The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Two things the RoC can do now ...

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Postby Viewpoint » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:58 am

humanist wrote:Sotos, we have to give something back we cannot accept that we can have it all our way. Man, if some of us have to move out of a house a second time until a pernanent solution is found, well we are doing it for Cyprus. I think we need to live by example, and practice what we preech.

I read today that Oli Rhen is congratulating Talat and is asking the RoC to look at Talat as an example, Big fat example of a man he is, allowing the sale of refugee land yet we have to look at him as an example. What a whole lot of crap, from the EU. They are squising us to the kilt.

Besides that we need to give back houses and Greek Speaking Cypriots living in those houses need to be re-housed. In appreciation of the pain and heart ache that would cause the RoC governement need to take immediate action to re-house those families and in most cases it would be older people as their children have probably moved on, into their own homes. They need to be re-housed permanenly in the south in house specially built for people in these situations and on available land with deeds given to them to compensate for the second move. If a solution is found people can then choose their home in the north or stay where they are or in tose very few circumstances then they can keep both.

If the RoC is really looking at unification I think it needs to make it more attractive for cypriots currently living in the north to move to the south, then and only then would the RoC be able to argue that there is no need for the trnc to exists because it is not providing haven for the turkish speaking cypriots but for mainland turks, who are also human beings and who have a right to life but are illegal immigrants as far as the legal definition goes.

I do believe the issue goes beyond financial issues and it is about respect if we can show that we are willing to give back property and people have been given opportunities to gain employment in Lemessos or Paphos for example and already have an ancetral home there why would they choose to sell and go and live in the impoverished trnc. They will stay there, then perhaps they will see that not all cypriots are -----. That is how we can begin to forge trust and build meaning ful relationships. Unless the RoC wants partition and it is not saying so. I belkieve that every tsc property in the south ought to be made available to its rightful owner in the following year so long as those people are not occupying refugee property, in the north, it is then up to that family to do what they wish for with their land. That is excactly what we are asking for. To this end we need to act by example and let the internatioannl coomunity be the jusdge of right action. Yes there will be thieves who will double dip and that is not right either but that is the reality of humanity there are thieves and they will try to get as much as they can, but if the EU can comend Talat for opening Ledra street passing, imagine whatr a commendation Papadopoulos would get if he took such a poossitive move. At the moment we see 9,000 tscyp's mostly from north Lefkosia employeed in the RoC, imagine what will happen with right incentives the number of tsc's moving to their paphian villages if they had work over there also.

As far as Kykos owning the trnc well that may be the case, but it is also a rich institution and the RoC needs to tax them heavily in order to re-coup some money from taxes to enable the above to take place.

I also believe that the RoC needs to take register of thaose cypriots who will not return north or south so that we know numbers that will need to be re-housed where they are currently living and also for the trnc to know they will not be swamped by refugees returning to their properties. I know of several families who will not return to the north, because they alll now have mansions in the south. whilst i believe that people have the right to do as they please with their property, this is not a normal situation so some of them will need to take compensation and some will be happy to do so. They would not be interested in going back to their orrange groves, some will and thiose need to be able to do so.

In closing here is a hopeful quote "It is not only Belgium but even the super power [the United States] are intimidated by the Greek Cypriots. Both Belgium and the United States is afraid that the Greek Cypriot has a high capability of making noise." And so they should be Injustice has been brought onto Cyprus by the Occupation Forces and it is unacceptable so we need to shout from the roof tops and if Belgiam and US are affraid then they need to do something more than just allowing Turkey a bully country to enter the EU. No country that violate human rights ought to ber given credit for the injustice.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detay ... &bolum=102

FREEDOM FOR CYPUR TURKS OUT OF CYPURS REFUGEES HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENJOY THEIR PROPERTY.


You are talking about positive action that a leadership could take to unite 2 communities but what has you side really done in the last 4 years? nothing, what does this tell you?
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Postby humanist » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:40 am

It tells me that your side has sone very little either VP, hence the shit we are in.... Your side infact has recently threatened war on the rest of Cyprus. Furthermore your previous leader is still asking Turkey to intervene with war.

The Turkish Speaking Cypriots have got to decide what they want and do it fast. If the want Unification and are unable to achieve that because they have the turks to content with then they need to voice that they feel intimidated by Turey so that things can get moving.

Please provide details of what turkish speaking cypriot has done in the past four years to unify the Isalnd as opposed to partitioning the Island.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:45 am

humanist wrote:It tells me that your side has sone very little either VP, hence the shit we are in.... Your side infact has recently threatened war on the rest of Cyprus. Furthermore your previous leader is still asking Turkey to intervene with war.

The Turkish Speaking Cypriots have got to decide what they want and do it fast. If the want Unification and are unable to achieve that because they have the turks to content with then they need to voice that they feel intimidated by Turey so that things can get moving.

Please provide details of what turkish speaking cypriot has done in the past four years to unify the Isalnd as opposed to partitioning the Island.


Please humanist we have answered this question over and over again but have never heard what GCs have done for unification please feel free to enlighten us.

To your point about about TC making up their minds about kicking Turkey out, could also clarify how this can be achieved when we are economically dependent on them and live under GC imposed embargoes? Or do we just voice that we are not happy with Turkey and take the consequences with the GC onlooking as this would serve their purpose, an irate and pissed off Turkey against TCs would put more pressure on us to accept GC demand. The economically stronger side has to take the first step not the other way around.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Postby humanist » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm

NO answer to VP unless you tell me one by one what social and community rights you are referring too.

an example equal right to vote, would you like another equal rights at work.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby humanist » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm

VP am a stupid greek speaking cypriot who needs things spelled out. enlighten me please.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:40 pm

humanist wrote:NO answer to VP unless you tell me one by one what social and community rights you are referring too.

an example equal right to vote, would you like another equal rights at work.


What you have yet to understand that we unlike the GCs do not claim to represent them, but here are a few things the TCs have in the past 4 years;

Got rid of Denktas,

Voted for a Pro Unification President

Votes in CTP a pro unification party

Took to the streets and stages the biggest meeting in the world

Voted YES to the only comprehensive solution plan put before us, brokered be the UN and endorsed by 99% of the world, including the EU and Greece

Opened the borders for people to move and stay where ever they wish

Allowed services in Churches

Opened a GC school

Set up a property commission and returned and compensated GCs

Allowed you to apply for jobs and work in the north

You can use Ercan airport

You can rent property and reside in the TRNC

Ask Fanous about his life in the TRNC

You turn????
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Postby zan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:46 pm

Viewpoint wrote:
humanist wrote:It tells me that your side has sone very little either VP, hence the shit we are in.... Your side infact has recently threatened war on the rest of Cyprus. Furthermore your previous leader is still asking Turkey to intervene with war.

The Turkish Speaking Cypriots have got to decide what they want and do it fast. If the want Unification and are unable to achieve that because they have the turks to content with then they need to voice that they feel intimidated by Turey so that things can get moving.

Please provide details of what turkish speaking cypriot has done in the past four years to unify the Isalnd as opposed to partitioning the Island.


Please humanist we have answered this question over and over again but have never heard what GCs have done for unification please feel free to enlighten us.

To your point about about TC making up their minds about kicking Turkey out, could also clarify how this can be achieved when we are economically dependent on them and live under GC imposed embargoes? Or do we just voice that we are not happy with Turkey and take the consequences with the GC onlooking as this would serve their purpose, an irate and pissed off Turkey against TCs would put more pressure on us to accept GC demand. The economically stronger side has to take the first step not the other way around.




We shout from the highest mountains " WE WANT YOU TO LIFT THE EMBARGOES", and still we hear the echo coming back " YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS".
We shout with all our hearts " WE DO NOT TRUST YOU", and our echo comes back " NO REALLY, PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MINDS".
"WE WANT RECOGNITION. WE WANT RECOGNITION. WE WANT RECOGNITION".
echo;
"TRY AGAIN, WHAT IS IT THAT REALLY WANT".






How does that old joke go again.
SON: Dad can I have a pound?
DAD: A pound. What do you want 50p for. 30p is a lot of money. Have you asked your mum for 10p? NO? then here is a penny, go play. :roll:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby humanist » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:53 pm

VP you are not answering my question, please tell me what equalk rights you are referring too.


Zan, we shout from the higest mountain, allow refugees the right of return and we will lift the embargoes, get turkish troops out of cyprus and we will lift embargoes.

You have recognition as cypriots what else do you want? if it is recognition of the trnc well am not listening fro reasons I have mentioned earlier.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby humanist » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:54 pm

anyway I am going to bed now chat tomorrow.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Postby Viewpoint » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:23 pm

humanist wrote:VP you are not answering my question, please tell me what equalk rights you are referring too.


Zan, we shout from the higest mountain, allow refugees the right of return and we will lift the embargoes, get turkish troops out of cyprus and we will lift embargoes.

You have recognition as cypriots what else do you want? if it is recognition of the trnc well am not listening fro reasons I have mentioned earlier.


Let me remind you of your original question as you appear to have forgotten;

Please provide details of what turkish speaking cypriot has done in the past four years to unify the Isalnd as opposed to partitioning the Island.


And I listed above, now its your turn, please provide a list like mine and stop avoiding answering.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests