The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


AKEL and DISY for Kykkos Bishop? VOTE AGAINST HIM

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Postby cypezokyli » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:44 pm

sadik wrote:
cypezokyli wrote:
AKEL and DISY for Kykkos Bishop? VOTE AGAINST HIM


btw, what you wrote is inacurate.
akel, indeed supports nikiforos , while this is not the case for dysi.

and you didnot come back to correct it, even after there was a public statement that dysi, will not interefere with the church elections


It's amazing that a communist party is interfering in Church elections. Every other word they use is Maxism and Leninism, so isn't Dialectical materialism supposed to be their religion? Aren't they supposed to be atheists? Church, football clubs, their own coffee and alcoholic drings... Religious, atheistic, business oriented communists of Cyprus... They are never boring.


yeap.
these are good questions that the akelites, need to answer.
on the other hand, from a strictly political perspective perhaps they realised that it would be better, to have the church as a friend rather as an enemy.

apparently soyer will follow a similar path, cooperating with the new to be, first time ever, tc islamist party
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: deutschland

Postby Piratis » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:14 pm

and you didnot come back to correct it, even after there was a public statement that dysi, will not interefere with the church elections


So what is left is for AKEL to make a public statement that they will not interefere with the church elections. This would mean than no party interfears and everything is great. Great!
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby cypezokyli » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:33 pm

i have the feeling that you are not following the news.
akel said oficially that they are supporting nikiforos!
edek and dysi officially said that they are not getting involved.
a number of personalities including party members of diko, edek and dysi also support nikiforos - so i dont really get how you come up, with the above conclusion! if simply bc kliridis is supporting nikiforos, it means that the whole of dysi does , then why dont you claim the same for diko and edek ?

the question is how did you reach that conclusion.
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: deutschland

Postby sadik » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:02 am

cypezokyli wrote:
sadik wrote:
cypezokyli wrote:
AKEL and DISY for Kykkos Bishop? VOTE AGAINST HIM


btw, what you wrote is inacurate.
akel, indeed supports nikiforos , while this is not the case for dysi.

and you didnot come back to correct it, even after there was a public statement that dysi, will not interefere with the church elections


It's amazing that a communist party is interfering in Church elections. Every other word they use is Maxism and Leninism, so isn't Dialectical materialism supposed to be their religion? Aren't they supposed to be atheists? Church, football clubs, their own coffee and alcoholic drings... Religious, atheistic, business oriented communists of Cyprus... They are never boring.


yeap.
these are good questions that the akelites, need to answer.
on the other hand, from a strictly political perspective perhaps they realised that it would be better, to have the church as a friend rather as an enemy.

apparently soyer will follow a similar path, cooperating with the new to be, first time ever, tc islamist party


It's alright to have good relations with the Church based on respect for each other. But taking sides in the Church elections is something else.

For Soyer as well. There is nothing wrong with having good relations with the AKP. After all they have so far been pro-EU. But it was wrong for Soyer to go the Friday prayers with Erdogan last time he visited Cyprus. Soyer is not a praying person, so he did it to look nice to the AKP crowd. I don't like this kind of politics.
sadik
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Famagusta

Postby sadik » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:04 am

cypezokyli wrote:i have the feeling that you are not following the news.
akel said oficially that they are supporting nikiforos!
edek and dysi officially said that they are not getting involved.
a number of personalities including party members of diko, edek and dysi also support nikiforos - so i dont really get how you come up, with the above conclusion! if simply bc kliridis is supporting nikiforos, it means that the whole of dysi does , then why dont you claim the same for diko and edek ?

the question is how did you reach that conclusion.


What's the position of Nikiforos on the Cyprus Problem?
sadik
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Famagusta

Postby Bananiot » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

God ... knows!

P.S. However, Piratis seems to know. Better he answers.
User avatar
Bananiot
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:51 pm
Location: Nicosia

Postby sadik » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Bananiot wrote:God ... knows!

P.S. However, Piratis seems to know. Better he answers.


I guess it goes both ways. God knows his position and he will know what the position of God is on the cyprob after he's elected.
sadik
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Famagusta

Postby Kifeas » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:38 pm

sadik wrote:
Bananiot wrote:God ... knows!

P.S. However, Piratis seems to know. Better he answers.


I guess it goes both ways. God knows his position and he will know what the position of God is on the cyprob after he's elected.


Nikiforos is clueless and has no opinion on his own about the Cyprus problem, neither on any other issue of political essence. All he knows, cares, wants and dreams, is to become the Archbishop of Cyprus. That is probably why he was chosen as the favorite of Akel. Lately he added phrases in his rhetoric about the need to work for the reconciliation with the TC community, ...for respect, compassion and brotherhood with the other side, ...for the need to work for a solution, ...etc, etc. These are obvious additions in his rhetoric instructed by Akel, as part of the exchange deal to earn their support.
User avatar
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4927
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Lapithos, Kyrenia, now Pafos; Cyprus.

Postby michalis5354 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Nikiforis is more capable of adminstrating the church. He proved this in the Stock Exchange ,where he made millions while others lost fortunes. And a priest to possess such a knowledge is something positive for him.
User avatar
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:48 am

Postby Kifeas » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:53 pm

cypezokyli wrote:
sadik wrote:
cypezokyli wrote:
AKEL and DISY for Kykkos Bishop? VOTE AGAINST HIM


btw, what you wrote is inacurate.
akel, indeed supports nikiforos , while this is not the case for dysi.

and you didnot come back to correct it, even after there was a public statement that dysi, will not interefere with the church elections


It's amazing that a communist party is interfering in Church elections. Every other word they use is Maxism and Leninism, so isn't Dialectical materialism supposed to be their religion? Aren't they supposed to be atheists? Church, football clubs, their own coffee and alcoholic drings... Religious, atheistic, business oriented communists of Cyprus... They are never boring.


yeap.
these are good questions that the akelites, need to answer.
on the other hand, from a strictly political perspective perhaps they realised that it would be better, to have the church as a friend rather as an enemy.

apparently soyer will follow a similar path, cooperating with the new to be, first time ever, tc islamist party


It is called “theological materialism” and “elastic (Machiavellian) socialism of the proletariat!” It is a type of socialism on its own.
User avatar
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4927
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Lapithos, Kyrenia, now Pafos; Cyprus.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests