The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


May's Brexit Speech

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 am

Yeh I am looking forward to Nuclear drills at school where the siren goes and we all get under the desk.

back to the 50s.

Enjoy!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Schnauzer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:55 am

Paphitis wrote:Yeh I am looking forward to Nuclear drills at school where the siren goes and we all get under the desk.

back to the 50s.

Enjoy!


'Nuclear War' will never happen cobber, settle down and watch the 'Craic' as old Trumpy winds 'em all up till the spring breaks !. :lol:
User avatar
Schnauzer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: Touring Timbuktu.

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 am

Schnauzer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yeh I am looking forward to Nuclear drills at school where the siren goes and we all get under the desk.

back to the 50s.

Enjoy!


'Nuclear War' will never happen cobber, settle down and watch the 'Craic' as old Trumpy winds 'em all up till the spring breaks !. :lol:


And what is the purpose of building more Nuclear Weapons? USA has 3000 warheads which is more than enough to destroy the planet many times over.

Russia has 9000 warheads.

How is a Nuclear Arms race going to stabilize the planet?

Many people said that a Hitler wasn't possible? We are cutting it mighty fine these days with pootin, who has invaded and annexed territories from 2 sovereign States and there are question marks over the motivations of Trump too. Too early to gauge I grant you, but the warning signs are there.

At least in the USA there are multiple checks and balances still, but the leadership in Russia is a hell of a lot more authoritarian. All this uncertainty is going to embolden many rogues.

And for the first time, the USA has given Israel a blanket licence to continue with the illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank. What effect will that have on the Middle East?

You have been a critic of the USA, but this is the first US Administration which has basically told Israel to continue breaking International Law. No other US President ever did that in my living memory.

The USA has always opposed the settlements and supported a 2 State Solution, until now.

BREXIT is the least of our problems.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Schnauzer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:30 am

The Jews are never happier than when they are at the centre of a good 'Schemozzle', the current situation in the realm of 'Politics' is like an early staging of the 'Grand National' where (at the moment) all the runners are heading for the 'Water Jump'.

Many will fall BUT, you may be sure that the Jews (and Trump) will still be in the running the first time round, it is not a really safe bet and it's certainly not easy to predict a winner although, MY guess is that ultimately the Jews will probably win...by a 'Nose'.., they usually do. 8)
User avatar
Schnauzer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: Touring Timbuktu.

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 am

Robin Hood wrote:TD:

Don’t say you were not warned that cash under the bed will not be a good long term financial option. Limits on cash transactions, already just €500 in Greece, are only to limit terrorism financing though ...... if you believe that you will believe anything.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/28/europe-limits-on-cash-transactions-war-on-cash/

Similar story but linked to the full EU document.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash


With reference to drivel: QED.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:44 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:TD:

Don’t say you were not warned that cash under the bed will not be a good long term financial option. Limits on cash transactions, already just €500 in Greece, are only to limit terrorism financing though ...... if you believe that you will believe anything.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/28/europe-limits-on-cash-transactions-war-on-cash/

Similar story but linked to the full EU document.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash


With reference to drivel: QED.


Yep! Zerohedge and Wolfstreet no less. Couldn't be anymore diabolical.

Let's just use Anarchist sources and fear mongerers as credible sources.

There is no point trying to reason with such people Tim.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00 am

Tim Drayton wrote:A poor financial expert is something of an oxymoron, isn't it?


:lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:54 am

Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:TD:

Don’t say you were not warned that cash under the bed will not be a good long term financial option. Limits on cash transactions, already just €500 in Greece, are only to limit terrorism financing though ...... if you believe that you will believe anything.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/28/europe-limits-on-cash-transactions-war-on-cash/

Similar story but linked to the full EU document.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash


With reference to drivel: QED.


Yep! Zerohedge and Wolfstreet no less. Couldn't be anymore diabolical.

Let's just use Anarchist sources and fear mongerers as credible sources.

There is no point trying to reason with such people Tim.


It also sadly misses the point because this is not what is meant by 'moving into cash' in the context of stock market investment, as any financial expert should know. Somebody else previously tried to explain this, too. Sheesht!
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:TD:

Don’t say you were not warned that cash under the bed will not be a good long term financial option. Limits on cash transactions, already just €500 in Greece, are only to limit terrorism financing though ...... if you believe that you will believe anything.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/28/europe-limits-on-cash-transactions-war-on-cash/

Similar story but linked to the full EU document.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash


With reference to drivel: QED.


Yep! Zerohedge and Wolfstreet no less. Couldn't be anymore diabolical.

Let's just use Anarchist sources and fear mongerers as credible sources.

There is no point trying to reason with such people Tim.


It also sadly misses the point because this is not what is meant by 'moving into cash' in the context of stock market investment, as any financial expert should know. Somebody else previously tried to explain this, too. Sheesht!


I only look at the links Tim. I saw zerohedge and Wolfstreet.

Both extremely dubious sites with an agenda. I do not open these links nor am I interested in understanding any context.

If I want financial information I look at The Financial Review, Bloomberg or CNBC if I want to know anything about money and what the markets are doing and to gauge sentiment. There are also hundreds of sites that can teach the interested about Finance, Bonds, Banks, how money is made, how stocks rise and fall, and you can also find out about corporations, the good and the bad and the absolute corrupt and scandalous because there is also plenty of that as well.

Zerohedge and Wolfstreet (name says is all) is not where I or any sensible person will get any information from.

Speaking of scandals, Trump is no stranger to scandals, bankruptcy and corporate collapses. He was lucky to survive in the 90s with his Socratic on his arse when the Banks fortunately decided to keep him trading as the brand name of TRUMP was more valuable to them in business than it was to liquidate his dwindled balance sheet. The Banks were effectively running the show and paying trump a wage.

Which is why he won't release his tax returns. His tax returns show accrued losses of Billions, which he has been rolling over for nearly 3 decades because his recent profits are still in deficit to all the accrued losses and hence he hasn't paid a cent in tax for years.

Few people know that Trump even owned an airline which was bankrupted. The Banks kept his casinos and resorts going as a going concern but very nearly shut him down.

His business exploits are interesting and he wouldn't want all the dirt getting out or the fact he pays less tax than a minimum wage worker. That would not be very good for the Office of the POTUS.

Any bets that it will be leaked from inside?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: May's Brexit Speech

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:TD:

Don’t say you were not warned that cash under the bed will not be a good long term financial option. Limits on cash transactions, already just €500 in Greece, are only to limit terrorism financing though ...... if you believe that you will believe anything.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/28/europe-limits-on-cash-transactions-war-on-cash/

Similar story but linked to the full EU document.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash


With reference to drivel: QED.


It is fact ..... it is happening in several countries. Even in Cyprus; try walking into your bank and depositing a bundle of €100 notes! The Manager will be called over to grill you, same if you try to withdraw a large amount of cash. In Sweden ..... if you tried to pay for goods with cash .... they call the police.

Live in ignorance you are as big a fool as Paphitis!

BTW: The 'zerohedge' link has the full European Union proposals paper on the subject. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests