The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU passport

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

EU passport

Postby Michelle1967 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:54 am

My South African daughter is married to a Cypriot and has an EU passport and living in Cyprus. Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too? Thank you in advance.
Michelle1967
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:47 am

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:31 pm

You’re basically asking…

“Does a Mother-In-Law inherit EU citizenship?”

And my answer to that is…

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Get Real! wrote:You’re basically asking…

“Does a Mother-In-Law inherit EU citizenship?”

And my answer to that is…

:lol: :lol: :lol:


She's asking a polite question relevant to her situation. Her first response coming from the Forum's champion recruiter, Numb nuts. Aka "Get well" :roll:

There's lots of info if you try a search on the subject. I haven't checked it out but this might be a good starting point:

http://www.eurescyprus.eu/regulations-governing-eu.html

.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Londonrake wrote:She's asking a polite question relevant to her situation. Her first response coming from the Forum's champion recruiter, Numb nuts. Aka "Get well" :roll:

There's lots of info if you try a search on the subject. I haven't checked it out but this might be a good starting point:

http://www.eurescyprus.eu/regulations-governing-eu.html
.

In time, you too will learn that GR's little pinkie has more IQ than that pea under your scalp and think TWICE before showing disrespect to my perfect answers to people's queries. :)

From your quoted link...

This text provides information for the citizens of other Member States of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA), and also nationals of Switzerland, and their families.


It doesn't say... "This text provides information for the citizens of other Member States and their NON-EU families" :roll: :lol:

Having FAILED here are your orders:

About Turn!

Insert foot in mouth!

Forward, MARCH!

Hop 2, 3, 4, hop 2, 3, 4...


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

People's posts, particularly as in this case a first, should be treated with a modicum of respect and met with an encouraging and welcoming tone. Not, as is usually the case with you, regarded as a platform for the usual "Look how witty and clever I am" response. When you're not posting through the bottom of a bottle that is.

FWIW, you're actually a blight on this Forum and one of the principle reasons for it's lack of success in having a very poor rate of postings/diversity of subject matter.

But then again, I suspect that's perfect for you. It is, after all, your personal Forum.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Londonrake wrote:FWIW, you're actually a blight on this Forum and one of the principle reasons for it's lack of success in having a very poor rate of postings/diversity of subject matter.

Action talks and bullshit walks so here’s the deal:

Why don’t you do a POLL to find out if readers would rather see ME gone or YOU, from this forum?

At the end of the week the loser will close his account and leave. Ok?

Is that fair and square enough for you?

Something like this:

“Which of these two members would you rather see GONE if one had to leave the forum?”

1. GR
2. Londonrake

I trust you're a democratic person... :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Juvenile, playground, response.

We're it though to include all those who have decided not to join, moved on, or, as in my case, don't bother to generate OPs anymore (they merely serve to feed you're ego) because of the likes of you then it might just have some validity.

Get it?

The lady asked a reasonable and polite question, on her first Forum posting. She deserved a commensurate response. Instead, she got you.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: EU passport

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Michelle1967 wrote:My South African daughter is married to a Cypriot and has an EU passport and living in Cyprus. Would I be able to apply to live in Cyprus and get an EU passport too? Thank you in advance.


Hi Michelle

There are some special rules that apply if you are an elderly parent that needs the support from your family. Worth checking out.

Failing that, if you have 2 Million Euros to invest in property then you can get EU citizenship in 6 months.

For example:

http://cypruslaw.org/?gclid=CjwKEAjwhYL ... oCGdrw_wcB

http://www.regencyelite.com/cyprus-citi ... QQQAvD_BwE

[This is what it's worth to have EU citizenship and what every single British person is going to lose out on because of Brexit: a free ticket worth 2 million euros. ]

P.S. I think it's faster (3 months ?) if you invest more.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: EU passport

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Londonrake wrote:Juvenile, playground, response.

We're it though to include all those who have decided not to join, moved on, or, as in my case, don't bother to generate OPs anymore (they merely serve to feed you're ego) because of the likes of you then it might just have some validity.

Get it?

The lady asked a reasonable and polite question, on her first Forum posting. She deserved a commensurate response. Instead, she got you.

CHICKEN! :lol:

With my response she knew INSTANTLY that it’s not gonna happen and without wasting her time, but you gave her nothing but FALSE HOPE by making her read IRRELEVANT JUNK!

IDIOT!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EU passport

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Oh dear, must be Saturday night. Hic.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests