss all the old hassle too much :D This Forum, complete with your adversary Paphitis, seems admirably suited to your needs. :wink:

I "followed" quite a while before that date, in the sense of curiosity to see what somebody is going to do (or rather say) next. :wink:

Since then I have made a sterling effort not to tread on your toes, although of course I recognise and (surprise, surprise) am at odds with much of what you post.

As far as CL is concerned. After all this time I find myself feeling sorry for Jim. He wanted to run a simple information and social outlet with no hassle. In a sense he was quite successful in that respect. Life isn't that simple of course and I believe he felt overwhelmed and threatened when somebody with a bit of savvy expressed views diametrically opposed to his. Then he routinely over reacted. It was OK to criticise Thatcher but not to praise her - sort of thing. Put simply he was temperamentally unsuited for the running of a modern, diverse Chat Forum, I hope he isn't bitter and enjoys his retirement.

Ding, ding! Seconds out!
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:50 pm

LR:

I "followed" quite a while before that date, in the sense of curiosity to see what somebody is going to do (or rather say) next


I awarded you anonymity and ProVox didn’t do/say anything that either referenced you or the Forum, so you have no reason to explain your thinking.

Since then I have made a sterling effort not to tread on your toes, although of course I recognise and (surprise, surprise) am at odds with much of what you post.


So let’s leave it on that basis and we should have no problems. :roll:

As far as CL is concerned. After all this time I find myself feeling sorry for Jim. He wanted to run a simple information and social outlet with no hassle. In a sense he was quite successful in that respect. Life isn't that simple of course and I believe he felt overwhelmed and threatened when somebody with a bit of savvy expressed views diametrically opposed to his. Then he routinely over reacted. It was OK to criticise Thatcher but not to praise her - sort of thing. Put simply he was unsuited temprementally to run a modern, diverse Chat Forum, I hope he isn't bitter and enjoys his retirement
.

You do not open a Bar and then only serve soft drinks as you personally are opposed to alcohol, the Bar has to pay its way. I suppose with a Forum the number of active members is a significant consideration for advertisers? As you say, ‘.....he was unsuited temprementally to run a modern, diverse Chat Forum’ ..... it was on that basis. bound to fail eventually.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby Londonrake » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Since then I have made a sterling effort not to tread on your toes, although of course I recognise and (surprise, surprise) am at odds with much of what you post.


So let’s leave it on that basis and we should have no problems. :roll:


When faced with somebody of your unshakeable integrity, what other option do I have?

BTW. It's been a very long time since I was awarded anything (I didn't even manage the loser's wine) so thank you for that. :wink: :D
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The Peyia Pensioners' site is closing down!

Postby tsukoui » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:53 pm

I will tell you a story, not long after I moved from Finsbury Park to just the other side of Thatcher's Constituency I began to have dreams of video cassettes which held my favourite adventures. Having never seen a video cassette player before I imagined putting these cassettes in the player and lo and behold I could re-run my favourite dreams. In the old Victorian house that we had bought, number 10 no less, I became obsessed with ghosts. Of course I didn't know what I was doing at the time being only four, but I covered the as yet unpapered walls with pictures of ghastly, yet friendly, ghosts ala pac-man. It was then that my mother gave me a teddy bear. To my horror every night from then on, whilst my teddy bear was lying at the foot of my bed, he would take me in my dreams to a clearing in the forest where English witches would try to cook and eat me. We flew there of course, much like the classic film "the Snowman". I grew out of ghosts unconsciously absorbing the lessons, but it was not until today that I thought about the dangers of listening to the experiences of slaves or slavs, in the past I showed no fear, now I am wondering dervish :roll:
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest