The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Angels and Eurovision Cry

Cinema, theater, music etc.

Postby Greek goddess » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:32 pm

cypezokyli wrote:i am not a fun of eurovision, and i dont really care who came first.
but i never expected, votes per region :shock:
i wonder who came up with this idea


I am positive is somebody that wanted to maximise the profit from the tele-voting phone calls
User avatar
Greek goddess
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: UK

Postby Leonidas » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:32 pm

Greek goddess wrote:
cypezokyli wrote:i am not a fun of eurovision, and i dont really care who came first.
but i never expected, votes per region :shock:
i wonder who came up with this idea


I am positive is somebody that wanted to maximise the profit from the tele-voting phone calls


I bet you are right Goddess. And I bet all the teenagers with theirs mobiles voted because of the chosen song sounds Britney all over.
I downloaded the song. I was not impressed at all.

No wonder Vissi went with Greece. Then again, like I said earlier, she was chosen to rep Greece without voting for her. I guess Greece respected her and will vote on the song Vissi will sing.

Am I clear in understanding that there are no songs chosen by Greece yet? This whole Eurovision thing is all Greek to me........... lol
User avatar
Leonidas
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: USA

Postby Sotos » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:51 am

Leonidas, to me it sounded more like a black song than a Britney song! A friend of mine today told me that he received an SMS asking him to vote for number 9!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10649
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Postby Leonidas » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 am

Sotos wrote:Leonidas, to me it sounded more like a black song than a Britney song! A friend of mine today told me that he received an SMS asking him to vote for number 9!


Definetly Soto. And I am definetly not a Britney fan.
Hope Vissi gets to win it cos Cyprus has no chance.
Had some friends of mine here listen to it.
They where not impressed either.

So what IS Vissi singing? One of her songs? Call me or lie or someone elses?
User avatar
Leonidas
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: USA

Postby anastasiaC » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:50 am

Where can u download the song from??
Im keen to have a listen........
anastasiaC
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:20 am

Postby Leonidas » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:03 am

Sotos wrote:Leonidas, to me it sounded more like a black song than a Britney song! A friend of mine today told me that he received an SMS asking him to vote for number 9!


Which song was #9 Soto?

Some of the other reaction I got here was that she was singing this a bit over her voice capabilites, IS that right or was it just the MP3 I downloaded.
User avatar
Leonidas
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: USA

Postby Maria28 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:35 pm

It was not that bad for a Eurovision song.

Lets hope it will pass to the second round.
Maria28
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:33 am

Postby Leonidas » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:52 pm

I read on Cyprus Eurovision page that she is planning to change the song and make it more upbeat and stuff.

What I was saying Maria is that it is too melancholic, (sp) and from the MP3 I downloaded her voice goes up and down. And the UP part seemed that she could not make it as high.

Somehow it would not had been the song I would had chosen. Then again, I am in love with Vissi. lol
User avatar
Leonidas
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: USA

Postby Greek goddess » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:56 pm

Maria28 wrote:It was not that bad for a Eurovision song.

Lets hope it will pass to the second round.


Somehow I don’t think so it is so mournful and I don’t think it is catchy enough
User avatar
Greek goddess
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: UK

Postby Greek goddess » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:03 pm

Leonidas wrote:I read on Cyprus Eurovision page that she is planning to change the song and make it more upbeat and stuff.

What I was saying Maria is that it is too melancholic, (sp) and from the MP3 I downloaded her voice goes up and down. And the UP part seemed that she could not make it as high.

Somehow it would not had been the song I would had chosen. Then again, I am in love with Vissi. lol


I know what you mean about vissi I am not in love with her but I think she is stunning.
I am not intimidated. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is good news that she will change the tempo her voice it is too strong for such a mellow song.
User avatar
Greek goddess
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests