The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:26 pm

LR:
........ and of course, I'm getting totally mixed up with Paphitis. :oops: :oops: :oops:


That’s not difficult to understand ............... but he’s more on your side, isn’t he, because he certainly doesn't agree with me on 'pootin' , Assad, Iran or anything else come to that ? :roll: :wink:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Londonrake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Robin Hood wrote:LR:
........ and of course, I'm getting totally mixed up with Paphitis. ...


That’s not difficult to understand ............... but he’s more on your side, isn’t he, because he certainly doesn't agree with me on 'pootin' , Assad, Iran or anything else come to that ? :roll: :wink:


Robin!! What an ugly thing to say. :P I haven't said a word. :cry: In fact, I've been far more supportive of your views on Brexit. You've even been scornfully referred to by Tim to me as "your mate"! :shock: :wink: :D

Friendship isn't what it used to be nowadays. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:LR:
........ and of course, I'm getting totally mixed up with Paphitis. ...


That’s not difficult to understand ............... but he’s more on your side, isn’t he, because he certainly doesn't agree with me on 'pootin' , Assad, Iran or anything else come to that ? :roll:


Robin!! What an ugly thing to say. :P I haven't said a word. :cry: In fact, I've been far more supportive of your views on Brexit. You've even been scornfully referred to by Tim to me as "your mate"! :shock:

Friendship isn't what it used to be nowadays. :cry:


I really don't know what is happening these days. :roll: At least they can't blame the result of the Brexit vote on Putin ...... oh, hang on 'they' did :oops: ............ and Jeremy Corbin is a Putin stooge .......... even a traitor ! :sniper:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Londonrake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I really don't know what is happening these days. :roll: At least they can't blame the result of the Brexit vote on Putin ...... oh, hang on 'they' did :oops: ............ and Jeremy Corbin is a Putin stooge .......... even a traitor ! :sniper:


Well, I have to disagree with "them". IIRC VP went out of his way to at least appear cautiously neutral in the matter.

Nevertheless, he clearly wouldn't be upset at the break-up of a half billion strong power block on his border, moving inexorably towards greater and greater centralised control and federal armed forces, given that it's the UK, the most powerful militarily component, that's going

As for your comment on Corbyn, if you just remove the word "Putin" IMHO I believe it would be entirely correct.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:34 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
CBBB wrote:What a load of b*llocks!

I don't think it is...

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-us-ai ... are-2017-1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/30/no ... -east.html


Well .... the incident with the Russian jets was obviously not 'fake news' .......... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFnDfvUVGc

I think you have here an accusation that is actually backed with some evidence ...... but it is no good looking for this in any US/UK TV stations! I think I first saw this on RT ? :lol: :lol: :lol:


That wasn't an Aircraft carrier they flew over.

the fact is, no Russian Aircraft will ever be allowed within 100 miles of an American battle group or carrier without being engaged by about 10 aircraft from every direction.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:38 am

There is only a 1 week window where these aircraft carriers are in port. And when we say they are in port, that does not mean the USA.

The remainder of the Battle Group would still be at Sea, as ships are only ever rotated. the entire battle Group never goes to port all at once. military planners also pick their time to take advantage of low tempo windows and Aircraft carriers go to port for a variety of reasons. not all of them are in maintenance but could be stocking up on stores, fuel, and rotation of Crews. Personnel are only allowed 6 months of constant deployment.

In the Mediterranean, the US 5th Fleet includes other capital Ships such as the HMAS Canberra which actually cross decks USN F-35 VTOL for Air Support to the Fleet. You can also bet, that there might be other capital ships there as well, such as either a British, Spanish, Italian or French Aircraft carrier to cover the gap.

The assertion that the US is planing a false Flag against its carriers is insanity in its purist form and fake news.

Whatever keeps you peasants happy and occupied.

BTW, the USN George H W bush is scheduled to leave port on 20Jan - same day as Trump's inauguration.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:48 am

BTW, the Coalition welcomes Israel into the Syrian war!

Some wonderful Air Strikes were conducted just to the South West of Damascus targeting Regime military targets and Hesbollah!

Wonderful news!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:59 am

Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
CBBB wrote:What a load of b*llocks!

I don't think it is...

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-us-ai ... are-2017-1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/30/no ... -east.html


Well .... the incident with the Russian jets was obviously not 'fake news' .......... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFnDfvUVGc

I think you have here an accusation that is actually backed with some evidence ...... but it is no good looking for this in any US/UK TV stations! I think I first saw this on RT ? :lol: :lol: :lol:


That wasn't an Aircraft carrier they flew over.

the fact is, no Russian Aircraft will ever be allowed within 100 miles of an American battle group or carrier without being engaged by about 10 aircraft from every direction.


Do you EVER actually read and understand anything?

Lets make it simple: The ship involved in the Russians aerial display was a state of the art missile destroyer. Listen to the voices ...... US voices ..... without Russian accent. They identified SU-24's, clean wings (No weapons) so apart from the embarrassment of having to sit out the air display ..... they were no threat.

If it was this easy for a couple of jets to immobilise a very modern US destroyer then their rather antiquated carries would be just as vulnerable ..... and given your comments .... would be of great concern as they would not be able to launch any aircraft. So the 10 aircraft would be sat on the deck watching the display ...... just like the crew on the destroyer.

I have told you before; the Russians realised a long time ago that the best form of attack for them was defence. The US had your attitude that they reigned supreme and were invincible. So the Russians went for counter measures that negated the threat. That is why their ICBM's are invulnerable to US defences ...... seconds after launch they change both direction and trajectory. The Russians are not as dumb as you seem to think they are, in fact very much smarted going by results,

The 10 aircraft carriers are in dock ..... as the OP stated ........ or did you miss that bit? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
CBBB wrote:What a load of b*llocks!

I don't think it is...

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-us-ai ... are-2017-1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/30/no ... -east.html


Well .... the incident with the Russian jets was obviously not 'fake news' .......... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFnDfvUVGc

I think you have here an accusation that is actually backed with some evidence ...... but it is no good looking for this in any US/UK TV stations! I think I first saw this on RT ? :lol: :lol: :lol:


That wasn't an Aircraft carrier they flew over.

the fact is, no Russian Aircraft will ever be allowed within 100 miles of an American battle group or carrier without being engaged by about 10 aircraft from every direction.


Do you EVER actually read and understand anything?

Lets make it simple: The ship involved in the Russians aerial display was a state of the art missile destroyer. Listen to the voices ...... US voices ..... without Russian accent. They identified SU-24's, clean wings (No weapons) so apart from the embarrassment of having to sit out the air display ..... they were no threat.

If it was this easy for a couple of jets to immobilise a very modern US destroyer then their rather antiquated carries would be just as vulnerable ..... and given your comments .... would be of great concern as they would not be able to launch any aircraft. So the 10 aircraft would be sat on the deck watching the display ...... just like the crew on the destroyer.

I have told you before; the Russians realised a long time ago that the best form of attack for them was defence. The US had your attitude that they reigned supreme and were invincible. So the Russians went for counter measures that negated the threat. That is why their ICBM's are invulnerable to US defences ...... seconds after launch they change both direction and trajectory. The Russians are not as dumb as you seem to think they are, in fact very much smarted going by results,

The 10 aircraft carriers are in dock ..... as the OP stated ........ or did you miss that bit? :roll:


Yeh sure, I can really believe one Russian plane was able to shut down an AEGIS equipped Arleigh Burke destroyer.

Mate, they would have had the Russian plane locked up and scrambling for its safety and in addition there is no Russian Aircraft with that kind of capability - especially the Su-24 which doesn't even conduct any jamming at all. The Russians are at least 30 years behind the eight6 ball when it comes to these capabilities and you saw it with the Kuznetsov as they were clearly even incapable of safely landing their own planes which really does say something.

You want jamming, then the USA, and other NATO allies are the leaders of the pack.

In addition, the article called Sep11 a US false Flag. As an indication to this writer's bias and that the article is FAKE NEWS.

Stick to the daily Mail. You might start talking more sense!

Oh btw, AEGIS is all fibre Optic, and it has numerous back ups. they can shut one down and operate on multiple frequencies with multiple redundancies.

Also, if the US Aircraft carrier Fleet were scheduled for upgrades, then they would do one at time or two at a time, not the entire fleet at once. And such an upgrade is more likely to take months, not a week!

Next idiot please.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ten Aircraft Carriers Aligned in a Row

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 am

In addition, this isn't the first time or the last time the US carrier fleet is in port.

The last time was in October 2016. They don't have to be constantly at sea, for no reason and have quite a lot of Cruisers, destroyers, and Frigates as well as Submarines that are more than capable enough to fulfill peace time roles.

In addition, their allies have Aircraft carriers too.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest