The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Out of seven posts five of them are yours! As I said I doubt you will find many on this Forum that will agree with you. For somebody who claims "Nothing you've ever said has had me awake at night" you sure spend a lot of time digging up the past.

As previously advised ............do us all a favour and ......... :arrow: :x


But you don't speak for "us". Maybe you should get up a poll? :roll:

You brought up the subject of Blackman. You did it for malicious reasons. It's backfired. Go fish.


......... :arrow: :x
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby tsukoui » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Londonrake, forgive me, but you are a middle class stooge. Of course paranoia in London is running high. Whose fault is that? The simple fact of the matter is that the economy is essentially karmic. What experiences do you have to sell? I always barter with women. Am I gay? Look at what they did to Chelsea Manning. I agree a life sentence for Alexander Blackman was disproportionate. He is essentially a scape goat for the much wider crime of being there in the first place. Thank you.
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Londonrake » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm

tsukoui wrote:Londonrake, forgive me, but you are a middle class stooge. Of course paranoia in London is running high. Whose fault is that? The simple fact of the matter is that the economy is essentially karmic. What experiences do you have to sell? I always barter with women. Am I gay? Look at what they did to Chelsea Manning. I agree a life sentence for Alexander Blackman was disproportionate. He is essentially a scape goat for the much wider crime of being there in the first place. Thank you.


Thank you Tsu.

I appreciate it's misleading but I don't actually live in London nowadays. My fault.

I, like may others, am a marginalised, has-been retiree here in what passes as paradise. Although, unlike some, I am quite comfortable with that status. Furthermore, whatever "class" I am nowadays I certainly didn't start out as much. Forgive me if it's "too much information" but I grew up in an squalid East End ghetto of London, where ourselves and the family who occupied upstairs had to wipe our butts on newspaper, cut up into squares and stuck on a piece of ceiling hanging string, in the garden privy. I credit my toughness and intimate knowledge of Diana Dors experiences (News of the World segments) from that long trial. February was pretty rough.

RH introduced Blackman, totally out of context to the OP, in some sort of attempt to discredit me. He misled on my responses at another Forum.

Yes, Blackman was a scapegoat and did not deserve his destruction. Whether he should or should not have been there was not something any of us had any say in. Most notably him. He was just doing his duty, got carried away and murdered an enemy but I pity him for his fate.

RH's comments regarding out-and-out atrocities wrt his "favoured" countries serve to highlight the bloke's hypocrisy. In that respect he is a Guinness book of candidate. I've had many years experience of it.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:44 am

Londonrake wrote:
Some time ago there was an attack on Iranian border guards by a group of - whatever. The next day they dragged 14 members of the same group out of jail and hanged them. Publicly proclaiming that it was in revenge. The man who here calls himself "Robin Hood's" comment was "Seems fair enough".

Trust me. The man is the best/worst hypocrite you are ever likely to meet. More to follow..................... if necessary.


Goodness me! :shock:

I have seen many examples of his recalcitrance, but this just leaves me flabbergasted.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 am

Robin Hood wrote:Out of seven posts five of them are yours! As I said I doubt you will find many on this Forum that will agree with you. For somebody who claims "Nothing you've ever said has had me awake at night" you sure spend a lot of time digging up the past.

As previously advised ............do us all a favour and ......... :arrow: :x


I agree with everything he has said so far.

What i find unbelievable is your stance on the Iranian hangings. No matter how you dice it, that is a real crime.

As for the hapless soldier, i do not consider him a criminal. I recognize that he had a moment of weakness, vulnerability and probably PTSD which all contributed to him acting in a split second of outrage which is deserving of being addressed by a Court Marshall wrt The British Armed Forces Act but I do not believe he is deserving of life imprisonment.

The fact is the Geneva Convention doesn't even come into it because Taliban are not classified under its definition of Combatant, hence reliance on British laws for a conviction. That's right! British laws! The day I see Iran have such Laws and transparency is the day i will eat my Akubra!

in fact, I think it is time for his release and rehabilitation into civilian life.

The other point is this. this was an isolated incident which the British Armed Forces are well equipped in dealing with. you can't be comparing Iran to Britain. They aren't comparable.

it is pretty unfair for the members of the public to be using this man as some kind of scape goat.

BTW, I have never seen you say anything positive about the UK, or the USA either. not even about the EU, or Australia. You are an apologist for all our enemies and anyone who opposes us, and you will come up with anything to discredit your own country, including cyprus, for the gain of Russia, and Iran and such like.

In fact, you would even discredit Cyprus and act as an apologist for turkey the very second pootin and Erdogan start fornicating together!

you are a traitor! pure and simple! :evil:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:18 am

Paphitis wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Out of seven posts five of them are yours! As I said I doubt you will find many on this Forum that will agree with you. For somebody who claims "Nothing you've ever said has had me awake at night" you sure spend a lot of time digging up the past.

As previously advised ............do us all a favour and ......... :arrow: :x


I agree with everything he has said so far.

What i find unbelievable is your stance on the Iranian hangings. No matter how you dice it, that is a real crime.

As for the hapless soldier, i do not consider him a criminal. I recognize that he had a moment of weakness, vulnerability and probably PTSD which all contributed to him acting in a split second of outrage which is deserving of being addressed by a Court Marshall wrt The British Armed Forces Act but I do not believe he is deserving of life imprisonment.

The fact is the Geneva Convention doesn't even come into it because Taliban are not classified under its definition of Combatant, hence reliance on British laws for a conviction. That's right! British laws! The day I see Iran have such Laws and transparency is the day i will eat my Akubra!

in fact, I think it is time for his release and rehabilitation into civilian life.

The other point is this. this was an isolated incident which the British Armed Forces are well equipped in dealing with. you can't be comparing Iran to Britain. They aren't comparable.

it is pretty unfair for the members of the public to be using this man as some kind of scape goat.

BTW, I have never seen you say anything positive about the UK, or the USA either. not even about the EU, or Australia. You are an apologist for all our enemies and anyone who opposes us, and you will come up with anything to discredit your own country, including cyprus, for the gain of Russia, and Iran and such like.

In fact, you would even discredit Cyprus and act as an apologist for turkey the very second pootin and Erdogan start fornicating together!

you are a traitor! pure and simple! :evil:


You're loud mouthed and brainless with it ..... but then I have a forgiving nature I just feel sorry for you! :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Londonrake » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Robin Hood wrote:You're loud mouthed and brainless with it ..... but then I have a forgiving nature I just feel sorry for you! :lol: :lol:


Having followed the Forum "exploits" of you both for quite some time I suspect that either of you would be a bit lost without the other. There must be many examples of such a relationship throughout history.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Alexander Blackman: refuttal

Postby Paphitis » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 am

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:You're loud mouthed and brainless with it ..... but then I have a forgiving nature I just feel sorry for you! :lol: :lol:


Having followed the Forum "exploits" of you both for quite some time I suspect that either of you would be a bit lost without the other. There must be many examples of such a relationship throughout history.


Not true.

I can do without him. he is an unwelcome and irrational member as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't have a beer with him, and wouldn't piss on him either.

Ever since this guy joined, everything just veered to the ridiculous.

He needs to learn some respect and to desist from insulting members. In addition, his views on the West are pathological in nature.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests