The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 pm

How many on this forum have spat their dummies and thrown their toys out of the pram ..... simply because they are totally incapable of supporting their point of view? Of course a similar accusation can be applied to any opinion expressed on a forum. They should take the trouble to read this (7 minutes) and would realize that responses such as “I am not talking to you!” or a sarcastic ill-informed one liner, is no substitute for a reasoned argument as a response. It just shows the responder’s weakness and/or ignorance on the subject.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll is admitting you have no argument.- by Caitlin Johnstone

Well, let me start off this weird, stupid article that I shouldn’t have to write by saying that I myself am not a Russian agent. I’ve never been to Russia, I have no ties to the Russian government, I rarely use sources in my articles that have ties to Russia, and to the best of my knowledge none of my patrons are Russian. I say this not because I feel a need to defend these foam-brained accusations but to point out that it is, in fact, very possible to disagree with the establishment Russia narrative without being incentivized to in Roubles.

Political discourse between establishment loyalists and everyone else has been trampled to death by the gratuitous use of this obnoxious debate-avoiding tactic. Everyone who publicly questions the MSNBC Russia narrative will be met with these accusations. Everyone who speaks about it with much of an online following will receive these accusations on a daily basis.

This is not normal. Anti-Trumpists have been trained over the last year by people like Rachel Maddow, Louise Mensch, and the Palmer Report to believe that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian agent is a normal thing that sane people do, but they are wrong. It is a bizarre, obnoxious tactic, and when you use it, you are admitting that you have no argument.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22Accusing_Someone_You_Disagree_With_Of_Being_A_Russian_Troll_Is_Admitting_You_Have_No_Argument%22/61941/0/38/38/Y/M.html



She explains:

In the unlikely event that any Louise Mensch types are still reading at this point, let me explain how normal online discourse operates:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B presents a rebuttal to the position, often supplemented with links substantiating their claim.
• Party A returns with their own counter-argument and their own substantiations.
• Repeat this back-and-forth for as long as both parties remain interested.

Conversations like this are socially enriching and lead to a more intelligent and better-informed humanity.

Compare that to:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B accuses party A of conducting psyops for a foreign government.
• Discussion ends

These accusations always kill dialogue. And they are meant to. It is a safe way of slamming the door on ideas which make the person who uses this tactic uncomfortable.

The above explains why this forum is virtually on life support!
:)
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby CBBB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

Robin Hood wrote:How many on this forum have spat their dummies and thrown their toys out of the pram ..... simply because they are totally incapable of supporting their point of view? Of course a similar accusation can be applied to any opinion expressed on a forum. They should take the trouble to read this (7 minutes) and would realize that responses such as “I am not talking to you!” or a sarcastic ill-informed one liner, is no substitute for a reasoned argument as a response. It just shows the responder’s weakness and/or ignorance on the subject.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll is admitting you have no argument.- by Caitlin Johnstone

Well, let me start off this weird, stupid article that I shouldn’t have to write by saying that I myself am not a Russian agent. I’ve never been to Russia, I have no ties to the Russian government, I rarely use sources in my articles that have ties to Russia, and to the best of my knowledge none of my patrons are Russian. I say this not because I feel a need to defend these foam-brained accusations but to point out that it is, in fact, very possible to disagree with the establishment Russia narrative without being incentivized to in Roubles.

Political discourse between establishment loyalists and everyone else has been trampled to death by the gratuitous use of this obnoxious debate-avoiding tactic. Everyone who publicly questions the MSNBC Russia narrative will be met with these accusations. Everyone who speaks about it with much of an online following will receive these accusations on a daily basis.

This is not normal. Anti-Trumpists have been trained over the last year by people like Rachel Maddow, Louise Mensch, and the Palmer Report to believe that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian agent is a normal thing that sane people do, but they are wrong. It is a bizarre, obnoxious tactic, and when you use it, you are admitting that you have no argument.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22Accusing_Someone_You_Disagree_With_Of_Being_A_Russian_Troll_Is_Admitting_You_Have_No_Argument%22/61941/0/38/38/Y/M.html



She explains:

In the unlikely event that any Louise Mensch types are still reading at this point, let me explain how normal online discourse operates:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B presents a rebuttal to the position, often supplemented with links substantiating their claim.
• Party A returns with their own counter-argument and their own substantiations.
• Repeat this back-and-forth for as long as both parties remain interested.

Conversations like this are socially enriching and lead to a more intelligent and better-informed humanity.

Compare that to:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B accuses party A of conducting psyops for a foreign government.
• Discussion ends

These accusations always kill dialogue. And they are meant to. It is a safe way of slamming the door on ideas which make the person who uses this tactic uncomfortable.

The above explains why this forum is virtually on life support!
:)


You really should get a life!
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 am

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:How many on this forum have spat their dummies and thrown their toys out of the pram ..... simply because they are totally incapable of supporting their point of view? Of course a similar accusation can be applied to any opinion expressed on a forum. They should take the trouble to read this (7 minutes) and would realize that responses such as “I am not talking to you!” or a sarcastic ill-informed one liner, is no substitute for a reasoned argument as a response. It just shows the responder’s weakness and/or ignorance on the subject.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll is admitting you have no argument.- by Caitlin Johnstone

Well, let me start off this weird, stupid article that I shouldn’t have to write by saying that I myself am not a Russian agent. I’ve never been to Russia, I have no ties to the Russian government, I rarely use sources in my articles that have ties to Russia, and to the best of my knowledge none of my patrons are Russian. I say this not because I feel a need to defend these foam-brained accusations but to point out that it is, in fact, very possible to disagree with the establishment Russia narrative without being incentivized to in Roubles.

Political discourse between establishment loyalists and everyone else has been trampled to death by the gratuitous use of this obnoxious debate-avoiding tactic. Everyone who publicly questions the MSNBC Russia narrative will be met with these accusations. Everyone who speaks about it with much of an online following will receive these accusations on a daily basis.

This is not normal. Anti-Trumpists have been trained over the last year by people like Rachel Maddow, Louise Mensch, and the Palmer Report to believe that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian agent is a normal thing that sane people do, but they are wrong. It is a bizarre, obnoxious tactic, and when you use it, you are admitting that you have no argument.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22Accusing_Someone_You_Disagree_With_Of_Being_A_Russian_Troll_Is_Admitting_You_Have_No_Argument%22/61941/0/38/38/Y/M.html



She explains:

In the unlikely event that any Louise Mensch types are still reading at this point, let me explain how normal online discourse operates:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B presents a rebuttal to the position, often supplemented with links substantiating their claim.
• Party A returns with their own counter-argument and their own substantiations.
• Repeat this back-and-forth for as long as both parties remain interested.

Conversations like this are socially enriching and lead to a more intelligent and better-informed humanity.

Compare that to:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B accuses party A of conducting psyops for a foreign government.
• Discussion ends

These accusations always kill dialogue. And they are meant to. It is a safe way of slamming the door on ideas which make the person who uses this tactic uncomfortable.

The above explains why this forum is virtually on life support!
:)


You really should get a life!


Well done! Your comment confirms that Caitlin Johnstone's analysis of your method of forum response and my comments, are in fact, completely accurate. Your methodology is the death knell for any discussion and you demonstrate that you have nothing to contribute to any discussion.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby CBBB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:How many on this forum have spat their dummies and thrown their toys out of the pram ..... simply because they are totally incapable of supporting their point of view? Of course a similar accusation can be applied to any opinion expressed on a forum. They should take the trouble to read this (7 minutes) and would realize that responses such as “I am not talking to you!” or a sarcastic ill-informed one liner, is no substitute for a reasoned argument as a response. It just shows the responder’s weakness and/or ignorance on the subject.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll is admitting you have no argument.- by Caitlin Johnstone

Well, let me start off this weird, stupid article that I shouldn’t have to write by saying that I myself am not a Russian agent. I’ve never been to Russia, I have no ties to the Russian government, I rarely use sources in my articles that have ties to Russia, and to the best of my knowledge none of my patrons are Russian. I say this not because I feel a need to defend these foam-brained accusations but to point out that it is, in fact, very possible to disagree with the establishment Russia narrative without being incentivized to in Roubles.

Political discourse between establishment loyalists and everyone else has been trampled to death by the gratuitous use of this obnoxious debate-avoiding tactic. Everyone who publicly questions the MSNBC Russia narrative will be met with these accusations. Everyone who speaks about it with much of an online following will receive these accusations on a daily basis.

This is not normal. Anti-Trumpists have been trained over the last year by people like Rachel Maddow, Louise Mensch, and the Palmer Report to believe that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian agent is a normal thing that sane people do, but they are wrong. It is a bizarre, obnoxious tactic, and when you use it, you are admitting that you have no argument.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22Accusing_Someone_You_Disagree_With_Of_Being_A_Russian_Troll_Is_Admitting_You_Have_No_Argument%22/61941/0/38/38/Y/M.html



She explains:

In the unlikely event that any Louise Mensch types are still reading at this point, let me explain how normal online discourse operates:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B presents a rebuttal to the position, often supplemented with links substantiating their claim.
• Party A returns with their own counter-argument and their own substantiations.
• Repeat this back-and-forth for as long as both parties remain interested.

Conversations like this are socially enriching and lead to a more intelligent and better-informed humanity.

Compare that to:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B accuses party A of conducting psyops for a foreign government.
• Discussion ends

These accusations always kill dialogue. And they are meant to. It is a safe way of slamming the door on ideas which make the person who uses this tactic uncomfortable.

The above explains why this forum is virtually on life support!
:)


You really should get a life!


Well done! Your comment confirms that Caitlin Johnstone's analysis of your method of forum response and my comments, are in fact, completely accurate. Your methodology is the death knell for any discussion and you demonstrate that you have nothing to contribute to any discussion.


I stick by comment.

Your posts are the death knell for any discussion.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm

CBBB:
You really should get a life!


RH replied to your comment one liner:

Well done! Your comment confirms that Caitlin Johnstone's analysis of your method of forum response and my comments, are in fact, completely accurate. Your methodology is the death knell for any discussion and you demonstrate that you have nothing to contribute to any discussion.


CBBB.

I stick by comment.

Your posts are the death knell for any discussion.


My posts ARE discussions yours are not .... as the author correctly points out.

Your forum profile suits you .....' You claim to live in the Centre of the Universe and regard yourself as a genius' so humility is not exactly your strong point. You have made over 11,000 post's on this forum and have, from what I can find, never actually imparted anything of use to anyone, in any thread !

Once again you prove the lady is right, you are not capable of intelligent discussion as you lack knowledge to form a counter argument but have an abundance of self esteem, self opinion and sheer arrogance.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby CBBB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
CBBB:
You really should get a life!


RH replied to your comment one liner:

Well done! Your comment confirms that Caitlin Johnstone's analysis of your method of forum response and my comments, are in fact, completely accurate. Your methodology is the death knell for any discussion and you demonstrate that you have nothing to contribute to any discussion.


CBBB.

I stick by comment.

Your posts are the death knell for any discussion.


My posts ARE discussions yours are not .... as the author correctly points out.

Your forum profile suits you .....' You claim to live in the Centre of the Universe and regard yourself as a genius' so humility is not exactly your strong point. You have made over 11,000 post's on this forum and have, from what I can find, never actually imparted anything of use to anyone, in any thread !

Once again you prove the lady is right, you are not capable of intelligent discussion as you lack knowledge to form a counter argument but have an abundance of self esteem, self opinion and sheer arrogance.


...and a life, which you definitely lack.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:51 am

CBBB:
...and a life, which you definitely lack.


Another subject of which you know nothing. It is simply your uninformed opinion! If you are the genius you think you are, back it up with some facts. So far every time you touch the keyboard to post ..... you prove Caitlin Johnstone was spot on!

You have no argument at all against the content of the article by CJ, so you try to divert to something else ...... which she points out as being a common response from those with no counter argument on a subject.
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian tr

Postby Paphitis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:How many on this forum have spat their dummies and thrown their toys out of the pram ..... simply because they are totally incapable of supporting their point of view? Of course a similar accusation can be applied to any opinion expressed on a forum. They should take the trouble to read this (7 minutes) and would realize that responses such as “I am not talking to you!” or a sarcastic ill-informed one liner, is no substitute for a reasoned argument as a response. It just shows the responder’s weakness and/or ignorance on the subject.

Accusing someone you disagree with of being a Russian troll is admitting you have no argument.- by Caitlin Johnstone

Well, let me start off this weird, stupid article that I shouldn’t have to write by saying that I myself am not a Russian agent. I’ve never been to Russia, I have no ties to the Russian government, I rarely use sources in my articles that have ties to Russia, and to the best of my knowledge none of my patrons are Russian. I say this not because I feel a need to defend these foam-brained accusations but to point out that it is, in fact, very possible to disagree with the establishment Russia narrative without being incentivized to in Roubles.

Political discourse between establishment loyalists and everyone else has been trampled to death by the gratuitous use of this obnoxious debate-avoiding tactic. Everyone who publicly questions the MSNBC Russia narrative will be met with these accusations. Everyone who speaks about it with much of an online following will receive these accusations on a daily basis.

This is not normal. Anti-Trumpists have been trained over the last year by people like Rachel Maddow, Louise Mensch, and the Palmer Report to believe that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian agent is a normal thing that sane people do, but they are wrong. It is a bizarre, obnoxious tactic, and when you use it, you are admitting that you have no argument.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/%22Accusing_Someone_You_Disagree_With_Of_Being_A_Russian_Troll_Is_Admitting_You_Have_No_Argument%22/61941/0/38/38/Y/M.html



She explains:

In the unlikely event that any Louise Mensch types are still reading at this point, let me explain how normal online discourse operates:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B presents a rebuttal to the position, often supplemented with links substantiating their claim.
• Party A returns with their own counter-argument and their own substantiations.
• Repeat this back-and-forth for as long as both parties remain interested.

Conversations like this are socially enriching and lead to a more intelligent and better-informed humanity.

Compare that to:

• Party A presents a position on an issue.
• Party B accuses party A of conducting psyops for a foreign government.
• Discussion ends

These accusations always kill dialogue. And they are meant to. It is a safe way of slamming the door on ideas which make the person who uses this tactic uncomfortable.

The above explains why this forum is virtually on life support!
:)


You really should get a life!


Well done! Your comment confirms that Caitlin Johnstone's analysis of your method of forum response and my comments, are in fact, completely accurate. Your methodology is the death knell for any discussion and you demonstrate that you have nothing to contribute to any discussion.


I stick by comment.

Your posts are the death knell for any discussion.


:lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20997
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests