The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cyprus Flag & National Anthem

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Cyprus Flag & National Anthem

Postby Strahd » Mon May 29, 2006 3:11 pm

michalis5354 wrote:
I completely disagree of banning the flying of other flags, it is against human rights!


But isnt it against the law?


Do we have to point you again in the constitution of the Republic of Cyprus?

Article 4
1. The Republic shall have its own flag of neutral design and colour, chosen jointly by the President and the Vice-President of the Republic.

2. The authorities of the Republic and any public corporation or public utility body created by or under the laws of the Republic shall fly the flag of the Republic and they shall have the right to fly on holidays together with the flag of the Republic both the Greek and the Turkish flags at the same time.

3. The Communal authorities and institutions shall have the right to fly on holidays together with the flag of the Republic either the Greek or the Turkish flag at the same time.

4. Any citizen of the Republic or any body, corporate or unincorporate other than public, whose members are citizens of the Republic, shall have the right to fly on their premises the flag of the Republic or the Greek or the Turkish flag without any restriction.
User avatar
Strahd
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Postby michalis5354 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 pm

This implies that the Greek and Turkish flags are encouraged only on holidays in public places but not any other day .

Any citizen of the Republic or any body, corporate or unincorporate other than public, whose members are citizens of the Republic


It states clearly OTHER THAN public which implies that foreign flags are not encouraged in public places.

But anyway the biggest violator of the LAW in Cyprus is the CHURCH which still today refuses to fly the cypriot flag. If I was a president I would KICK these idiots out of the island ! No wonder how the church is so corrupted !
User avatar
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:48 am

Postby Strahd » Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 pm

michalis5354 wrote:This implies that the Greek and Turkish flags are encouraged only on holidays in public places but not any other day .

Any citizen of the Republic or any body, corporate or unincorporate other than public, whose members are citizens of the Republic


It states clearly OTHER THAN public which implies that foreign flags are not encouraged in public places.

But anyway the biggest violator of the LAW in Cyprus is the CHURCH which still today refuses to fly the cypriot flag. If I was a president I would KICK these idiots out of the island ! No wonder how the church is so corrupted !


Do you really understand what this means, the sentence you quoted says: ANY CITIZEN OR ANY BODY(e.g. church) CORPORATE OR UNICORPORATE OTHER THAN PUBLIC(unless you consider church a public by the law meaning which it is not, public is e.g. AHK, waterboard, police, the house of parliament etc.) SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO FLY IN THEIR PERMISES (e.g. church courtyard) th flag of the republic OR thet Greek OR the Turkish flag WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTION(does not say anything about holidays).

Does the above makes it clear why is not against the constitution that the church flies the greek flag? and I have seen A LOT of churches flying the ROC flag as well.

Law is science and not under question, all the above is very clear if you read carefully and understand the meanings. Ask a lawyer if you do not believe me.

You clearly have no understanding or very limitted education which shows very much on the way you write and the way you interpret things, this is very typical to young nationalists like yourself(you even mentioned a Cypriot Hitler who will impose your ideas and create a nation by force).
User avatar
Strahd
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Postby Piratis » Tue May 30, 2006 1:10 am

4. Any citizen of the Republic or any body, corporate or unincorporate other than public, whose members are citizens of the Republic, shall have the right to fly on their premises the flag of the Republic or the Greek or the Turkish flag without any restriction.



Personally I believe that restrictions on the freedom of people should be placed only when absolutely necessary. So I believe that individuals should be allowed to fly whatever flag they want (as long as it does not represent something hostile and racist - e.g. the Nazi flag)

However I do not understand why only the Greek and Turkish flag can be used with no restriction according to the constitution. I believe that the Greek and Turkish flags should be as restricted as any other foreign flag. This is just one of the many flows of the 1960 agreements.

Also Cyprus needs its own National anthem.

And in the event that a federal solution is found, Cyprus should have only one flag and only one national anthem (unlike what was proposed in the annan partition plan)
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby michalis5354 » Tue May 30, 2006 2:09 pm

Strahd wrote:Do you really understand what this means, the sentence you quoted says: ANY CITIZEN OR ANY BODY(e.g. church) CORPORATE OR UNICORPORATE OTHER THAN PUBLIC(unless you consider church a public by the law meaning which it is not, public is e.g. AHK, waterboard, police, the house of parliament etc.) SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO FLY IN THEIR PERMISES (e.g. church courtyard) th flag of the republic OR thet Greek OR the Turkish flag WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTION(does not say anything about holidays).


Yes I consider church a public place not belonging to the government but to the general public.The beach is also a public place in the context that it is not private place and hence it does not belong to anyone.



Does the above makes it clear why is not against the constitution that the church flies the greek flag? and I have seen A LOT of churches flying the ROC flag as well.


Where have you seen church with Cy flag?

Since I consider a church to be a public place then I still have my opinion.

Law is science and not under question, all the above is very clear if you read carefully and understand the meanings. Ask a lawyer if you do not believe me.


Good idea . I need to ask a lawyer maybe an international lawyer and I will do it to get feedback as the point above is not clear.
User avatar
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:48 am

Postby Strahd » Tue May 30, 2006 2:25 pm

michalis5354 wrote:
Strahd wrote:Do you really understand what this means, the sentence you quoted says: ANY CITIZEN OR ANY BODY(e.g. church) CORPORATE OR UNICORPORATE OTHER THAN PUBLIC(unless you consider church a public by the law meaning which it is not, public is e.g. AHK, waterboard, police, the house of parliament etc.) SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO FLY IN THEIR PERMISES (e.g. church courtyard) th flag of the republic OR thet Greek OR the Turkish flag WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTION(does not say anything about holidays).


Yes I consider church a public place not belonging to the government but to the general public.The beach is also a public place in the context that it is not private place and hence it does not belong to anyone.



Does the above makes it clear why is not against the constitution that the church flies the greek flag? and I have seen A LOT of churches flying the ROC flag as well.


Where have you seen church with Cy flag?

Since I consider a church to be a public place then I still have my opinion.

Law is science and not under question, all the above is very clear if you read carefully and understand the meanings. Ask a lawyer if you do not believe me.


Good idea . I need to ask a lawyer maybe an international lawyer and I will do it to get feedback as the point above is not clear.


Ουδεμία σχέση με το διεθνές δίκαιο το συγκεκριμένο θέμα, συνταγματολόγο θέλεις...
User avatar
Strahd
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Postby Strahd » Tue May 30, 2006 2:34 pm

michalis5354 wrote:Yes I consider church a public place not belonging to the government but to the general public.The beach is also a public place in the context that it is not private place and hence it does not belong to anyone.


It does not really matter what you consider it to be, a church is not a public building. You are confusing terms because english is a poor language and has only one word for public. What you are confusing is δημόσιο κτήριο which is a government building payed by your taxes and falls under the duristiction of δημόσιο δίκαιο, and a public place κοινόχρηστος χώρος e.g. a public beach.

A church is neither, it is built by churches money which is essentially private fund... it is a private organisation (hopefully non-profit) and therefore it is neither a public building nor a public place.

I am curious to the answer you will get from the lawyer...
User avatar
Strahd
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Postby MARIKKOU » Tue May 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Strahd.........my dear....


a church is a puplic place and members of the puplic have contributed for there ERECTION !

There are no private places. THERE ARE PLACES OF WORSHIP that belong to a community.

Especially in countries were relegion and government are going hand in hand.
MARIKKOU
Member
Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: Pirgos

Postby Strahd » Tue May 30, 2006 4:21 pm

MARIKKOU wrote:Strahd.........my dear....


a church is a puplic place and members of the puplic have contributed for there ERECTION !


yes they have, but not through taxation, they were donators.

There are no private places. THERE ARE PLACES OF WORSHIP that belong to a community.


yes that is the basis of a church, however this is the religious approach and not the status quo of this buildings according to law


Especially in countries were relegion and government are going hand in hand.


Not in modern Cyprus, it is not.

Let us see what is the opinion of a lawyer...
User avatar
Strahd
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Postby MARIKKOU » Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 am

Anyway the issue is about the Flags and National Anthem


Who cares about the churches.


As far as i am concerned they should demolish all the churches confiscate all there assets and give it to the poor people to live a better life.

Also they should banned relegion altogether!



Cheers
MARIKKOU
Member
Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: Pirgos

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests