The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU passport

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: EU passport

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Londonrake wrote: In an hour, or less if you're on the usual form, it'll be foul-mouthed ranting.



Get Real! wrote:Oh fuck what you meant... I'll go do something more interesting.


There you go! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: EU passport

Postby Sotos » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:40 pm

Get Real is talking nonsense as usual. The best answer was given by GiG. Essentially if you can show that you are dependent on your daughter (e.g. you are very old, very sick and have no other children in your own country) then you can get a residence permit. More details:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf ... enDocument
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:01 am

Sotos wrote:Get Real is talking nonsense as usual. The best answer was given by GiG. Essentially if you can show that you are dependent on your daughter (e.g. you are very old, very sick and have no other children in your own country) then you can get a residence permit. More details:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

Remember what I said about my pinkie? :?

You’d better believe it Sotiraki because you fucked up again! :lol:

Neither of the links you posted say that a non-EU family member is entitled to EU citizenship.

They are talking about “transferring a residence card” and obtaining a “residence card”, but not obtaining EU citizenship.

But of course English comprehension isn’t your strong point… which begs the question… do you actually have *ANY* strong points Sotos, other than making a dick of yourself?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Sotos » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 am

:roll: Once you get a residence permit then after a 7 years you can apply for the citizenship as well. In fact since her daughter is married to a Cypriot her daughter can get the Cypriot citizenship and then her mother can apply for the citizenship after just 5 years. So GR once again you are WRONG ;)
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 am

Sotos wrote::roll: Once you get a residence permit then after a 7 years you can apply for the citizenship as well. In fact since her daughter is married to a Cypriot her daughter can get the Cypriot citizenship and then her mother can apply for the citizenship after just 5 years. So GR once again you are WRONG ;)
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

You can apply to become the president if you want but it doesn’t mean they’ll make you one! :lol:

The fact remains that there is no AUTOMATIC ENTITLEMENT to EU citizenship just because your son or daughter has it.

GR's pinkie is NEVER wrong. 8)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby miltiades » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:22 am

Ever tried putting your pinkie up your arse ?
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:39 am

miltiades wrote:Ever tried putting your pinkie up your arse ?

Well that explains why both of yours have vanished. :?

Oh wait... that's your whole arm missing!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Sotos » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote::roll: Once you get a residence permit then after a 7 years you can apply for the citizenship as well. In fact since her daughter is married to a Cypriot her daughter can get the Cypriot citizenship and then her mother can apply for the citizenship after just 5 years. So GR once again you are WRONG ;)
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

You can apply to become the president if you want but it doesn’t mean they’ll make you one! :lol:

The fact remains that there is no AUTOMATIC ENTITLEMENT to EU citizenship just because your son or daughter has it.

GR's pinkie is NEVER wrong. 8)


Seems like you have comprehension problems. There is nothing about "entitlement" in the question.

Michelle1967 wrote:Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU passport

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Sotos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote::roll: Once you get a residence permit then after a 7 years you can apply for the citizenship as well. In fact since her daughter is married to a Cypriot her daughter can get the Cypriot citizenship and then her mother can apply for the citizenship after just 5 years. So GR once again you are WRONG ;)
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

You can apply to become the president if you want but it doesn’t mean they’ll make you one! :lol:

The fact remains that there is no AUTOMATIC ENTITLEMENT to EU citizenship just because your son or daughter has it.

GR's pinkie is NEVER wrong. 8)


Seems like you have comprehension problems. There is nothing about "entitlement" in the question.

Michelle1967 wrote:Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too?


.... and the answer is YES ....... eventually. First permanent resident status then, in some years she can apply for citizenship.

So ignore GR as he is just an unpleasant person with a big foul mouth supported by limited brain capacity! :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Sotos wrote:Seems like you have comprehension problems. There is nothing about "entitlement" in the question.

Michelle1967 wrote:Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too?

Incorrect!

Here's the question again... (watch how I clear it up for you with pseudocode)

"Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too?"



So it's a simple case of (Condition #1) AND-ed with (Condition #2), so in javascript it would look like this:


Success=(live in Cyprus)&&(get an EU passport);


Which will always return FALSE because the TIMING of both these conditions being successful will always be off by a number of years (5+)

She obviously assumed that a successful residence permit also automatically equals to citizenship! :wink:


Elementary for a programmer...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40444
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests