The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Regarding the recent elections

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Regarding the recent elections

Postby Filitsa » Sat May 27, 2006 10:52 pm

Was a vote for Papadopoulos a vote for the status quo?
User avatar
Filitsa
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:26 am

Postby cypezokyli » Sat May 27, 2006 10:55 pm

the future will tell.

but the recent vote was not a vote for tpap :wink:
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: deutschland

Postby Piratis » Sun May 28, 2006 1:57 am

Was a vote for Papadopoulos a vote for the status quo?


It was a vote for an acceptebale solution to the Cyprus problem.

If we wanted just to suicide and accept whatever they are trying to force on us because it is the easy thing to do then we could have voted for Utopos.

but the recent vote was not a vote for tpap


Tassos party was among the parties that greatly increased its power, along with EDEK, another party that fully supports Papadopoulos policies.

Along with the fact that EDI didn't manage to win a seat it is a clear indication that people approve Papadopoulos on the Cyprus issue.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby Filitsa » Sun May 28, 2006 2:12 am

(:oops: Apology for posting in the wrong forum and thank you for moving it to the appropriate one. It's been a while, and I neglected to scroll down low enough. :oops:)
User avatar
Filitsa
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:26 am

Postby cypezokyli » Sun May 28, 2006 10:06 am

i do not deny that the AP might have played a role in the last elections but i am not that convinced that it was that significant. imo , people in general vote traditionally.

i.e. if people vote having the cyppro as their first priority , dysi should have received way less than 24% (especially considering that half of those yes-supporters came from akel). in the end dysi received more than 30%!!!!

dikos rise its just the sum of the party it cooperated with.
and according (not to dysi) but the partners diko and akel , the rise of edek is justified through the position of its ministers.
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: deutschland

Postby Sotos » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:09 am

not all people vote traditionally. I think probably about 80% vote traditionally. The other 20% are the ones that can change choices and affect the results. I think Annan plan was one of the important factors for that 20%.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10685
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am


Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests