The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Get Real! » Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Btw… post-exit EU products will be more expensive to buy in Britain and that can only mean that British products will be a lot more competitive at home.

So France won’t be selling as many Citroens in England as they used to and Italy won’t be selling as many FIATS in England as they did before but who cares… British cars will be selling more! :)

Britain is pretty self-sufficient… they manufacture pretty much everything so it’s not like you’re gonna lose out much on foreign products. Ok, maybe the females will be crying a little bit because French and Italian fashion items will go up in price.

But anyway, in my opinion within 5 years from exiting the EU Britain will be laughing all the way to the bank!

Good for them… I wish them well and may everyone else’s exit be swift and merry.
Last edited by Get Real! on Mon May 22, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 22, 2017 11:34 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:I believe that leaving the EU will be disastrous for the UK. I believe that staying in the EU is the best thing for my country to do.


You believe ...... so it is your opinion only? We all have beliefs/opinions but, if you have evidence rather than just an unsubstantiated opinion, I would listen to your argument. :|

I believe it could snow in Limassol today ..... of course, that is only my opinion but I have no evidence to justify my belief ! :roll: :wink:


Unsubstantiated? Look at my many posts where I have done just this. On the other hand, nobody is able to substantiate the opinion that leaving the EU will be good for the UK. All we here is: 'Suck it up, remoaner. You lost. Zip it.' This, of course, is just to cover up for the absence of any rational arguments to back their case.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:I believe that leaving the EU will be disastrous for the UK. I believe that staying in the EU is the best thing for my country to do.


You believe ...... so it is your opinion only? We all have beliefs/opinions but, if you have evidence rather than just an unsubstantiated opinion, I would listen to your argument. :|

I believe it could snow in Limassol today ..... of course, that is only my opinion but I have no evidence to justify my belief ! :roll: :wink:


Unsubstantiated? Look at my many posts where I have done just this. On the other hand, nobody is able to substantiate the opinion that leaving the EU will be good for the UK. All we here is: 'Suck it up, remoaner. You lost. Zip it.' This, of course, is just to cover up for the absence of any rational arguments to back their case.


I have looked at your posts, not once have you given a view that was backed by some tangible assessment as to why things will be worse. All the predictions at the time of the referendum, which you say only apply in two years time when we actually leave, are simply predictions based on other predictions and opinion. The simple fact is that nobody know what will happen but at least it will be in the hands of the people rather than dictats from a bunch of foreign federalist bureaucrats like Junker and his associates. :roll:

IMO: It is easier to assess why the Eurozone and even more so the Euro will be in greater trouble than the UK.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Could somebody please explain to me why the negative effects of leaving the EU are supposed to be felt before leaving? It is like telling a child not to play with matches otherwise they will burn themselves. The child does not play with matches and then says, 'You were lying. I did not get burnt.'
To my mind, it is as puzzling as the statement that in a democracy you cannot express the view that a poll result was a bad one, while accepting the validity of the result.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Robin Hood wrote:The simple fact is that nobody know what will happen.


In that case, your negative predictions are also wrong.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The simple fact is that nobody know what will happen.


In that case, your negative predictions are also wrong.


Quite frankly I don't know why we are arguing over this ..... very few things are predictable, unless you can prove it WILL happen. Does smoking give you lung cancer? There are those that smoke who do not get lung cancer and there are those that don't smoke who do get it. So it is unpredictable ..... only eventual death is a certainty. :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Londonrake » Mon May 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The simple fact is that nobody know what will happen.


In that case, your negative predictions are also wrong.


Quite frankly I don't know why we are arguing over this ..... very few things are predictable, unless you can prove it WILL happen. Does smoking give you lung cancer? There are those that smoke who do not get lung cancer and there are those that don't smoke who do get it. So it is unpredictable ..... only eventual death is a certainty. :roll:


Don't forget the taxes thing. :cry:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Little Englanders, we tried to tell you!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The simple fact is that nobody know what will happen.


In that case, your negative predictions are also wrong.


Quite frankly I don't know why we are arguing over this ..... very few things are predictable, unless you can prove it WILL happen. Does smoking give you lung cancer? There are those that smoke who do not get lung cancer and there are those that don't smoke who do get it. So it is unpredictable ..... only eventual death is a certainty. :roll:


Don't forget the taxes thing. :cry:


Ah .... but you can avoid a lot of taxes! No matter how rich you are you cannot avoid death ...... well, not at the moment you can't ! :roll: :D
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest