The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 pm

I had to smile while reading yesterday how the British influenced the 1911 elections in the Ottoman Empire in which the opposition beat the Committee of Union and Progress, the dominant force in politics since they overthrew the Sultan in 1908. The British did it by propagating the opinion that the Committee of Union and Progress was a party of zionists and masons, it being true that the committee had members who were Jewish and Masons, but the allegation did not really hold water. The motivation of the British was that they had their eyes set on certain Ottoman territories, notably Iraq, and most of the people with the skills and experience to govern were in the Committee of Union and Progress, while the opposition was seen as likely to form a weak and pliant government.

Well, well. Influencing elections through fake news calculated to inflame the base prejudices of the masses, for the benefit of an outside power. There is nothing new under the sun.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 15, 2017 10:04 am

There’s a “realistic possibility” Russia will try to sabotage the upcoming election in the U.K. next month, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told the Telegraph in an interview published Saturday.

“Clearly we think that is what he did in America, it’s blatantly obvious that’s what he did in France,” Johnson said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin.


http://www.politico.eu/article/boris-jo ... -election/

Developing amnesia are we Mr Johnson? There is another poll that was held less than a year ago in which Putin is suspected of helping to sway the result. Care to mention that one?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
There’s a “realistic possibility” Russia will try to sabotage the upcoming election in the U.K. next month, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told the Telegraph in an interview published Saturday.

“Clearly we think that is what he did in America, it’s blatantly obvious that’s what he did in France,” Johnson said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin.


http://www.politico.eu/article/boris-jo ... -election/

Developing amnesia are we Mr Johnson? There is another poll that was held less than a year ago in which Putin is suspected of helping to sway the result. Care to mention that one?


I posted the original because I thought it was refreshing for a change that Putin was not being blamed.

Some idiots are trying to blame the recent fiasco with 'ransomware' on Russia as well. What a sad lot of disillusioned morons we chose as leaders! The sooner May dumps this upper class idiot the better fro the UK.

BTW: Have you noticed how the Conservatives are using the same fear tactics they used in the EU Referendum? This time the bogey man is Corbyn but I can't help noticing that Corbyn is actually saying what he intends to do for the people in the UK, whereas May and her team have presented few actual policies but have predicted everything Corbyn proposes will lead to catastrophe.

I think I would vote Labour ..... if I was allowed a vote. :roll: :wink:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Londonrake » Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I posted the original because I thought it was refreshing for a change that Putin was not being blamed.

Some idiots are trying to blame the recent fiasco with 'ransomware' on Russia as well.


I wouldn't argue they don't exist but in the news tomes I browse (BBC, DT, Guardian, etc) I haven't seen any suggestions that Russia played a part. In fact, it was reported that Russia, particularly their police, had been heavily hit:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/698895/ru ... ally-angry

Why would any country deliberately release this? It seems that, despite it's world-wide spread, the perpetrators have only realised a relatively small sum of money. I suspect it's "success" has probably taken them by surprise, given the small number of Bitcoin wallets they employed. Moreover, there are an awful lot of very IT savvy people looking for them at present. :shock:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Mike Whitney says it a lot better than I can ..... but anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence would have come to the same conclusion by now anyway!

The Russian Hacking Fiasco - By Mike Whitney

There’s no proof that Russian officials or Russian agents colluded with members of the Trump campaign.
There’s no proof that Russia provided material support of any kind for the Trump campaign or that Russian agents hacked Hillary Clinton’s emails or that Russian officials provided Wikileaks with emails that were intended to sabotage Hillary’s chances to win the election.

So far, no one in any of the 17 US intelligence agencies has stepped forward and verified the claims of Russian meddling or produced a scintilla of hard evidence that Russia was in anyway involved in the 2016 elections.

No proof means no proof. It means that the people and organizations that are making these uncorroborated claims have no basis for legal action, no presumption of wrongdoing, and no grounds for prosecution. They have nothing. Zilch. Their claims, charges and accusations are like the soap bubbles we give to our children and grandchildren. The brightly-colored bubbles wobble across the sky for a minute or two and then, Poof, they vanish into the ether. The claims of Russia hacking are like these bubbles. They are empty, unsubstantiated rumors completely devoid of substance. Poof.


...... and he gives a perfectly logical reason why Russia has been chosen to 'take-the-can'.
But, why?

Because Donald Trump had the audacity to win an election that was earmarked for establishment favorite and globalist warmonger-in-chief, Hillary Clinton. That’s what this witch hunt is all about, sour grapes.

But why has Russia been chosen as the target in this deep state-media scam? What has Russia done to deserve all the negative press and unsupported claims of criminal meddling?

That’s easy. Just look at a map. For the last 16 years, the US has been rampaging across North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. Washington intends to control critical oil and natural gas reserves in the ME, establish military bases across Central Asia, and remain the dominant player in an area of that is set to become the most populous and prosperous region of the world. It’s the Great Game all over again, only this time-around, Uncle Sam is in the drivers seat not the Queen of England.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/47040.htm
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
There’s a “realistic possibility” Russia will try to sabotage the upcoming election in the U.K. next month, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told the Telegraph in an interview published Saturday.

“Clearly we think that is what he did in America, it’s blatantly obvious that’s what he did in France,” Johnson said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin.


http://www.politico.eu/article/boris-jo ... -election/

Developing amnesia are we Mr Johnson? There is another poll that was held less than a year ago in which Putin is suspected of helping to sway the result. Care to mention that one?


I posted the original because I thought it was refreshing for a change that Putin was not being blamed.

Some idiots are trying to blame the recent fiasco with 'ransomware' on Russia as well. What a sad lot of disillusioned morons we chose as leaders! The sooner May dumps this upper class idiot the better fro the UK.

BTW: Have you noticed how the Conservatives are using the same fear tactics they used in the EU Referendum? This time the bogey man is Corbyn but I can't help noticing that Corbyn is actually saying what he intends to do for the people in the UK, whereas May and her team have presented few actual policies but have predicted everything Corbyn proposes will lead to catastrophe.

I think I would vote Labour ..... if I was allowed a vote. :roll: :wink:


Here's a paragraph from the article that you obviously haven't even bothered to read:

It also reveals a critical and gaping hole in the political debate in Britain. Because what is happening in America and what is happening in Britain are entwined. Brexit and Trump are entwined. The Trump administration’s links to Russia and Britain are entwined. And Cambridge Analytica is one point of focus through which we can see all these relationships in play; it also reveals the elephant in the room as we hurtle into a general election: Britain tying its future to an America that is being remade - in a radical and alarming way - by Trump.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

He wouldn't have sacked the CIA chief unless he was on to something.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Londonrake » Mon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:He wouldn't have sacked the CIA chief unless he was on to something.


Do you mean the FBI Chief, Comey?

I doubt that will change anything, except perhaps to invite even more interest, speculation and comparisons with Watergate.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:He wouldn't have sacked the CIA chief unless he was on to something.


'HE' wrote the dismissal letter to Comey on the recommendation of the Attorney General, therefore it would have been the Attorney General that was '.... on to something.' not Trump. :roll:

Maybe it was Putin that made the recommendation to the US AG to get his US Russian agent off-the-hook ? :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Robin Hood on Mon May 15, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The UK's EU referendum was rigged !!!!

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon May 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:He wouldn't have sacked the CIA chief unless he was on to something.


Do you mean the FBI Chief, Comey?

I doubt that will change anything, except perhaps to invite even more interest, speculation and comparisons with Watergate.


Yes, I do. Thanks.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests